What’s annoying you right now? #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm annoyed that I have an opinionated sh*t interfering with another persons' life and honestly, they just need to f off because they know nothing and the two of them couldn't be any more different in the way they want to progress and behave in life. I'm scared the other person looks up to them and will actually will do what the other one says is correct rather than what he actually wants for himself. I gave birth to both of them. Little Princes ;)

Reactions: 1
My home where I grew up was a very quiet and remote place. At one point, the youngest and rowdiest living thing you could see were seasonal geese. Then I came back from university and found out that the town put a baseball stadium up in what felt like my backyard. I could hear the sound traveling seven miles from the stadium into my bedroom in the middle of the afternoon.

I was just reminded of that noise pollution disaster and I’m annoyed all over again.

Last edited:
  • Sad
My husbands Uncle that isn't actually his uncle and family are coming to visit today. He knows I'm not happy about it because I've told him 282538 times but he hasn't cancelled it. They are coming at 4pm and have booked a hotel. Why don't they come at 11 and leave at 4 ?! Then they would be able to get home, they are coming from Bristol. We could have gone out for lunch. 4pm ffs. I can't even say let's go for a walk and let the kids go to the park because it'll be dark 😫 so will have them sat in my house entertaining them for hours. Could have booked dinner but they are like no its fine we'll eat at yours. A booked hotel must mean they want to stay late?! Who can create a family emergency that I just have to go to at 3.45 🤣😫

Just feeling unsociable and we have so much to do, now we're going to have to tidy the whole house as we have a doer upper and they haven't seen the renovations so far. Spring time would be so much better but husband just ignores me 😫
BRB, going to chuck myself down the stairs 🤭

My husbands Uncle that isn't actually his uncle and family are coming to visit today. He knows I'm not happy about it because I've told him 282538 times but he hasn't cancelled it. They are coming at 4pm and have booked a hotel. Why don't they come at 11 and leave at 4 ?! Then they would be able to get home, they are coming from Bristol. We could have gone out for lunch. 4pm ffs. I can't even say let's go for a walk and let the kids go to the park because it'll be dark 😫 so will have them sat in my house entertaining them for hours. Could have booked dinner but they are like no its fine we'll eat at yours. A booked hotel must mean they want to stay late?! Who can create a family emergency that I just have to go to at 3.45 🤣😫

Just feeling unsociable and we have so much to do, now we're going to have to tidy the whole house as we have a doer upper and they haven't seen the renovations so far. Spring time would be so much better but husband just ignores me 😫
Just to say obviously when they come I'll be super friendly but until then I'm gonna complain

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Combo of PMS bloating and extra festive pounds means all of my jeans and especially my work uniform are cutting me in half at the waist 🙃

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I bought pillow covers from H&M Home and they're far too long. What on earth? I've never seen regular sleep pillows this long. Bizarre.

PT at the gym messaging to confirm times for returning next week. I’m stuck in some sort of contract so can’t really walk away at the moment.

Last edited:
New to this thread but I'm glad I found it as I just want to have a moan. My daughter is an only child, she lives with me and her dad, we both work. Her cousin is an only child and lives with her mum (my sister-in-law), she's school age and her mum doesn't work. So my daughter and her cousin have both just had birthdays and are about the same age. My husband's parents spent £35 on my daughter for her birthday, yet for her cousin £170. I was really shocked about this as the presents were gifted in front of us all, I understand they may choose to spend more on the cousin as they aren't as financially well off as us, but the gift was really extravagant, especially given her age and the fact it's from the grandparents. It was then said the main gift was also for Christmas, which still works out to £100 when you include the other birthday gifts. But I'm not sure it is a joint gift to be honest as I doubt it will affect how much they spend on her at Christmas. I also picked up last year too that this had happened via Facebook photos, but it wasn't such a financial difference.

It's not just gifts though, it's also down to days out, being invited out, spending time together.
😬 Just quoting myself to add to my original moan about my daughter receiving £35 worth of birthday gifts from the grandparents and her cousin £170.

At the time of the cousins birthday, the grandparents claimed the extravagant gift was a joint birthday and Christmas gift. Well it certainly hasn't affected how much they spent on the cousin at Christmas. The grandchildren got roughly the same toys and books but then the cousin got extras such as clothes, a trip to the Panto and a visit to a top rated expensive grotto.

Now the extra gifts hasn't bothered me this time, as I knew it would happen. What has bothered me is that they bought my daughter gifts based on what the cousin likes. Three of the gifts she has no interest in, and two others are more age appropriate for the cousin as they are a year older.

