What's the most creepiest or scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It could be paranormal (which I appreciate there's already a thread on that) or a real encounter with someone, or someone you know went missing, anything that's happened to you. I love stories like these.

Reactions: 13
I think I saw a UFO:

It was when I was young, not sure how old. But I was still home with my parents and going to school. Anyway, we had a neighbour who had a lot of complicated health issues. It was not unusual to see an ambulance outside her house. Occasionally for an unknown reason, this person would get picked up by a helicopter. You can tell when the helicopter was coming as it made a loud noise, they would also close the road so it could land.

Anyway one evening, we heard the ambulance sirens and police coming to close off our road, I could see all the lights from my bedroom window. The helicopter came, and it made a loud noise like it always does.

But then this is where things got strange. The helicopter came and picked up this person. My dad and I would look at the window to see what going on. We could see the helicopter landing, picking up the person and then flies off.

But for 2-4 hours after this happen and the helicopter been and gone, we could see this big black object with yellow/golden lights hovering in the air. It wasn’t making a sound – entirely and utterly silent.

This black object just stood there in the night sky, not doing a lot. My dad and I were both puzzled as it didn’t seem like the helicopter we would usually see.

The black object suddenly disappeared behind the trees, and I never saw it again.

Now, I don't think it was a police/ambulance helicopter as they would usually make a loud announcement. Oh, by the way, we also lived near a prison and it not unusual to see police helicopter at night time. So we could usually tell when a police/ambulance helicopter was flying.

Once the helicopter been and gone, the whole street would go silent and go back to normal.

It was just black object – blacker than the night sky just hovering and not making a single noise. I remember the golden/yellow lights as my young brain thought they look like fireworks.

So what do you think? Was it a UFO? Or a perfectly reasonable logical explanation.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I live in the countryside and when I was 16 or so I worked sometimes in a pub down the road from where we lived at the time. My mum said she would walk down and meet me when I finished because she didn’t want me to walk home alone. I texted her that I was finished but then set off up the road on my own, I thought it would be fine because it was just a straight road, very quiet and not far from my house. Then I realise there is a car behind me and it started creeping along slowly beside me and it was a guy offering me a lift home, he said he lived in the house at the top of the road. But I know everyone who lives on the road, he wasn’t one of them, and there isn’t even a house at the top of the road! Thankfully my mum appeared on the horizon and he drove off pretty quickly then.

I wouldn’t have ever got in his car, but he only sped off once my mum appeared. The whole thing makes my blood run cold thinking about it, really frightening. I actually vomited when I got home I was so freaked out by it.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 98
Last Christmas I was walking along my local high street and a middle aged man (50s...I look about 20) stopped me and insisted I accepted a Christmas card and a bag of gifts. He claimed it was a random act of kindness and this was his 3rd act, the others being a donation to a food bank and a homeless kitchen/shelter. I very reluctantly agreed to take them as a way of getting away from him as he made a big deal of ‘choosing’ me. I got home and there was £100 in the card and three Soap and Glory gift sets. Random I thought... wouldn’t a random act of kindness gift be more vague? These were clearly aimed at a young woman...

He ended up stalking me every single day for three months. The police were involved and he was caught on cctv. It’s thought that he had been watching and following me for a while before he gave me the gifts.

I point blank refuse to stop and talk to anyone I don’t know now.

I live in the countryside and when I was 16 or so I worked sometimes in a pub down the road from where we lived at the time. My mum said she would walk down and meet me when I finished because she didn’t want me to walk home alone. I texted her that I was finished but then set off up the road on my own, I thought it would be fine because it was just a straight road, very quiet and not far from my house. Then I realise there is a car behind me and it started creeping along slowly beside me and it was a guy offering me a lift home, he said he lived in the house at the top of the road. But I know everyone who lives on the road, he wasn’t one of them, and there isn’t even a house at the top of the road! Thankfully my mum appeared on the horizon and he drove off pretty quickly then.

