What's more important: salary or job satisfaction?

What's more important: salary or job satisfaction?

• salary

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • job satisfaction

Votes: 28 84.8%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Curious about other people's opinions!

I'm starting a new job this week, I'm initially taking a slight pay cut (only for 3m probationary period) but it is a complete career change and something I have wanted to do for SO long

What is more important to you? Enjoying your work/finding it interesting or what you are paid?

Also, how many people can say they're honestly passionate about their job?

Job satisfaction 100%. Good luck with your new job and career change. Speaking from experience it was the best decision I ever made and it's allowed me to speed more time at home with my son and daughter xoxo

• Heart
Reactions: 2
In my years as a teacher I would have happily took less money in return for a work life balance. The children gave such amazing job satisfaction but I feel that was cancelled out by mountains of pointless paperwork and toxic politics.

Editing to add (because I was wrapped up in my rant) - good luck in your new job 😘

Reactions: 1
Job satisfaction 100%. Good luck with your new job and career change. Speaking from experience it was the best decision I ever made and it's allowed me to speed more time at home with my son and daughter xoxo
thank you! It is daunting but I was not enjoying my current job at all so knew I had to make a change, was really fortunate to get the opportunity to work in a new industry with no formal experience

I voted job satisfaction but I don’t think it’s that black and white. I think I’m more in the middle!

I voted job satisfaction but I don’t think it’s that black and white. I think I’m more in the middle!
yeah I think cost of living/putting a roof over your head always has to be factored in. I wouldn't have been able to take a massive pay cut or gone back to uni for financial reasons, had they been my only options

I voted job satisfaction but I am very lucky that my job comes with a pretty decent salary. However, I had it in my head from a very young age of what I wanted to do and I would still want to do it regardless of what my salary is/could potentially be.

Reactions: 1