Although the extra gifts hasn't bothered me this time, must admit it does bother me about the days out, as my daughter would love to go out and have fun with her grandparents but doesn't get that opportunity.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
😬 Just quoting myself to add to my original moan about my daughter receiving £35 worth of birthday gifts from the grandparents and her cousin £170.

At the time of the cousins birthday, the grandparents claimed the extravagant gift was a joint birthday and Christmas gift. Well it certainly hasn't affected how much they spent on the cousin at Christmas. The grandchildren got roughly the same toys and books but then the cousin got extras such as clothes, a trip to the Panto and a visit to a top rated expensive grotto.

Now the extra gifts hasn't bothered me this time, as I knew it would happen. What has bothered me is that they bought my daughter gifts based on what the cousin likes. Three of the gifts she has no interest in, and two others are more age appropriate for the cousin as they are a year older.

Although the extra gifts hasn't bothered me this time, must admit it does bother me about the days out, as my daughter would love to go out and have fun with her grandparents but doesn't get that opportunity.
Have you, or your husband ever said anything to the grandparents about this! Seems very unfair. I totally get the mum is a single mum and they wanna help a bit but it seems a bit excessive 😅

Have you, or your husband ever said anything to the grandparents about this! Seems very unfair. I totally get the mum is a single mum and they wanna help a bit but it seems a bit excessive 😅
People will always have favourites. If you say anything you will look bad. That is what I think, I could be wrong I often am as I don't have kids.

My wife has plenty of nephews and nieces, and I do have favourites, sometimes it does show as I get them extra stuff.

Just to say obviously when they come I'll be super friendly but until then I'm gonna complain
282538, such a precise number, glad you kept count. :ROFLMAO:

I feel bad for you, but just enjoy it as much as you can, it's going to happen so just try and enjoy it.

• Haha
Me again, trains again, they have been totally shite this week, no early trains, no trains into London, have to change. It been a right pain, but only 3 days right? Wrong they are going to do it again next week 🤬 I have spent a minimum of 4 hours a day commuting

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
That my bf was supposed to have all this week off, and yet again he’s had to go into work. He’s had 1 day off out of the 5 he should have. I know being self employed he has to take as much as he can get as he doesn’t get paid holiday like me but it would be nice to get a full week together sometimes

• Sad
Reactions: 11

Sounds like the grandparents have a favourite ☹ I was the unfavourite grandchild. That sucks, the grandparents should be more sensitive to how this stuff comes across to the grandchildren.

Reactions: 3

If your parents aren’t capable of providing the same for your daughter maybe get your husband to have a chat with his parents. Otherwise, I think it’s assumed that parents will do more for their daughters children. Sucks 😕

Reactions: 3
I'm on this page and the little things that annoy you thread all the time. I've realised I moan alot, mostly about my husband 🤷🏻‍♀️ (he shouldn't be a dick). So would like to say thanks for putting up with me and here's to more moaning in 2022. 🥂🥳🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Finally got my letter yesterday morning for a hospital appointment for the 17th at my local hospital

Today get another letter cancelling that one and giving me another for the 20th at a hospital 30 miles away that I have never even heard of. OK it's doable and non-urgent although its affected my mobility and I will never get that back

A whole other story is my brother who has aggressive prostate cancer has had his urgent radiotherapy put back till mid-Feb

This whole thing is a shitshow and needs to stop, there are other things besides covid and the service is failing them badly

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Finally got my letter yesterday morning for a hospital appointment for the 17th at my local hospital

Today get another letter cancelling that one and giving me another for the 20th at a hospital 30 miles away that I have never even heard of. OK it's doable and non-urgent although its affected my mobility and I will never get that back

A whole other story is my brother who has aggressive prostate cancer has had his urgent radiotherapy put back till mid-Feb

This whole thing is a shitshow and needs to stop, there are other things besides covid and the service is failing them badly
Had to cancelled it, didnt notice the time (4:30)
driving to an unfamiliar area for something that for me is stressful in the dark is a no go. I get blinded by the very bright lights cars have these days. Im ok driving in a familiar place as I know the road and its turns. but these days countryside driving with those cars that light up the whole sky for miles, you take your life in your hands.

Bright car lights IMO should be banned and have no idea why they are allowed

When someone you have on ignore is the one always making the new threads you post in. it messes up how you view the forum. 😜

Reactions: 7
My FitBit. I've had it for a few months and if I want to sync it then it takes up to an hour of uninstalling, reinstalling, unpairing, pairing, force stopping, uninstalling, reinstalling, pairing, unpairing, pairing and so on.

Looking on the support forums it's had this issue since at least 2016 and they've never bothered to fix it.

Last year’s New Years fireworks felt endless. This year’s fireworks lasted exactly twenty-one minutes. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.