What’s annoying you right now? #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was having a similar conversation with my friend who works in a nursery yesterday. She's been unwell with tonsillitis but feels unable to call in sick and said it's quite common in nurseries to go in when you're feeling pretty poorly. I feel awful for her so I really hope you feel better soon. If you are unable to work then you should be able to call in sick.
Thank you for your kind words, it’s true nurseries tend to be very strict about going in. I think a lot of jobs and workplaces are similar at the moment.

Similarly my friend works in residential care. The fact that she doesn’t get sick pay, plus they are very short staffed due to 15 staff members with positive tests means that she is working almost 7 days a week at the moment 😔
I really feel for your friend, that is a challenging enough job, without that stress!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I really feel for you feeling like you have to go in. I’d just advise to load up on vitamins echinacea is really good for respiratory Illnesses and the usual cold and cough meds

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I had a massive argument with my bf this morning after feeling like things might be okay for a few weeks. We haven’t made up and now im getting the silent treatment and it’s just really pissing me off.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
My mum saying I resent my son!

My mum saying I resent my son!
To add context to my post, she says I treat my son differently because i discipline him and tell him right from wrong. Although he is only 8 I want to ensure he doesn’t grow up like his own dad. He witnessed his dads derogatory behaviour and abuse from a young age. I don’t want him to think treating people that way is okay.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
My son's gf text my other son to tell him her dad tested positive and to tell no one. Wtaf is wrong with people. I'm fuming.

Reactions: 4
I left my family whatsapp group cos they were all annoying me and they assumed it was a mistake so re-added me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I left my family whatsapp group cos they were all annoying me and they assumed it was a mistake so re-added me 😂
Well done for being brave enough to actually leave it though 🤣I feel like family WhatsApp groups are things we don’t want to be a part of, but can never leave 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Track and trace are relentless. My boyfriend tested positive five days ago, they’ve been ringing anywhere between 3-8 times a day. They called at 7.30am this morning, they want a code to prove he’s submitted his close contact form he received when test results came in - he’s given them it every single time and they still keep calling and asking for it 😡

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Track and trace are relentless. My boyfriend tested positive five days ago, they’ve been ringing anywhere between 3-8 times a day. They called at 7.30am this morning, they want a code to prove he’s submitted his close contact form he received when test results came in - he’s given them it every single time and they still keep calling and asking for it 😡
I've just finished a week's lateral flow tests owing to them telling me I was somewhere where someone with Covid was.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.