What’s annoying you right now? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That my 2 year old will eat rice and chilli at nursery but can I get her to eat anything other than jam sandwiches or beans, can I eff 🙄
this is very random as I don't have children, but apparently (from things I have watched and read)a big influence on what young children will eat is basically peer pressure from people of their own age/slightly older children, so this might be the reason. obviously not possible now but when we can really eat together this might be something to try as it obviously works at nursery?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
this is very random as I don't have children, but apparently (from things I have watched and read)a big influence on what young children will eat is basically peer pressure from people of their own age/slightly older children, so this might be the reason. obviously not possible now but when we can really eat together this might be something to try as it obviously works at nursery?
Yeah we've heard that too and we haven't been great at eating with her admittedly due to shift work but there are times where we can and we've decided we're going to make an effort to do it and see if that helps. Thank you 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Yeah we've heard that too and we haven't been great at eating with her admittedly due to shift work but there are times where we can and we've decided we're going to make an effort to do it and see if that helps. Thank you 💕
you are welcome :) apparently what works best is someone slightly older, I don't know if they have cousins etc, but either way you know they are eating well somewhere so I wouldn't stress!

you are welcome :) apparently what works best is someone slightly older, I don't know if they have cousins etc, but either way you know they are eating well somewhere so I wouldn't stress!
Nah she is the only one at the moment but she eats fairly well at nursery. I think when we can meet up with family members again it will be better

Put in a request to my GP for a prescription. It wasn't filled. I got in touch and they told me "my registration had expired" as they'd received notice that I had registered with another GP - which I hadn't

• Wow
Reactions: 2
That no matter how many times I delete a quoted post I decided not to post, its always back when I next go to make a post on that thread. a few times I've not noticed and it's posted that alongside my fresh post.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
That no matter how many times I delete a quoted post I decided not to post, its always back when I next go to make a post on that thread. a few times I've not noticed and it's posted that alongside my fresh post.
I often accidentally quote them instead of liking them . All is well until the original poster starts disagreeing with the reply

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I sometimes half type a reply, change my mind, and every time I go back to that page it’s always still there at the bottom of the page! It takes an age to backspace and delete.

Reactions: 7
I sometimes half type a reply, change my mind, and every time I go back to that page it’s always still there at the bottom of the page! It takes an age to backspace and delete.
Click and select all or highlight and delete

Without giving too much away and outing the industry in which I work .. I'm facing disciplinary after a situation at work today , however , after talking to my husband who's very high up in the food chain as managers go , but a different industry altogether, he reckons they dont have a leg to stand on if they pull me in for various reasons which he listed.. and hes right when he lists the reasons why they can't touch me.. he does disciplinaries and he knows stuff .. but , I'll feel like I'd be throwing my colleague under the bus as technically the onus was on her , .. I only worked with her for the very first time tonight and she is so lovely and I'm not willing to absolve myself of blame if it means she gets the disciplinary, I should have known better too , but because of situations they have nothing on me .. but it doesnt stop me from feeling rotten.. i currently feel like tit because like I say I should have seen it ( the situation that is causing the disciplinary) but I can get out of it .. I'm having a drink tonight as I feel like crap and I dont know what to do ... it's not gross misconduct, but it's worthy of a stage 1 for sure . I dont want that on my record

