What’s your glow up secret?!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Calling all olaplex users!!

I posted on here a while ago, but I lost the screen shot. I have long bleached occasionally damaged hair which ones do I need to order again? Thank you x

Reactions: 2
any suggestions for a GENTLE teeth whitening product? i’d like to lighten them a bit, i don’t want ross gellar teeth that glow in the dark and i don’t want to damage them with anything harsh. it knocks my confidence a little bit but nobody else notices but me lollllll
Try oral b 3D white luxe protection it comes in a kit with that toothpaste and then a whitening accelerator which you use after you’ve brushed your teeth. That’s saved two heavily stained teeth that I had from drinking coffees it’s not a quick fix it’s taken a few months but it’s cheap and no impact on my sensitive teeth the staining is basically almost gone now and teeth look a shade whiter x

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I posted on here a while ago, but I lost the screen shot. I have long bleached occasionally damaged hair which ones do I need to order again? Thank you x
Second Olaplex 3! That’s what people are talking about when they say “use Olaplex”

I also like the shampoo and the bond building smoothing cream. The oil is OK - not worth the money IMO. I’ve tried better budget ones and high-end ones.

Reactions: 3
Hi everyone!

I have a question about clothes so please help me out if you can :)

So im 34 (but ive been told i look younger) and a mum of 2 crotch goblins. Until recently ive always been a petite (5ft 2) size 6-8. But now im a 10 which isnt the end of the world, and i love my bigger breasts and bigger bum. But since forever i have always dressed in topshop/ river island. My staple to go outfit has always been skinny jeans, a nice top, leather jacket, and either vans or addidas trainers. But i feel like i need to 'grow up' as i seem to see young teenagers wearing the same/similar clothes to me! Plus, and i know im not 'big' but this is the first time ive been a size 10 (excluding pregnancy) and i just want to shake up my wardrobe, embrace my new shape, and stop dressing like a teenager.

If anyone can give me advise then i will be very grateful. :)

Hi everyone!

I have a question about clothes so please help me out if you can :)

So im 34 (but ive been told i look younger) and a mum of 2 crotch goblins. Until recently ive always been a petite (5ft 2) size 6-8. But now im a 10 which isnt the end of the world, and i love my bigger breasts and bigger bum. But since forever i have always dressed in topshop/ river island. My staple to go outfit has always been skinny jeans, a nice top, leather jacket, and either vans or addidas trainers. But i feel like i need to 'grow up' as i seem to see young teenagers wearing the same/similar clothes to me! Plus, and i know im not 'big' but this is the first time ive been a size 10 (excluding pregnancy) and i just want to shake up my wardrobe, embrace my new shape, and stop dressing like a teenager.

If anyone can give me advise then i will be very grateful. :)
I think it’s completely normal for our bodies to change as we age and it’s great you’ve embraced it. I’m in a similar pickle but I’ve lost weight...I’m still not slim but it means none of my clothes fit. Which is fine as it’s lockdown and I’m working from home.

I’ve been taking screen shots of outfits I like on Instagram etc. I think converse are timeless and great with dresses and jeans. I tend to stick to black...for me it’s classic and makes me feel put together but obviously that’s a personal choice. I know she’s not everyone’s cup of tea but Lucy Jessica Carter did a H&M spring/summer hall and there were a couple of nice outfits in there. I love a t shirt dress as can wear with trainers or sandals. It’s in her reels.

I also saw these the other day and thought they’d be nice for summer but give a little bit of height as I always feel short ha.
0ECF5B53-0FF1-4F9E-8727-AF301643A7D4.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 4

L’Oreal do a cheaper version of Olaplex number 3 by the way called Smartbond Professionnel. Olaplex has sued them for it as it’s the same formula but the bottle is twice the size and half the price!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I try to take one evening every week where i have a long soak in the bath with a scrub, razor and oil, i will wash my hair and style it that evening too. This keeps me feeling put together. I have 2 small kids so on this night I'll put them in bed with a film on thier tablets or some kids YouTube around 6pm il bathe until 7ish then il do my skincare once out and do my hair. Then once im in my comfies il do my nails with some tv faves on, i bought a gel nail kit online and it lasts a week without chipping (i never stop doing hands on jobs or it'll last longer)

Tip: body shop drops of youth liquid peel all over heels of dry feet, soon as u rub it on all the hard skin crumbles off its AMAZING! i do this weekly and my feet feel permanently pedicured. This stuff is great anywhere, elbows, knees and especially the face. The top layer of dead skin crumbles off right b4 ur eyes.

The PurePlex range from Superdrug is also a great dupe and much better value.
I have over processed bleached hair and the no3 olaplex did nothing for me besides a bit of shine. Wouldnt spend on it again so thanks for this tip, il check it out.

Il defo try epsom salt scalp scrub too.

Great tips on here

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I bought La Roche Posay Lipikar baume a while back for dry body skin. You can also use it on your face which I do once a week. I live in a very dry climate and my skin is glowing now. It is quite rich so a little goes a long way.

L’Oreal do a cheaper version of Olaplex number 3 by the way called Smartbond Professionnel. Olaplex has sued them for it as it’s the same formula but the bottle is twice the size and half the price!
Thanks I’ll look for that as I am soooo poor atm 😭

Reactions: 1
Report back! I’d like to try it to but can never be bothered doing fake tan haha so if it’s less hassle and a good result, I’d be all for it!
Try the utan tanning water. It's not cheap but it's good at clearing my acne and has a natural looking tan like you've just got back off holiday.

Agreed!
Have the same thing with friends - live in Essex so everyone looks like the dogs bollox and I look like a testicle.
I’m just glad I’ve got a good personality. 😂
I do try and nip off for a spa day once in a while. I like that I don’t have to cook my own dinner and no one calls me “mummy “ - coz that tit gets one old!
Were abouts in Essex? Everyone I see there wear's pyjamas outside and sliders with old socks.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Any glow up recommendations for looking tired? I look tired all the time, no wrinkles as such. I drink 2 litres of water, get plenty of rest and eat healthy, yet I still look like I need a good night's sleep!

Any glow up recommendations for looking tired? I look tired all the time, no wrinkles as such. I drink 2 litres of water, get plenty of rest and eat healthy, yet I still look like I need a good night's sleep!
I am the exact same 🙈

Murine bright and moist eye drops are really good. Liz Earle eyebright soothing eye lotion, so nice in the mornings. A good eye cream and a jade roller 👌🏻

I definitely use eye drops some mornings when I look especially grim! I second @Base2019 reccomendation for the Murine. I think you're not meant to use them every day though.

Have you tried any facial massage @Randy77? I have found it helps with general 'glow' and to de-puff my face when I am tired. You can buy a cheap gua sha stone for it but there are lots of youtube videos to follow where you just use your hands. One I have tried before:

I definitely use eye drops some mornings when I look especially grim! I second @Base2019 reccomendation for the Murine. I think you're not meant to use them every day though.

Have you tried any facial massage @Randy77? I have found it helps with general 'glow' and to de-puff my face when I am tired. You can buy a cheap gua sha stone for it but there are lots of youtube videos to follow where you just use your hands. One I have tried before:
Ooh Thank you, I'll look at the facial massage. I can do this whilst on work calls!