When was the last time you cried and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just.. After 2 years they finally acknowledged there is indeed something wrong with my wrist and not just in my head. I need surgery. I’m relieved, happy and angry at the same time.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
An hour ago - very fed up with my job. I'm doing as much as I can (looking for other jobs, keeping a positive attitude). I have to be patient, but deep down I just want to go today.

My mental health isn't the best - I really don't know how well it would go with other prospective employers if I interview and leave while signed off sick (there is the argument that would I want to work for someone that thinks negatively of me for it? But yeah...)

I've been diplomatic in interviews (I would never go into the nitty gritty of it) and it's true there is a very high turnover in my company, but it's the fear of just making it worse.

Honestly - I really want to hand in my notice today. I'd be happy to temp for a bit as well. Just urgrgrgrhgrrgrghghhg

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Today, I bashed my elbow on the wall as I was trying to put my jacket on, an elbow bash is horrid at the best of times but I only had surgery on it less than a month ago . .
😥 ouch

• Sad
  • Heart
Yesterday, I was (re) watching a video made by an oncology nurse who was also battling cancer. It was a letter to all of her former patients entitled “I’m sorry, I didn’t get it”
I work in oncology, a family member is battling cancer, it really hit home. I’ll never again view patients’ struggles (or those of their loved ones) in the same way ❤

• Heart
Today! I miss my ex and it's tit... it doesn't seem to be getting easier and it's been over a year since the break up. :cry::cry:

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
An hour ago - very fed up with my job. I'm doing as much as I can (looking for other jobs, keeping a positive attitude). I have to be patient, but deep down I just want to go today.

My mental health isn't the best - I really don't know how well it would go with other prospective employers if I interview and leave while signed off sick (there is the argument that would I want to work for someone that thinks negatively of me for it? But yeah...)

I've been diplomatic in interviews (I would never go into the nitty gritty of it) and it's true there is a very high turnover in my company, but it's the fear of just making it worse.

Honestly - I really want to hand in my notice today. I'd be happy to temp for a bit as well. Just urgrgrgrhgrrgrghghhg

Do it and go tempting, sometimes you earn more money also

Reactions: 3
A couple of weeks ago, my cat didn't show up for about an hour and a half after he went out, which is unusual, I cried thinking he was gone missing, then he showed up and I was so relieved

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Twice today, don’t know what’s wrong with me just feel really miserable and I can’t shake it off. Feel proper tit

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Earlier in the week. Had some blood test that have flagged something I wasn’t expecting. While a lot of things seem to be better, there is now something else. I’m myself I was starting to feel a lot better than I have been and then this has thrown me off. Just fed up of it tbh

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Today. My cat has been missing since Friday night and I can’t stop thinking the worst has happened. She’s a young cat and it’s not like her to go off like this. We’ve done everything we can from actively searching for her to registering her as missing with local pet charities and organisations. We have lots of lovely people in the neighbourhood and on social media sharing her picture and details. I’ve just never lost a pet before and I’m worried sick because there’s been literally no sign of her.

I’m just venting here because I can’t show my distress in front of my children, as they’re upset enough on their own. 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Today! I'm tired of being unwell and treated badly at work. I've barely slept over the weekend because I kept thinking about work and how stressed management have made me feel over the past few weeks. I feel like I'm worthless to them and that my health doesn't matter to them. I don't want to go in tomorrow. ☹ I'm just fed up of everything and tired of fighting because people just don't give a toss. 😪

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Today! I'm tired of being unwell and treated badly at work. I've barely slept over the weekend because I kept thinking about work and how stressed management have made me feel over the past few weeks. I feel like I'm worthless to them and that my health doesn't matter to them. I don't want to go in tomorrow. ☹ I'm just fed up of everything and tired of fighting because people just don't give a toss. 😪
Aw Hope I'm sorry you're feeling down :( I've seen you post a few times now about your job and it makes me sad that you're so unhappy. Your health is absolutely your main priority so if you're unwell, call in sick. No job is worth sacrificing your health for, ever. And they will never ever thank you for, or remember you for going in when you're feeling unwell (whether that be mentally or physically). I hope your job situation improves soon but please always put yourself and your own health first. No job is worth the stress you're clearly under xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Aw Hope I'm sorry you're feeling down :( I've seen you post a few times now about your job and it makes me sad that you're so unhappy. Your health is absolutely your main priority so if you're unwell, call in sick. No job is worth sacrificing your health for, ever. And they will never ever thank you for, or remember you for going in when you're feeling unwell (whether that be mentally or physically). I hope your job situation improves soon but please always put yourself and your own health first. No job is worth the stress you're clearly under xx
Thank you SO much for taking the time to posting a lovely reply. You've made me feel a little better and it's nice to know there's people who care. ❤ I've got 2 jobs interviews in the next 2 weeks so hopefully something will come out of them and they'll match my salary. Hope you're ok. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@LittleMy has your cat turned up? I know the worry and upset when they go missing
She did thanks, she came back in the early hours of Tuesday morning a little shaken up and very hungry but otherwise unharmed. We’re so relieved 😌 x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
She did thanks, she came back in the early hours of Tuesday morning a little shaken up and very hungry but otherwise unharmed. We’re so relieved 😌 x
Aww am so happy for you, the relief when they turn up is so immense.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Last night, my Mum phoned to give me some bad news about a family member :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
I had a little happy cry - after nonsense at my current job my old one reached out and asked if I wanted to go back. I only left there due to the fact that they took a while to make me an offer (temping to perm) when I'd accepted a new one. They're fine with no reference from my current place and want me to come in next Tuesday. It's also a job I liked doing and the hourly pay is really good so it was a huge relief after a few weeks of feeling really awful.

Also went in today to drop off my equipment, my notice and just walked out. Freeeeedooooooooom

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.