Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SNLGJ

9/11, I was in secondary school and they called us all to the main hall and showed us on the tv in there what was happening. We were then sent home which was weird
Princess Diana- It was on the first day of second year of secondary school, it was on the radio and my dad thought I was taking the piss
The Berlin wall coming down...I can't remember
I also oddly can't remember take that breaking up but when Robbie left I remember one of my friends ran away from home
Princess Diana died on a Saturday night/Sunday morning so I doubt you were at school that day.

Reactions: 4

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
9/11 - I was at my ex-boyfriend's parents house getting ready to go and see Hear'Say in London somewhere 🙈

Diana's death - I was asleep. When I came downstairs in the morning, the news was on and my dad told me she'd "topped herself" 🙄

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 3

TheDuchess

Chatty Member
9/11 coming home from school and seeing the news on TV with my family.

Diana-Woke up early to watch the weeks Teletubbies and got annoyed that it had been replaced by breaking news coverage 🙈

Take That I just remember a lot of girls crying 😂

• Heart

CCnow

9/11 - walking through the town centre to go to my college lesson. Walked past a telly shop and just stood there in amazement. I rang my dad straight to say wtf is going on?

Diana - Sunday morning all very surreal. Remember waking up to it and was actually very sad.

Take That - I was more upset about Robbie leaving. I was off on a club 18-30 holiday that day and I was a right mess I’m sure my mates would of been quite happy to leave me back home to mourn😂

Manchester Arena Bombing - my niece was at the concert. I’d gone to bed decided to check Twitter, read that an explosion had gone off jumped out of bed, got in my car in my pyjamas and spent 4 hours searching for her. She was ok but you couldn’t get anywhere close to get to them as everything was cornered off. What a scary night that was.

• Sad

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Berlin Wall is the first major historical event that I can remember properly. I was 9 at the time and I remember watching it on TV and watching people climbing up and over the wall.

Thechubbymoaner

VIP Member
Princess Diana died on a Saturday night/Sunday morning so I doubt you were at school that day.
Bloody hell that told me. I was 13 so it was a loooooong time ago and all I recall is it being all that was discussed in school for the day and was our first day back. Pardon my ignorance 😂😂

• Haha

A girl has no name

Chatty Member
9/11 I was 18, I'd just come home after a shift and it was all over the tv. My parents were on holiday in New York at the time so I tried ringing them but all the phone lines were down. It was so scary I didn't know if they were even alive. About 6 hours later my mum rang me to say they were ok. When they flew home a week or so later, there was still smoke coming from the rubble.

• Wow
Reactions: 2

Diva18

9/11 I gave birth and was in hospital. So remember leaving the hospital that day. Princess Di died on a Sunday in the early hours. It had been on the news all day Sunday and Monday. I am sure it was a bank holiday weekend? I remember I went out on the Monday night to a bar in London. The bars were really busy. It's all people were talking about. The 7/7 bombings I was pregnant. I had been for a scan that week in London. I remember thinking what if it had been that day. High street Kensington bombings I was working that day. I heard them go off while eating lunch in the park with friends. We came out of the park and the high street was taped off. Sirens going off police everywhere. We were lucky we were in the park at the time.

• Wow
Reactions: 2

Sparks

Chatty Member
Princess Diana: We were on our way to the airport to drop my parents off to go on holiday to Greece.

Berlin Wall: I was 9 and remember seeing it on TV, but I honestly don't remember much about it (and I am german 😬)

9/11: I was on my way home from work when I heard it on the radio. I got home and told my dad who was working in his garden and he asked if it was April fools day.

Reactions: 1

Sabbie

VIP Member
9/11? -- At work
Princess Diana’s death? -- Just got into work and found out from a colleague
When the Berlin Wall came down? -- In my first year at art school. So drunk or high for the first few months of term I had no clue it happened. Shameful.
when take that broke up? -- I have no clue so I am guessing I was at work again. :rolleyes:

I was also at work when an IRA bomb went off in the pub across the street. We heard it go off, windows shook etc., and we all looked at each other and agreed it was a bomb. We had to evacuate...obviously. Bomb threats were pretty common back then on trains etc., so an actual bomb didn't seem that unexpected. Sadly, one person died. :( That was in 1992.

• Wow

coconochanel

VIP Member
Do you remember where you were when important events in history went down?

9/11?
Princess Diana’s death?
When the Berlin Wall came down?
when take that broke up?
9/11- at hospital with a relative
Princess Diana- on holiday.
cant remember take that or berlin wall. :giggle:

monga

VIP Member
9/11: I was 7 mths pregnant sitting in my MIL gobsmacked at what I was seeing on TV .We thought they had cut to some disaster movie. Diana: In Bed and heard nxt door neighbour come in and say to my mum she had been killed. No Idea about the other two .But I remember I was in the car outside Tesco when the newsflash came on about the Omagh bomb going off.

emilynxlan

I remember finding out the Manchester arena bombing from a post on mumsnet as it was all happening, there was posters saying Hayley (i cant recall her name) from corrie had tweeted it was just balloons going off before it came on as breaking news on bbc. I think i was too young for real impact of 9/11 to hit me but the arena bombing and seeing all the victims faces really upset me. Particularly one girl from a remote Scottish island, i remember tearing up seeing her coffin making its way back to the island on a beach procession.
I had found out the morning after the attack happened, 3 of my friends were there. Fortunately they were all safe but the emotional scars will never heal. I'll never forget our 22 angels 💔Brings me to tears just thinking about it.

Bellamerrell

VIP Member
I remember finding out the Manchester arena bombing from a post on mumsnet as it was all happening, there was posters saying Hayley (i cant recall her name) from corrie had tweeted it was just balloons going off before it came on as breaking news on bbc. I think i was too young for real impact of 9/11 to hit me but the arena bombing and seeing all the victims faces really upset me. Particularly one girl from a remote Scottish island, i remember tearing up seeing her coffin making its way back to the island on a beach procession.

• Sad

carebear123

9/11 I had came home from secondary school i was 14 put tv on and was scared that the uk would be next to be hit,I'd never knew what terrorists were before then lived in my own teenager bubble.

Princess Diana’s death I was 10 years old stayed at my friend's house and woke up to her mum sobbing that the princess had died,we watched it in her mums room (normally her room was out of bounds)her mum was the type of women who would be in her good clothes and makeup.that day she didnt get dressed.

When the Berlin Wall came down? I was to young to remember this.

when take that broke up? I was 8 wasnt into them. I can remember my older cousin crying about them breaking up.

Spice girls I adored them I was 10 and when they broke up I sobbed my little heart out 😂🙈

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Do you remember where you were when important events in history went down?

9/11?
Princess Diana’s death?
When the Berlin Wall came down?
when take that broke up?

Web30

VIP Member
9/11 - I remember the news being on at home then the next day the entire school was talking about it.

Diana's death - first one up in the house,, watching the news (not sure why as I was only about 9 ) my dad came down and I told him she had died... He didn't believe me till he saw the TV.