WhatMummyMakes #9 I would drive 500 miles & I would drive 500 more, just to be a mum who’s child saw downtown abbey age 4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hopefully have some this right it's my first thread 😬.
Well done Borntorun on a fantastic winning title, I've had to condense it a bit to make it fit, be sure to post a smug boomerang to celebrate 🙂.
To recap: Bex and mynini took a trip to Yorkshire, Bex checked herself in as Ms Wilson and wouldn't you know it the hotel thought it was her birthday again, what are the odds?
Afterwards she treated us all to her trips away with the kids top tips, book yourself into a hotel with extra crispy bacon, choose wherever you want to go, drag your child along with one pair of broken sandals and a tub of cucumber and you're sorted. You don't need a tablet, your child should gaze lovingly out of the window just pausing to let you know what a wonderful mother you are and how much fun they are having. You don't need appropriate clothing either, dress them in their finest party dresses and rejoice as they frolick through some poor farmers crops, don't bother going self catering either, that's for the riff raff no lady Bex and mynini like to eat out everywhere, oh and don't bother taking anything to amuse your child, just ask the restaurant to amuse them, it's the least they can do! (Bex arrives at the restaurants like Richard Gere in Pretty Women, "get my child some crayons, I'm going to be spending an obsene amount of money in here") 😂
Bex had a busy month, she's bringing out a new pastry bible don't you know, she can't wait for us to try all her new and exciting recipes, I mean this is the lady who bought us strawberry and peanut butter sandwiches so we await with baited breath 🙄 of course it meant two trips down to London without mynini, how she coped as a working mother we don't know but as she missed her so much Nini was treated to sleepovers galore while we can only assume Nina's dad was banished to the toddler bed. Bex has been sooooo busy lately and missed so much of myninis childhood she's taken her out of pre school so she can have some company, sorry I mean make the most of the time they have left. This obviously means trips to the nail bar and going to the cinema to see Downton Abbey, what more could a 4 year old want?
In other news Bex was invited on TV and treated us all to the dryest looking pizza you've ever seen, mynini isn't served such things as frozen pizza, she likes nothing more than a big bowl of muscles does our Nina, except she doesn't does she Bex? In fact Bex was feeling so super smug she shared some top tips about fussy eating she googled, I mean learned from raising her one compliant eager to please child, when questioned about her actual qualifications or experience she quickly deleted and blocked (sending the commenter straight over to us, welcome to the dark side 😂).
Apart from that long distance Clara has wracked up about 70,000 miles on the car (cost of living crisis really hitting you hard eh Bex), as ever eaten copious amounts of cheese, pastry, pork and schnacks (cringe) and dragged Nina around approximately 72 National trust sites. We would ask what's next for Bex but we really don't need to, I think we all know the drill by now 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
My daughter used to say that and when her brother used to suck his thumb she'd say A is f (s) ucking his thumb. So very very embarrassing 😂😂
HOWEVER at 4 years old I don't think so! Unless theres an apparent speech issue which I don't think my nini has.

Reactions: 3
My daughter used to say that and when her brother used to suck his thumb she'd say A is f (s) ucking his thumb. So very very embarrassing 😂😂
HOWEVER at 4 years old I don't think so! Unless theres an apparent speech issue which I don't think my nini has.

I can’t believe she thought it was so hilarious it made it to the grid. Random much?

Reactions: 6
Miss Bestselling author again with her grasp of English…I think you might mean ‘bustly’. Which she would probably find HILARIOUS because it has the word bust in it, cue posting a pic of Nini groping a statue or animal somewhere.

Reactions: 10
Becky the super working mum drops off Nina and goes into town, then even has time for a coffee at Costa. I'd love to have time for anything after dropping off my daughter.

It annoys me so much how she pretends like she's a normal working mum when she so clearly isn't! That story really pissed me off.

Reactions: 14
Becky the super working mum drops off Nina and goes into town, then even has time for a coffee at Costa. I'd love to have time for anything after dropping off my daughter.

It annoys me so much how she pretends like she's a normal working mum when she so clearly isn't! That story really pissed me off.
I'm a stay at home mum and it annoys me as well 😂
I can't believe how much freedom she has and I wouldn't call what she does a proper job.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

I felt exactly the same. I drop off my eldest at childminders, then my youngest at nursery, then it's a rush to get to work on time. Then it's the exact reverse at the other end of the day. I don't have time to do anything except maybe popping into the supermarket on the way home for 10 mins to get a few bits that we need. And that's only if I leave work bang on time. And some nights it's straight back out again for swimming lessons etc. She has no clue.

Reactions: 9
In the present world of rising costs & sustainability; I wonder what Becky’s carbon footprint is?
I mean
She eats a very meat/dairy heavy diet
Clocks up miles on her NT tours
Seems to be out shopping every day

she never talks about how she’s doing her bit for the planet, or what she’s doing to leave a better world for Nini

she’s not a very good influencer for topics which are very current, is she?

Reactions: 18
I honestly don’t think Becky is that bright in general, or educated about current affairs either. Which leads to a lot of ignorance on her part, also I don’t think she particularly cares about things that don’t directly affect her. She comes across as quite selfish and self centred.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
In the present world of rising costs & sustainability; I wonder what Becky’s carbon footprint is?
I mean
She eats a very meat/dairy heavy diet
Clocks up miles on her NT tours
Seems to be out shopping every day

she never talks about how she’s doing her bit for the planet, or what she’s doing to leave a better world for Nini

she’s not a very good influencer for topics which are very current, is she?
Other environmental impacts too like single use plastics and recycling. The amount of crap she buys, you can bet she’s not doing all she can.

She could be encouraging composting of potato peelings etc, re-usable food containers or wraps, using only seasonal veg. The list is endless of what would be relevant to food.

Reactions: 5
SHE RAN OUT OF CHEESE?!?! Poor woman must be having palpitations at the thought.
Surprised she doesn’t have a couple of slices of Gouda tucked away in an old notebook for emergencies such as these.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
No cheese? Have to be another dinner out then!
200 miles away from home mind u! Local businesses simply cannot do!

edit:

OK DID U SEE THIS. ninis ‘delayed reaction’ to those gross ass green muffins.
she chews it. Chews. Chews. Puts it down. In the most neutral face ever she goes ‘mmmm’ whilst pretending to put a crumb in her mouth.
this is legit the saddest thing I’ve seen today. It’s so obvious Nina has been conditioned into praising her mothers food and validating her love through it. It’s terrible. Someone needs to step in.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.