What's your favourite compliment that you received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What's your favourite compliment that you received?

Do you compliment people and how do you feel about other people saying nice things to you?

Waaay before Instagram learnt how to clean a guy whom I was dating at the time told me that my apartment was and smelled really clean :) for some reason it still makes me smile.
In all fairness to the guy, he said other nice things to me lol

For some reason, I love hearing that I smell nice. Not sure why 😂

Reactions: 1
I’m terrible at taking compliments, apart from from my husband.

The one that has always meant the most to me was him saying I make him a better person and a better father. I’m not going to lie, I cried.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I hate compliments but I do like to dish them out especially if I feel like it’s someone who could do with a little confidence boost(I give genuine comments,not just for the sake of it).

I can’t remember any particular compliments I have received but I always like when I get a compliment about something I am maybe self conscious about.

people who don’t know me very well always say how laid back I am which I take as a compliment as it must mean I am a great actress as I’m actually an uptight nervous wreck most of the time ha!

Reactions: 8
I’m terrible at taking compliments, apart from from my husband.

The one that has always meant the most to me was him saying I make him a better person and a better father. I’m not going to lie, I cried.
I hate compliments but I do like to dish them out especially if I feel like it’s someone who could do with a little confidence boost(I give genuine comments,not just for the sake of it).

I can’t remember any particular compliments I have received but I always like when I get a compliment about something I am maybe self conscious about.

people who don’t know me very well always say how laid back I am which I take as a compliment as it must mean I am a great actress as I’m actually an uptight nervous wreck most of the time ha!

I have learnt to accept compliments, I just say thank you. Or sometimes, if appropriate, I'll say "thanks, I know".

I like complimenting, but I'm always honest.

I have one brother. He's a horrible man, a selfish user and a complete bully. I'm not in contact with him any more.

Recently I crossed paths with someone at work who made the connection and blurted out "Oh my God, HE'S your brother? You're NOTHING like him!", and then started apologising in case they'd said the wrong thing.

I told them it was the best compliment I've ever had.

Reactions: 14
One that always sticks out is my husband telling me our children are lucky to have me as their mummy. My childhood wasn't brilliant, stressful household, violence, control, coercion etc... I always vowed to never be like my parents. I want my children to grow up feeling loved, happy and secure and to look back on their childhood fondly. So when my husband said that I cried, I must be doing something right .

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I often get told I have nice hair.

I was once told that I looked like a female version of a quite attractive footballer. That was a bit weird but the woman who said it meant well.

Reactions: 2
I once got told that I crossed the road very well.... (it was a busy junction and apparently I approached it well to get across in one go....) hahaha.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I’ve been told a few times that I’m the most thoughtful person somebody knows and I find that really touching. I’ve been given compliments on my looks by strangers but it doesn’t hold anywhere near as much meaning.

I’ve got a friend who will over compliment- every time she sees you she will say you’ve lost weight or your hair looks lovely when you know for a fact you’ve gained 10lbs and need your roots doing. She says you’ve lost weight every time she sees you and now when you actually have,her compliments don’t mean as much because I think she just always feels like she has to say something nice!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Anyone who tells me what hard working lovely polite kids I’ve got
at times bringing them up was nothing short of hell in a hand cart
they can still be little shits but they are mine

also anytime my fella tells me I look nice-he never notices what I wear so it’s huge when he does

Reactions: 4
The long time best friend of my beloved but sadly deceased mum, saying to me that i treat her so well visiting her etc that I'm like another daughter to her and my mum would be proud. 💕😥

• Heart
I once got told by a child, that I can colour in really well and that I don't go over the lines! I'm pretty chuffed with that! 😉🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
One that always sticks out is my husband telling me our children are lucky to have me as their mummy. My childhood wasn't brilliant, stressful household, violence, control, coercion etc... I always vowed to never be like my parents. I want my children to grow up feeling loved, happy and secure and to look back on their childhood fondly. So when my husband said that I cried, I must be doing something right .
That's fantastic. I'm sure you are a great mum ❤

I’m not good at taking compliments but a lady I once cared for told me I had a very wise head on me. I felt very flattered by that 😊

Reactions: 5
Every time I’ve been told I’m a good Mum, it makes me happy.

I don’t feel like a good mum, I have a lot of ‘what ifs’ and feel like I’ve failed my kids a lot in a range of ways. But hearing a compliment like that, from either someone I know or a stranger, it means a lot because it means I must be doing something right, at least.

An older gentleman in Aldi a few days ago was chatting to my daughter (who was driving me mad and I think he noticed, so distracted her a little), and he commented to me how polite she was for such a little girl and she must be being raised right. That meant a lot. Any compliment like that makes my day.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Any time someone says I’m doing a good job raising my son and that he’s so friendly and well mannered. Those mean the most to me after my own mum done some vile things to me. I said I’d never be like her and I’d love and protect any children I had.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I was at a friend’s wedding a few years ago and there had been heavy snow so it was touch and go that the registrar was going to make it. Thankfully she made it but after the wedding the Bride told me that she has instructed her Mum that should the registrar not make it, her Mum was to find me and ask me to improvise a ceremony. She knew it wouldn’t be legal or anything but trusted that I’d pull something off. She ended it by saying what I think is actually the loveliest thing anyone has ever said to me which was that I will always be her snow plan. I was genuinely touched and it still makes me smile from ear to ear thinking about it.

• Heart
ex
I was at a friend’s wedding a few years ago and there had been heavy snow so it was touch and go that the registrar was going to make it. Thankfully she made it but after the wedding the Bride told me that she has instructed her Mum that should the registrar not make it, her Mum was to find me and ask me to improvise a ceremony. She knew it wouldn’t be legal or anything but trusted that I’d pull something off. She ended it by saying what I think is actually the loveliest thing anyone has ever said to me which was that I will always be her snow plan. I was genuinely touched and it still makes me smile from ear to ear thinking about it.
Snow plan - I love that. That is so lovely.

Reactions: 2