What's the most creepiest or scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a grim experience on the Paris metro when I was 21. Not going to tell the story as I don't want to trigger people. It was a long time ago and I am over it, but I will never forget his face. Ever.

Reading all these stories makes me so sad (and angry) that girls and women have to live looking over our shoulders at all times. We can never drop our guards. Ever! :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
When I was about 13 I was on the bus with my younger sister coming home from school. I had long hair up in a pony tail and as I was sitting there I felt someone tug at it. I turned around and there was a weird looking guy sat there with a pair of scissors and he’d actually cut a lock of my hair. I was freaked out and moved away from him. I was too scared to say anything to him and just remember thinking how weird it was. Fast forward quite a few years and there was a high profile murder in my home town. A mum of two had been murdered in her home and pretty much decapitated. My bloody ran cold when I read in the news that at his trial they said that prior to the murder he had travelled on buses cutting women’s hair and that he’s left some of that hair at the murder scene!!

Here’s the story... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...urdered-mutilated-mother-Heather-Barnett.html
Oh my lord , I live in Poole and remember when this happened 😐

When I was growning a really rough family moved in to one of the houses opposite , 5 kids , mum was a lazy layabout , dad creepy. Anyway I became friends with one of the kids around my age.
They would always have "dad's friends or uncles" round and one of the kids would be going to stay round so and so's place , looking back it was so bleeping clear what was going on but in those days things were just ignored.
Anyway one day I had gone round there to call for my friend and I remember standing in the kitchen door way and her dad come up behind me all wierd and sort of brushed himself up against me. He said his brother really liked me , and I could come over next time he was there , with that he pulled my bra strap ( I was o my about 10/11 with a training bra on under my school uniform) .
Thank god I had a mum who taught me to always talk about things that bothered me. I went straight home and told her.
I never set foot inside that house again . Not long after the dad dissapeared , he and his "friends" were indeed a peadophile ring , he and his brothers had been abusing his own kids from as young as 2 years old
I feel absolutely sick to the out of my stomach 😓 and shudder to think what could of happened.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
Omg, scary to think how long he was watching you before the 'act of kindness' 😱
I dread to think. It’s strange because at the time I remember thinking he did a double take and stopped as you do when you recognise a friend.

Reactions: 4
This thread reminds me of the podcast Let’s Not Meet, it’s full of tons of real life stories like this!

The creepiest thing that happened to me was also kind of the funniest.

I used to live quite near to central London so we’d often catch the tube to wander about up town. One time when we were about 14 we were in Trafalgar Square while there was some sort of celebration happening, can’t remember what for but it was all typically British stuff. We decided to sit on the highest step of the Lion statues to watch as Morris dancers started to perform. There were tons of people & some were sat below us. As I’m sitting there with my legs hanging over the edge tapping my foot along to the music my friend nudges me with a worried look and says that man is staring at your feet. I looked and I kid you not the man who was probably in his 60s was laying on his stomach with his head in his hands, intensely staring at my feet. I looked at my friend and just absolutely burst out laughing at this weirdo as I thought it would snap him out of it, it didn’t....

So I decided to keep tapping my foot along to the music and I realised that the faster I went the faster his head would go up and down too, and so I kept moving it faster, then slower, then faster, absolutely dieing at this man and he didn’t once look away from my foot. Eventually I got bored and being the feisty teenager I was I told my friend to get ready to leg it, I then proceeded to kick him in the face and we bolted to the tube. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I have another one that isn’t very nice and, like someone else already said, all these stories make me so sad and angry about the tit us women go through!! Anyway, I was about 10 and I was playing with my younger sister and best friend in our road, as we often did, on our bikes. A boy rode by on his bike and then came back to us and started chatting to us. He was older than us, maybe 12,
and we thought it would
be cool to hang out with him. His name was Daniel. Before long though I got a really uneasy feeling around him but he wouldn’t leave us alone. He’d always turn up where we were and call our houses to ask us to meet him. He’d make dirty comments and that would make us so uncomfortable. One day, after we’d been trying to avoid him, I went into my bedroom with my sister and he was sitting on my bed (my naive mum had let him in as she thought he was a friend and she liked him!) We chatted for a bit but, again, felt uneasy. He was so creepy. We were sitting on my bed and my sister fell off the bed for some reason and he claimed that as she’d fallen, she’d “grabbed his dick” My sister was about 7 at the time and I was disgusted at him.
i asked him to leave and never come back. I never saw him again as we moved house and school shortly after that. My best friend however ended up going to the same school as Daniel when she moved up to secondary. Years later she confided in me that when she was 14 she’d been raped. She didn’t go into details at that time but recently we talked about it again and she told me it was Daniel. I felt so terrible as it was me who introduced her to him and I knew he was a creep. One thing I learnt was that you HAVE to always listen to that inner voice. If someone makes you feel uncomfortable then there is reason for that and you should stay well clear.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
When I was about 13 I was on the bus with my younger sister coming home from school. I had long hair up in a pony tail and as I was sitting there I felt someone tug at it. I turned around and there was a weird looking guy sat there with a pair of scissors and he’d actually cut a lock of my hair. I was freaked out and moved away from him. I was too scared to say anything to him and just remember thinking how weird it was. Fast forward quite a few years and there was a high profile murder in my home town. A mum of two had been murdered in her home and pretty much decapitated. My bloody ran cold when I read in the news that at his trial they said that prior to the murder he had travelled on buses cutting women’s hair and that he’s left some of that hair at the murder scene!!