I wouldn’t have ever got in his car, but he only sped off once my mum appeared. The whole thing makes my blood run cold thinking about it, really frightening. I actually vomited when I got home I was so freaked out by it.
When I was 16-18 I worked in a bar/restaurant and the bus stop was down a dark and quiet road. We always finished at 10/11pm and men in cars would often stop and offer lifts but by some miracle a bus would always turn up at the right moment and they would drive off. At the time I didn’t think anything of it but 10 years later there’s no way I would feel comfortable waiting around in the dark on my own.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 98
I was 16 and definitely looked 16 if not younger,I was browsing in wilko when a man 40+ approached me, put his hand behind my ear and pulled out £10 said I was magic and that we should go on a magical date (I obviously said no I'm 16,he didnt care)I worked in the town centre in a Claire's accessories, he showed up at my work and asked for me when I wasn't there. Then once I was at work and he was knocking at the windows waving. Didnt see him until about a year later with my now husband and my husband had to tell him to leave me alone in the middle of poundstretcher.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
I have a couple but one of them is really long I’ll write when I’m less knackered..

But one of my first childhood memories, I have no idea how old I was maybe 5? I went swimming with my and mum. I was in my own changing room getting dressed and when I was naked I looked down and saw a man with a mirror looking up at me from under the wall of the changing room and I just froze. I never said anything and I didn’t tell anyone probably because I just didn’t get what was going on.

I completely forgot it even happened until about 3 years ago and it really freaked me out when I remembered.

I now have a young daughter and take her to the local pool all the time. Recently on that ‘Nextdoor’ app someone posted on there that this had happened again, not the same pool but nearby about 25 years later. I feel so guilty because I can’t face taking my daughter there anymore. (The guy was never caught from my local pool.)

Mind you if that happened now to me and my daughter I’d probably go to prison cause I’d punch the head off him (to put it politely)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
I used to work at a coffee chain and we had regular customers, most were businessmen and friendly.

There was one chap who was older and friendly enough but I always got an "off-vibe" from him.

One day he was talking to my manager and said how I was "making eyes" at him and he knew me for years...I absolutely was not and did not know him prior to working there. He then added me on FB and commented on my profile photo about how if he was younger, he would date me. I blocked him. He then came in the next day and ranting to a colleague of mine about how I blocked him and it was the most insulting thing to ever happen to him in his life. At this point, alarm bells were going off for me. Customers also came up to and told me that he had told them his sister was high up in the police and he was going to get me fired, etc. He also made other very inappropriate comments. I spoke to the manager and told her I would no longer be serving him and that he made me feel unsafe. She refused to do anything. I didn't want to "ban" a loyal customer.

I spoke with a customer who was a lawyer and his wife an MH nurse. He spoke to his wife about it and she said it sounded like he was schizophrenic and off his meds. They told me to file a report with the police in case it escalated.

The whole situation was so awful. He lived on the street near where I did, so I hated walking home in case he followed me.

A few months passed and he stopped coming, then started coming again. Well, I heard him talking about how a family member had died, and that he is schizophrenic and had been off his meds, etc. I feel bad someone has an MH issue but he made me feel so scared...and it showed me how important medication, etc, is for those kinds of diseases because he TRULY believed that he knew me.

Different story.
Walking from work once to the train station, this car pulls up and it is a man in his 30s. He asks if I want a lift, and I say no. He asks for my number and I say no. The next day, when I am leaving work, the same thing happened with him. He insisted on giving me a lift...it was so creepy. I told him to stop acting like a stalker and never saw him again.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
I have a couple but one of them is really long I’ll write when I’m less knackered..

But one of my first childhood memories, I have no idea how old I was maybe 5? I went swimming with my and mum. I was in my own changing room getting dressed and when I was naked I looked down and saw a man with a mirror looking up at me from under the wall of the changing room and I just froze. I never said anything and I didn’t tell anyone probably because I just didn’t get what was going on.

I completely forgot it even happened until about 3 years ago and it really freaked me out when I remembered.

I now have a young daughter and take her to the local pool all the time. Recently on that ‘Nextdoor’ app someone posted on there that this had happened again, not the same pool but nearby about 25 years later. I feel so guilty because I can’t face taking my daughter there anymore. (The guy was never caught from my local pool.)

