When the queen dies

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else sometimes ponder on what it will actually be like for the first few days? There's some crazy stuff online. Things like the banks/ shops/ schools shutting for days/weeks. Does this mean we can expect no money and food and our kids at home? Also I saw an article that said all comedy will be banned?! 😱 How will this be enforced? Should I be downloading a secret stash off Netflix now for secret viewing?
Some of what's written is interesting, the first we will know is announcement at 8am. Special music will be played on all networks. Broadcasters keep a black tie handy to whip on should it happen in their slot.
Anyhoo, please tell me it's not just me that wakes up and gives a sigh of relief in the morning when it's just normal telly on! If she dies on a Tuesday I'd be in a panic cos my weekly shop is on a Wednesday and we'd not survive the rest of the week!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I’d be expecting a day off for the funeral and there’d be wall to wall coverage but I’d hope the country will carry on as usual otherwise .

Can’t say I think about it that often.

Reactions: 17
Some of what's written is interesting, the first we will know is announcement at 8am. Special music will be played on all networks. Broadcasters keep a black tie handy to whip on should it happen in their slot.
Surely that was all written in times gone by, before the internet and rolling news?

It'll make next to no difference in my life, like the royal weddings it might be a good time to go out shopping if lots are watching it on the telly box.

I do hope it starts a discussion on massively scaling back the royal family and the huge inequality in this country with several families. With how much they own and keep passing down with inheritance.

Reactions: 16
Yeah hopefully the stuff I've read is just massively outdated! It would be ridiculous if everything was true. Still smarting from no comedy here!
I'm no royalist, I literally just randomly thought about what really would happen several months ago and every now and then revisit it. Today being one of those days. There's the whole thing about all the new money having to be minted and anything with the queen on it won't be legal. Don't believe that one at all. We can still hand over old coins to the bank now after months of it being phased out so I'm guessing that's how it would work with all the new king Charles notes/coins!

Reactions: 4
The queen mother was 101 when she died, the queen could last another 10 years.

Reactions: 5
Yep hopefully she's got years left! And I'll just randomly give it thought every now and again...hoping that I will be able to still enjoy a good comedy!

Its something ive thought about after hearing that the bbc practice announcing her death. It will be strange as most people only know of having her as queen. I think the money will be slowly phased out but it will be weird having someone different on money, stamps, passports etc.

Reactions: 14
Don’t come at me 😐
but I need Kay Burley to be at those gates asking the gathering crowd what they were eating when they found out she was dead and have they ever found a dead person...
Or something completely inappropriate!
If we could get Peter Andre to be there and to cry again it would be tv gold

The real question, how long until they say Meghan Markle did it. 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
🤭It's probably already been added into the "queen is dead" news rehearsal. Surely Kay Burley's interview would come under comedy :unsure: so not allowed 😁

Don’t come at me 😐
but I need Kay Burley to be at those gates asking the gathering crowd what they were eating when they found out she was dead and have they ever found a dead person...
Or something completely inappropriate!
If we could get Peter Andre to be there and to cry again it would be tv gold

The real question, how long until they say Meghan Markle did it. 😬
Oh we’ve got to have the whole shebang, including Kay ‘Biffer’ Burley, I bet she’ll spot lots of dogs with sadness in their eyes on that day 😉.

Liz is in great nick , I can’t see her slipping off this mortal coil for a few years yet.

Reactions: 3
The comedy ban is only related to the BBC, they won’t broadcast any comedy shows for whatever period of time it was. Shops and things won’t be closed for weeks, places may be closed on the day of the announcement, or close early, depending on the time of the announcement. Expect pretty much everywhere to be closed on the day of the funeral, bank holiday type thing. It’s a well known fact that BBC newsreaders at least have to keep a black suit/outfit at the studios so they can quickly change last minute if they need to be wearing black for the announcement, or after the announcement.

As I understand it, family informed first, then PM/Govrnment, Head’s of State for Commonwealth nations, the Press Association will release the news of the death around the world, with BBC One/Two/Four all ending programming to broadcast a simulcast announcement. Other channels will follow ITV/Four/Five etc. Radio stations (bbc at least) have a special light in the studios that will flash or something, basically means they are not to play any happy jolly music, and get ready to go to a special BBC Live from London broadcast to announce the news. The BBC And government have been planning for years what will happen in the event of The Queen’s death.

Reactions: 7
Ohhh! Just BBC comedy then? Phew! I make it sound like all I do is watch comedy ha! I don't, it just struck me as a bit of a weird one!

• Haha
I know the code is 'london bridge is down' when she dies. I think that's for all the people who need to know.
Someone in the royal marines told me this so not sure if it's meant to be common knowledge 🙈

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I know the code is 'london bridge is down' when she dies. I think that's for all the people who need to know.
Someone in the royal marines told me this so not sure if it's meant to be common knowledge 🙈
That got released in loads of newspaper articles ages ago. Not a secret anymore.

Reactions: 3
Imagine having to sing “god save our gracious king”

The national anthem should just be rewritten

Reactions: 2