Here’s the story... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...urdered-mutilated-mother-Heather-Barnett.html
That’s so scary....did you tell the police

Reactions: 1
When I was at college I used to hang around in the town park with a group of friends, we used to get pissed/stoned but wasn't a bother to anyone.
one night we were up there and a man kept walking around the park, circling us and muttering to him self, he then came and sat in the park on a swing and kept trying to get one of the lads to go over to him, they all refused. Minutes later he started manically laughing and signing "I've got a knife, let's slash them all" and then arguing with himself!
We were opposite the police station but none of us wanted to go over there as we were all underage and mobile phones weren't about then so we all just legged it 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 12
When I was at college I used to hang around in the town park with a group of friends, we used to get pissed/stoned but wasn't a bother to anyone.
one night we were up there and a man kept walking around the park, circling us and muttering to him self, he then came and sat in the park on a swing and kept trying to get one of the lads to go over to him, they all refused. Minutes later he started manically laughing and signing "I've got a knife, let's slash them all" and then arguing with himself!
We were opposite the police station but none of us wanted to go over there as we were all underage and mobile phones weren't about then so we all just legged it 🤣
Ah yes, I remember the good old days of 'legging it' from parks.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Just remembered another, recently I was walking home from the school run with a friend, our kids were running ahead as we were in a playing field, we could see them the whole time. We saw a teenage boy approach them and noticed that my son grabbed his sister and put himself in front of her and their friend was shaking her head, we drew level with them and I asked if the kids were okay, the teenager laughed and ran off. Asked the kids what had happened and he had asked them to go with him, when they said no he said to my youngest go on, just you I'll buy sweets!! I ran after him and managed to get his name and address from another kid who knew him and took it to the police who said he was known to them but as he is only 12 they are restricted on what they do!

They also had a go at me for not holding their hand, it was a play area!!! I really don't understand to this day how our lack of hand holding in a play area was the crime that day!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 52
Something weird happened to me once when I was about 14

I lived in the country (closest supermarket was 30 miles away) and I was living in a bungalow. The bungalow was old and would often creak or the tree next to my bedroom would scrape along the roof tiles making a funny noise. So, there was a scraping noise against my window but I just thought it was the tree outside.

I was lying in bed trying to get to sleep when I felt something drop onto my shin. I shot up in bed and I felt like there was a presence in my room. It was absolutely pitch black though. Anyway, I switched my bedside light on but when I looked back there was no one there. I had a bruise on my shin and the curtains were slightly open... expect it was pitch black moments before and when I switched the light off I could see in my bedroom from the moonlight.

These days I think it was my mind playing tricks on me and I maybe already had the bruise, but it really freaked me out. So much so, I slept with a knife under my pillow for a few months until my dad noticed it was missing :LOL: No way can anybody move that fast even if someone had broken into our home.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
When I was about 11, I was walking home from a sleepover, quite early in the morning (rural and no one else was around) when a man in a car pulled up next to me and told me to get in. I said no, then he started to get out of his car. I ran so fast and luckily I wasn't too far from home. I sometimes wonder now what he would've done. It scares me to think I might not be here anymore.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Thanks for these replies, some people are actually terrifying.

I read the story on Mumsnet where the woman was at uni and saw a dark patch on her friend's bed and then found out the room the dark patch was in had been burgled and she reckoned she saw the burglar.

