When you know someone likes your partner...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyones gut instinct been right when they've thought someone has taken a fancy to their partner?

My gut instinct is usually pretty good and I can generally tell if someone is nice or not within the first few minutes of meeting of them. However, for the past year or so I've had a feeling someone we know really fancies my partner but I can't help but second guess myself.
I know 100% my partner wouldn't entertain the idea of this other person but they just annoy me so much because it's so obvious!

Reactions: 5
I was in a similar situation with my ex. He said the same as your partner that he wouldn't entertain it but it used to wind me up big time!

Reactions: 1
The person would always message nearly every day asking if my partner's coming to do the school pick up under the guise that her youngest wants to know, then they gave my partner a gift and would always be a little too over friendly. You know the line, they would always step over it slightly.
I know longer talk to this person for other reasons and I unfriended them as did my partner, however, this person has blocked me but not my partner. 🤨🤨

Sounds like a bit of a crush to me. Maybe now we are on lockdown it will all blow over. Mi know it would piss me off though!

They might fancy your partner, but he fancies YOU!

And he’s with you.

Next time you see them, remember that, with a big smug ‘he’s mine’ smile on your face.

Reactions: 4
I'm secure within our relationship just more amused at the cheek and blatancy of it.

Has anyones gut instinct been right when they've thought someone has taken a fancy to their partner?

My gut instinct is usually pretty good and I can generally tell if someone is nice or not within the first few minutes of meeting of them. However, for the past year or so I've had a feeling someone we know really fancies my partner but I can't help but second guess myself.
I know 100% my partner wouldn't entertain the idea of this other person but they just annoy me so much because it's so obvious!
I would be inclined to block them - don't take the bait. And don't discuss your suspicions with your partner either (so as not to give any chance of a seed being planted).

My ex best friend try make move on my partner after fancy him for years. Lucky he told me straight away not carry on with her.

• Wow
I dont think it would be the fact that she fancied him that would annoy me, my sons nursery teacher blatantly fancied my husband but she just used to flutter her eyelashes and blush lol. But the cheek of her asking if he's doing the school run and the gift would piss me right off, she obviously doesnt realise how obvious and desperate she looks.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Are you sure she isn't just being friendly and misjudged the line?

I naturally get on better with men, my best mate is my daughter's best friend's dad, we met on the school run, both happily married and our partners get on great too, we often meet up as families but we text each other and buy each other gifts, a coffee etc. There is absolutely no underlying intent though but someone looking in could assume other wise I guess?

Reactions: 3
Are you sure she isn't just being friendly and misjudged the line?

I naturally get on better with men, my best mate is my daughter's best friend's dad, we met on the school run, both happily married and our partners get on great too, we often meet up as families but we text each other and buy each other gifts, a coffee etc. There is absolutely no underlying intent though but someone looking in could assume other wise I guess?
No it's very obvious in what she's doing. She's friends with 2 other men and she's not like this towards them at all.
I've been out with her once before and never again. She's a 30 something year old woman with absolutely no decorum, self respect or control. It was very embarrassing.

We no longer talk to her or the friendship group she is in for other reasons but still the sheer cheek of it all 😂😂

I use to fancy a boy for a while who had a new girlfriend (I hadn't spoke to him in ages so no idea how she knew ) . 6 months later this girlfriend told me she was going to kill me and she had hated me for some time and i could not be in the same place as him. Anyway you can't stop people from liking you other half being jealous comes natural but best thing to do is act normal. I've been asked by men i just politely tell them i have an other half.

• Wow
Next time she asks I would say yes, hubby is doing school run but turn up together looking a million dollars and very loved up (obviously not inappropriately) and that should send her a message - but I'm petty like that
1588845018420.png

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes! This used to happen with my ex quite a lot. He was naturally a very friendly person and, at different periods in our (13 year!) relationship he was in a band and worked in hospitality so was always around a lot of people. Girls used to get crushes on him quite a bit when we were younger (girls and bands lol) and it never bothered me. But then a couple of years ago a girl he worked with, I believe, fell in love with him (or as much as you can fall in love with someone when it's one sided) and it truly pissed me off no end. I don't count myself a jealous person but man, that girl can go duck herself! Even now when we've been broken up for a year!

She employed EVERY trick in the book, it was so blatant and obvious. I'm surprised she didn't get whiplash from flicking her long blonde hair all over the place whenever he was near her 😂

We would often turn up together anyway and she would STILL shamelessly flirt with him.

Anyway, after speaking with a few other people, it turns out she's a bit of a fun for all sort of girl and loves money.

Yep. She originally found him on Facebook. She tried to add him and at the same time she liked the only thing public on my profile which was that we were engaged (so she knew he was taken obviously). His place of work was on his Facebook and a week later she turned up there and handed in her number. He told me and of course binned it. A week after that she was messaging him on Facebook from another profile, again she was blocked. So her friend then popped up asking why he wasn’t replyin. He blocked her too. She knew I was pregnant at the time too and after everything failed, she tried to get his attention whilst I was sat a few tables away.

It was an odd few months of my life I won’t lie. She was literally obsessed with my fiance. I’m not a violent person at all but if I wasn’t pregnant, I would have used her head as a mop all over the city centre. She went out her way to try and split us up I’m sure and I think it’s beyond trampy to do that.

• Wow
Yep. She originally found him on Facebook. She tried to add him and at the same time she liked the only thing public on my profile which was that we were engaged (so she knew he was taken obviously). His place of work was on his Facebook and a week later she turned up there and handed in her number. He told me and of course binned it. A week after that she was messaging him on Facebook from another profile, again she was blocked. So her friend then popped up asking why he wasn’t replyin. He blocked her too. She knew I was pregnant at the time too and after everything failed, she tried to get his attention whilst I was sat a few tables away.

It was an odd few months of my life I won’t lie. She was literally obsessed with my fiance. I’m not a violent person at all but if I wasn’t pregnant, I would have used her head as a mop all over the city centre. She went out her way to try and split us up I’m sure and I think it’s beyond trampy to do that.
Wow! That's insane of her, how you managed to keep calm I will never know 🤣

Definitely a woman move on her part. I can't stand women who are like that.

Years ago, one of my friends got pregnant to her best friends husband. The best friend had been with this guy for years and had 4 kids. I thought it was a despicable thing to do to a good friend who was a nice person. We are no longer friends.

• Wow
Wow! That's insane of her, how you managed to keep calm I will never know 🤣

Definitely a woman move on her part. I can't stand women who are like that.
We walked past her around a year after I gave birth. She tried to brush past me rather than go round me so I put my foot out and nudged her with my arm, she floored it and I almost peed myself laughing. That was a good day 😂 Childish I know but it was better than me throwing a punch or 10.

• Haha
We walked past her around a year after I gave birth. She tried to brush past me rather than go round me so I put my foot out and nudged her with my arm, she floored it and I almost peed myself laughing. That was a good day 😂 Childish I know but it was better than me throwing a punch or 10.
I bloody love you 🤣🤣🤣