Mind you if that happened now to me and my daughter I’d probably go to prison cause I’d punch the head off him (to put it politely)
My sibling and mum that meant to read.

Reactions: 2

You must of been terrified.... something happened to me when I was 7.... I now have a 7 year old and I’m so protective of her about strangers

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I lived in a flat next door to a nightclub. It was a buzzer system to get in the front door but was turned off at night to stop people pressing every button when they left the club. I lived with my boyfriend and 2 siblings but his youngest sister was always staying over so the door to our flat was left on the latch for her. One night we were all meant to go out but I was poorly so I stayed in. I woke up at 1am with the light on in my room and a bloke sat on the floor next to me. I had a fever so wasn’t sure if I was delirious but when he saw I was awake, he kept asking where my brother in law was. I asked how he got in and he said the girl let him in. I assumed it was the youngest sister and was a bit pissed off. Anyway, I realised I needed to not be alone with this guy so made him go to get a drink whilst I pretended to go to the loo and ran to ask her why she had let him in. She said “what guy” and we both freaked out. We tried to leave the flat but he started going mental at us so we locked ourselves in the bathroom and called My boyfriend and his brother who were in the club and legged it up to us. He ran off before anyone turned up. Turns out my BIL was dodgy as duck and this guy had been sent to take him to a party, where there were a load of people waiting to beat him up.
It still freaks me out and it was 15 years ago! I just think about all the what ifs.
needless to say, we double locked the front door from then on and my boyfriend and I moved out shortly after as I hated living there!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Walking home from an evening shift, I do this a lot, about 10.30pm. It’s a 20 minute walk along a busy road, down a residential road that isn’t too quiet but obviously not a hive of activity at that kind of night, through an underpass under an A road, then out into a very quiet lane. So, I’ve walked out of work, we all walk along until I get to the residential street and turn off, leaving them. About 30 feet ahead there’s a car, parked with the engine running on the side of the road. I assume it’s a takeaway driver and continue walking. As soon as I get almost to it it crawled off about 10 feet and stopped again. It did this once more and I started feeling a little uneasy but told myself he was just looking at house numbers. About halfway along this street is a medical centre, then nothing all the way to the underpass. So once we got past the houses I really started panicking. There is a track alongside the MC that leads to the woods, I was so torn as I didn’t know whether to turn around and run back, but by doing so if he had any ‘intent’ he would know he’d been rumbled and do something or continue walking. I decided to continue walking, all the while this car is literally crawling a few feet at a time ahead of me, frantically trying to call my husband who was at home with the kids. While I was on the phone trying to explain what was happening the car drove off. I said “oh, it’s gone. I’m being stupid, ignore me, get the kettle on I’ll see you in a minute” or words to that effect (feeling a bit stupid) and hung up. So a few minutes later I went through the underpass and came out the other side and sat with the engine running and headlights on full beam pointing at the tunnel was this car. I flipped my tit and rang my husband back who came running and the car shot off. I have never been so frightened in my entire life.

I did report it to the police when I got home but I wish I’d phoned 999 as it happened. I honestly thought I was being silly and there was a logical explanation when it initially happened but the fact it was sat there when I came out the underpass means he had to go over the A17, up it, turn off onto my road and then drive up it and turn around to be facing the underpass and not a dead end/farm tracks.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Walking home a few years back , and a car drives past with two guys staring . Thought it was a bit strange , but thought perhaps they were looking for a specific door etc. They then drive past again , and slow right down going past me . So I ended up ringing my dad as I was only round the corner and felt uncomfortable . Just as I got to the corner of our street , they stopped the car and a guy gets out with a baseball bat. Thankfully my dad had come out the house to meet me , I shouted him and this guy jumped back in his car . And they left , but it scared me .

and a few weeks back , walking home from work in the phone to my husband and noticed some young guys with hoods up and scarfs over their mouth. Walking my usual back way home, so I decided to walk the front way home on the busy road As it was going dark . They made eye contact but I went my way. As I got to a street just off the main road they were stood there, and as I walked past they pointed and started shouting at me . I hope they were just trying to show off, but it didn’t scare me . And I sped walked the rest of the way home looking over my shoulder the whole time .