There are some good true stories on LetsNotMeet on Reddit. One story over in America about how a woman was on the phone to her boyfriend about to get in the shower and drops her phone by under her bed, she looks down and sees a man hiding under it and pretends not to have seen it so she goes in the bathroom and climbs out of her bathroom window. The police come to see the man waiting outside of the bathroom door with a knife in his hand.

There's a really creepy true story from the north of England off of Let'sNotMeet where a woman is followed home. I can't copy and paste as the story is too long but it's worth a read.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 65

I remember that case vividly as it was so bizarre the way the guy went around cutting women's hair. The case was reported in detail on BBC South Today, which is my local news channel. He was also responsible for the murder of a teenager in Sicily where he was originally from - not surprised your blood ran cold!

I had a grim experience on the Paris metro when I was 21. Not going to tell the story as I don't want to trigger people. It was a long time ago and I am over it, but I will never forget his face. Ever.

Reading all these stories makes me so sad (and angry) that girls and women have to live looking over our shoulders at all times. We can never drop our guards. Ever! :(
That's so true. I have large boobs and the casual abuse and piss taking I've had to endure over the years from random men is appalling. They seem to think it's funny, but it's not - it's humiliating, frightening and unacceptable. Seems some men have never learnt any empathy or manners. I had a day out at the races with my husband ruined when some oik deliberately rubbed his chest up against my boobs when passing me as I was queuing to place a bet - he then went over to his mates and was pointing and laughing at me. I wanted the ground to swallow me. On another occasion a weirdo followed me into my local shopping mall and groped my bum on the escalators - I whipped round to see who had touched me and he said "sorry it was a mistake"!! bleeping wanker. I practically ran back to my car to drive home as I wanted to be as far away as possible from him. I should have reported him, but I was just so shocked I wasn't thinking straight. I really seem to attract weirdos for some reason. 😦

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
I once know someone who told me a story ......
years ago in the 80,S a group of friends went on holiday... they landed back at home. While they were waiting to be picked up one of the men went to the toilet....
The group of friends were waiting outside ... he never came out of the toilet... they searched the whole of the airport ... all restaurants all bars.... he was never seen again and never found.... very odd

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 36

I lived in Paris in 1999 when I was and had two horrendous experiences on the metro....I’ve had similar on packed tubes in London....although not as bad as the Paris incidents....am guessing some men think it’s a quick way to get a thrill without fear of ever getting caught

Should say when I was 20

• Sad
I once know someone who told me a story ......
years ago in the 80,S a group of friends went on holiday... they landed back at home. While they were waiting to be picked up one of the men went to the toilet....
The group of friends were waiting outside ... he never came out of the toilet... they searched the whole of the airport ... all restaurants all bars.... he was never seen again and never found.... very odd
That is really scary, and happens more than most people realise. People go missing all the time, but only a very small fraction of them ever get any publicity. So sad for the loved ones left behind. I came across this story in the Guardian nearly 2 years ago; I live in the South East but had never heard about the case - and yet others (Milly Dowler, Susie Lamplugh, Madeleine McCann) get masses of publicity. https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/apr/29/ruth-wilson-surrey-schoolgirl-vanished-documentary

• Sad
Reactions: 13
When I was 14 I went to meet what I thought was a lad off of Habo hotel. Turned out he was a 30 year old man who grabbed me and stuck his tongue down my throat. He tried to get me into his car and ask if I wanted a baby 😳😳😳 I’ve never told a soul. He sounded my age on the phone. bleeping terrifying.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
That is really scary, and happens more than most people realise. People go missing all the time, but only a very small fraction of them ever get any publicity. So sad for the loved ones left behind. I came across this story in the Guardian nearly 2 years ago; I live in the South East but had never heard about the case - and yet others (Milly Dowler, Susie Lamplugh, Madeleine McCann) get masses of publicity. https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/apr/29/ruth-wilson-surrey-schoolgirl-vanished-documentary
I’m friends with the Aunt of the lad who disappeared on a night out in Bury a couple of years ago. He was in the army. Walked into a dead end alley way but was never seen again. Never came back out. Disappeared on cctv but nowhere he could have gone. It’s heartbreaking for them as they have no closure. They hold out hope he’ll be found one day. So sad

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I’m friends with the Aunt of the lad who disappeared on a night out in Bury a couple of years ago. He was in the army. Walked into a dead end alley way but was never seen again. Never came back out. Disappeared on cctv but nowhere he could have gone. It’s heartbreaking for them as they have no closure. They hold out hope he’ll be found one day. So sad
I remember that.... his girlfriend found out she was pregnant!!!
Was his name Rory ? I kept checking to see if they found him.... so sad

Last edited: