When They See Us

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes Korey, from what I’ve read, seems the most active of all despite (or perhaps because of ) being the victim of the most injustice. He’s got the charity for those in similar situations , which I’m sure is mentioned on the Oprah piece , I’ve not yet watched that. Also I read an article that said one of the actors who played him met him before they started filming and was quite nervous about taking on the role and responsibility. He said Korey put him at ease right away, was really warm and smiling and that he put his chain around his neck and said “now you’re Korey Wise.” I thought that was a really nice snapshot.
Yes Jharrel Jerome who plays Korey seems to have a great bond with him!

Reactions: 2
He put on quite a performance that actor. He'll go on to big things I'm sure

Reactions: 4
He put on quite a performance that actor. He'll go on to big things I'm sure
Yes I hope so but just playing korey wise people won’t forget his performance.
My God everytime I see the photo of the movie on Netflix I feel emotional.

Watched this at the weekend over two nights. The Korey episode was hard going. It breaks my heart that he had the hardest time of them all, and hadn't even been in Central Park the night it happened. Hell, he'd only went to the police station in support of his friend. Words just aren't enough, how they had the strength to come through I'll never know. I wouldn't be surprised if some, if not all, have mental health issues. Especially Korey, having spent so long in solitary. Just heart wrenching
I haven’t seen it stated anywhere that Korey was not at the park that night, in fact when he was in solitary and dreaming/hallucinating about an alternative ending I thought that alluded to him being at the park as in his ‘dream’ he stayed with his girlfriend. He wasn’t a named suspect and only accompanied his friend to the station but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t at the park. It’s a travesty all around, I cried watching Koreys episode as although he was the eldest he was so vulnerable due to his disabilities and wasn’t as streetwise as the other 4 boys.

I haven’t seen it stated anywhere that Korey was not at the park that night, in fact when he was in solitary and dreaming/hallucinating about an alternative ending I thought that alluded to him being at the park as in his ‘dream’ he stayed with his girlfriend. He wasn’t a named suspect and only accompanied his friend to the station but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t at the park. It’s a travesty all around, I cried watching Koreys episode as although he was the eldest he was so vulnerable due to his disabilities and wasn’t as streetwise as the other 4 boys.
He said himself, to Ana Duvernay, that “There is no Central Park Five. It was four plus one. And no one has told that story”.
But I remember him being in the park that night.
My guess is that he meant that he didn’t get caught by the police who were after them, despite he didn’t do anything wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
He said himself, to Ana Duvernay, that “There is no Central Park Five. It was four plus one. And no one has told that story”.
But I remember him being in the park that night.
My guess is that he meant that he didn’t get caught by the police who were after them, despite he didn’t do anything wrong.
I remember him saying that but I interpreted it to mean four plus one as in he was tried and sentenced completely separately to the other four as he was tried as an adult and not as a minor and sent to adult prisons rather than youth offenders institutions.

I remember him saying that but I interpreted it to mean four plus one as in he was tried and sentenced completely separately to the other four as he was tried as an adult and not as a minor and sent to adult prisons rather than youth offenders institutions.
Ohh that actually makes sense.
You’re right because that is what his story is more painful and different from the others because he went to a rough adult prison as he was “just” 16, not them.

Ohh that actually makes sense.
You’re right because that is what his story is more painful and different from the others because he went to a rough adult prison as he was “just” 16, not them.
It’s completely heartbreaking the difference in how Korey was treated, thank goodness the real perpetrator finally confessed

Reactions: 1
I watched this over the last two weekends.
What a masterpiece. I hope it wins lots of awards.
The acting was phenomenal as was the way they told the story.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
D8785835-0236-4D70-AAEA-49193AFCD1F3.jpeg

I’m so so so happy for him.
And he became the first Afro-Latino to win an Emmy for acting.

A little bit disappointed that Ana didn’t win though.

Reactions: 3
Just finished watching this. Honestly never cried so much. The episode showing Koreys story was just heartbreaking. Going to see if I can find the Oprah interview with them to watch later. Even my husband said it was one of the most heart wrenching programmes he'd ever watched

Just finished watching this. Honestly never cried so much. The episode showing Koreys story was just heartbreaking. Going to see if I can find the Oprah interview with them to watch later. Even my husband said it was one of the most heart wrenching programmes he'd ever watched
The Oprah interview was on Netflix

It’s certainly a powerful and moving documentary. I watched Oprah on YouTube and you can also find footage of their “confessions” and disappear down a rabbit hole! Can’t believe Trumps actions

That final episode was the most emotional and heart wrenching thing I’ve seen in so long, Jharrell Jerome deserves every award he was spectacular!

Absolutely gut wrenching watch. They were just wee boys,made me feel physically sick as the mum of a teenage son