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Many moons ago when I was 20 (a very naive 20 too) I was working in a large hospital for 2 dermatologists. Pharmaceutical reps would request appointments with the doctors to plug their wares and they would see one rep once a week after the Friday clinic, all appointments made through me. This one rep who must have been in his 50s said he was so grateful to me for booking him an appointment that he wanted to take me out for dinner - I stupidly agreed, I really was so naive. We went to a local restaurant and afterwards he said we should go for a drive in his car. Again, can't believe I did this, I agreed. He drove me several miles out of town, parked down a lane and started asking me whether I was a virgin, which I didn't want to answer, he asked several times. I was really worried by this stage and scared he was going to assault me. Fortunately that didn't happen and he dropped me home - I've always wondered if he did because I lived with my parents and he knew they'd seen him and his car and could identify him if he did anything to me. The story doesn't end there though. About 4 years later I had changed jobs and he phoned me at my new job, having first phoned my parents to get the number - my mum was a people pleaser and he'd persuaded her to give him the number. I told him to go away. That night he called me again at home (still lived with my parents at that time) and started asking all sorts of personal stuff. I told him very firmly to go away and never contact me again. For weeks afterwards I felt a knot in my stomach worrying he'd be waiting outside my house when I got home from work. Fortunately I never heard from him again. I realise I had a very lucky escape, he was a real creep and I could have ended up raped or even worse.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
When I was living near London, after a night out with my now husband (lived together at the time) and friends I went home early and left them to it. Got in a cab, while they all walked home via 24h market (20mins walk).

Got home and noticed the door was open, but thought my flat mate must have just got in. So stupid now but I was young! Anyway, go to my bedroom and start getting undressed, to see a figure walking towards me. A little confused thinking it’s our flat mate - but quickly realise it isn’t! Anyway, I am so fortunate that he just wanted to get out and didn’t want to cause me harm, I had just interrupted him robbing us. Took a laptop and nothing else of any value really.

Still think about it when coming home and I am fully grown with kids.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Last Christmas I was walking along my local high street and a middle aged man (50s...I look about 20) stopped me and insisted I accepted a Christmas card and a bag of gifts. He claimed it was a random act of kindness and this was his 3rd act, the others being a donation to a food bank and a homeless kitchen/shelter. I very reluctantly agreed to take them as a way of getting away from him as he made a big deal of ‘choosing’ me. I got home and there was £100 in the card and three Soap and Glory gift sets. Random I thought... wouldn’t a random act of kindness gift be more vague? These were clearly aimed at a young woman...

He ended up stalking me every single day for three months. The police were involved and he was caught on cctv. It’s thought that he had been watching and following me for a while before he gave me the gifts.

I point blank refuse to stop and talk to anyone I don’t know now.

When I was 16-18 I worked in a bar/restaurant and the bus stop was down a dark and quiet road. We always finished at 10/11pm and men in cars would often stop and offer lifts but by some miracle a bus would always turn up at the right moment and they would drive off. At the time I didn’t think anything of it but 10 years later there’s no way I would feel comfortable waiting around in the dark on my own.
Omg, scary to think how long he was watching you before the 'act of kindness' 😱

Reactions: 14
When I was about 13 I was a bit of a little tit and hung about with a girl who was from a rough home. Her mum used to give us fags (a total novelty to me!) and her uncle was a drug dealer (we didn’t do drugs btw!).