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Without giving too much away and outing the industry in which I work .. I'm facing disciplinary after a situation at work today , however , after talking to my husband who's very high up in the food chain as managers go , but a different industry altogether, he reckons they dont have a leg to stand on if they pull me in for various reasons which he listed.. and hes right when he lists the reasons why they can't touch me.. he does disciplinaries and he knows stuff .. but , I'll feel like I'd be throwing my colleague under the bus as technically the onus was on her , .. I only worked with her for the very first time tonight and she is so lovely and I'm not willing to absolve myself of blame if it means she gets the disciplinary, I should have known better too , but because of situations they have nothing on me .. but it doesnt stop me from feeling rotten.. i currently feel like tit because like I say I should have seen it ( the situation that is causing the disciplinary) but I can get out of it .. I'm having a drink tonight as I feel like crap and I dont know what to do ... it's not gross misconduct, but it's worthy of a stage 1 for sure . I dont want that on my record
I know this is probably very controversial but I've lost career opportunities too many times, trying to be a good person. I'm not saying that you should throw your colleague under the bus but you can bet they won't be backward in coming forward in trying to save their own skin.
Stick to the truth and facts but don't try and be a hero.
Just my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I know this is probably very controversial but I've lost career opportunities too many times, trying to be a good person. I'm not saying that you should throw your colleague under the bus but you can bet they won't be backward in coming forward in trying to save their own skin.
Stick to the truth and facts but don't try and be a hero.
Just my opinion.
I'm currently training for a different career altogether and stand a pretty good chance of getting in that chosen field , a disciplinary would definitely affect that .. I didnt give it a thought that perhaps she would throw me under the bus to save herself .. perhaps she would , I dont know her ... bloody hell it's a crap situation.. thanks for being honest .. I need to think between now and then .. my husband said the same , stick to the facts. as I was telling him he said i was digging a hole and it was irrelevant what she was , wasnt , should have been doing. He said tell them YOUR role and what YOU did .. this does get me out of tit but as someone experienced I should have known better as to what she was doing but I took no notice, not deliberately, I just wasnt paying attention to what she was doing

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I won't go into my situation (past) but just wanted to say hang in there (and other platitudes!) and am sending you love and hugs x

I'm currently training for a different career altogether and stand a pretty good chance of getting in that chosen field , a disciplinary would definitely affect that .. I didnt give it a thought that perhaps she would throw me under the bus to save herself .. perhaps she would , I dont know her ... bloody hell it's a crap situation.. thanks for being honest .. I need to think between now and then .. my husband said the same , stick to the facts. as I was telling him he said i was digging a hole and it was irrelevant what she was , wasnt , should have been doing. He said tell them YOUR role and what YOU did .. this does get me out of tit but as someone experienced I should have known better as to what she was doing but I took no notice, not deliberately, I just wasnt paying attention to what she was doing
I’ve learnt a lot this year about the profession I work in and the best advice is do not attend that meeting until you can see your union And if you aren’t in one, join one and they also give out legal advice through help lines too! Make sure you have a representative in with you in the meeting so they don’t try and work against you and back you into a corner

Reactions: 2
I’ve learnt a lot this year about the profession I work in and the best advice is do not attend that meeting until you can see your union And if you aren’t in one, join one and they also give out legal advice through help lines too! Make sure you have a representative in with you in the meeting so they don’t try and work against you and back you into a corner
Im not in a union and I'm not sure I can join one now knowing I face disciplinary proceedings, but I'll take a rep with me for sure , don't know who , my husband knows his stuff but I don't think he would be allowed to go .. I'll have to write down what he told me tonight and hopefully it'll be enough based on the questions they're likely to ask me

Its bloody crap ! Word got around within 15 minutes and other colleagues were ringing with the faux * oh babe what happppeeend * .. I felt like saying piss off you just want to know the gory details because you're a nosey duck .. i KNOW technically they have nothing on me based on what the man said BUT it means shifting blame and I'm too tired and mentally not there to have noticed..and no I'm not going to pull THAT card as a get out of jail free card .. I'll tell her I've had mine and I'm on a stage one when the time comes .. otherwise I'll be seen as a cnut with other colleagues otherwise.. but I need to remember to stick to facts like a PP said .. not explain what the other person shoulda/ woulda/ coulda done based on what I should have noticed

Last edited:
  • Sad
Yup this happens all the time, is it a bug?

Yup this happens all the time, is it a bug?
No idea. I highlight delete, I backspace, I have tried deleting then typing one letter to see if that one letter stays rather than the whole quoted post and my reply, but nope nothing works.

It's a pain as I do go to reply a lot then change my mind.

This is so annoying! Then sometimes I accidentally end up posting the unwanted comment above what I actually want to say. Even if I come off the page and go back on it’s still there.

It's not throwing someone else under the bus its stating the facts. If she us happy to pass the blame so should you if she is to blame do the right thing. Why should you take the wrap for someone who is not even a close colleague? Good luck

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.