I dont know how it came about but we used to speak with this much older man on her house phone. He was a body builder and probs in his 40s - he knew her drug dealer uncle somehow! One night it was arranged that he would pick us up from a church which was in a quiet part of our village. He told us we weren’t allowed to tell anyone. Talk about bleeping stupid, but we went to meet him. We drove around local country lanes and he let us smoke in his car. Then he took us to his house... and we met his mum!! What the hell!!
He dropped us off home - gave us some photos of him bodybuilding and we arranged secretly to meet another night.
My friend told her uncle where we had been and he gave us the biggest bollocking and told us to never ever see or speak to him again. End of.
On the night we had next arranged to meet up, we didn’t go to the church. He knew where my friend lived and he stalked her house that evening in his car. We could see him out the window. After he had gone he started ringing the house phone. He left a message on the answerphone - he was angry that we’d stood him up and his mum had bought us gifts. He rang and rang for days - then we never heard anything again!
It was only when I got older that I realised how wrong this was on so many levels. But the weirdest part, for me, was he took us home to his mum! I dread to think what would have happened if we continued meeting.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
When I still lived at home (I still call my parents ‘home’), I had a figure that appeared at the end of my bed which woke me every night between 3-4am. Happened every night for years! For some reason I believed it was a female, with long dark hair, in a nightgown (old fashioned type) and sometimes she would walk back towards the wall and disappear 😳. It never scared me or made me upset, and I settled back to sleep easily.

I had a reading the following year (for other reasons- separated from an ex and was obvs looking for answers/ comfort 🧐) but the lady mentioned this figure and told me it’s a relative from Ireland who died young of cancer and is my guardian..!

I’ve not seen her since I have moved out. What do you guys think? Ghost? Guardian angel? A case of sleep walk/ talk or just bat tit cray cray? 😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I’ve got quite a few but I’m too tired to type them all 😂 one that I just thought of quickly was this.

When I was in year 10 of high school (I think this is about 14?) me and my friend attended a local players (amateur dramatics) group. We had been doing this for a few years and really enjoyed it. When we were in rehearsals friends and family could pop by if they wanted, Mostly parents dropping off refreshments etc. Anyways this random man in his late thirties used to show up sometimes and he used to just stand and stare at my (14ish) year old friend. He started waiting for us after and offering to buy her top ups for her phone. He would always be really sweaty and pumped like he came straight from the gym. But he wouldn’t say much he would just stand and stare and not look at anyone else just her. I can’t believe to this day the adults at the group didn’t say anything or get involved. Scary world :(

Oh and I also had a horrible experience in the changing rooms after swimming when I was about 12/13 👎🏻
me and a friend were getting changed in the same cubicle and we noticed a hole in the cubicle (makes me sick thinking it was probably made 🤮) anyways we saw an eye looking at us through the hole. We are young teenagers so we thought it was hilarious and my friend put her finger through the hole to try and poke this mans eye. He moved away and we are laughing and taking turns looking through the hole and we realise he’s naked and then he suddenly starts...you know what. We are screaming with laughter thinking it’s all so funny and we run out and leave. Makes me feel sick now that we found something so wrong hilarious, Just hope he got caught.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
When I was about 13 I was on the bus with my younger sister coming home from school. I had long hair up in a pony tail and as I was sitting there I felt someone tug at it. I turned around and there was a weird looking guy sat there with a pair of scissors and he’d actually cut a lock of my hair. I was freaked out and moved away from him. I was too scared to say anything to him and just remember thinking how weird it was. Fast forward quite a few years and there was a high profile murder in my home town. A mum of two had been murdered in her home and pretty much decapitated. My bloody ran cold when I read in the news that at his trial they said that prior to the murder he had travelled on buses cutting women’s hair and that he’s left some of that hair at the murder scene!!

Here’s the story... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...urdered-mutilated-mother-Heather-Barnett.html

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 118
When I was about 13 I was on the bus with my younger sister coming home from school. I had long hair up in a pony tail and as I was sitting there I felt someone tug at it. I turned around and there was a weird looking guy sat there with a pair of scissors and he’d actually cut a lock of my hair. I was freaked out and moved away from him. I was too scared to say anything to him and just remember thinking how weird it was. Fast forward quite a few years and there was a high profile murder in my home town. A mum of two had been murdered in her home and pretty much decapitated. My bloody ran cold when I read in the news that at his trial they said that prior to the murder he had travelled on buses cutting women’s hair and that he’s left some of that hair at the murder scene!!

Here’s the story... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...urdered-mutilated-mother-Heather-Barnett.html
omg.

• Wow
Reactions: 8