Votes: 18 12.6%
  • 251-500k

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • 501-1m

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 1m+

Votes: 17 11.9%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
with in mind that the higher the wage often the more responsibilities, work hours and stress.

About 70k to me would be a dream wage, enough to easily pay the mortgage, shop at waitrose, a couple of holidays a year and some left over to save.

I wouldn't like a stressful job that never stops even if it got a huge house,

Reactions: 7
I used to be a teacher earning £25k ish and would have took a pay cut for less paperwork, observations, toxic politics etc. I work about 30.mins a day at the mo and earn £500 a month so my dream would be to double that x

Reactions: 2
I used to be a teacher earning £25k ish and would have took a pay cut for less paperwork, observations, toxic politics etc. I work about 30.mins a day at the mo and earn £500 a month so my dream would be to double that x
Curious about what you do! - sorry for being nosey

Reactions: 1
Obviously the more the merrier but have to agree that the higher the wage, the more stress that is going to come with your job and that's just not worth it for me.

I would love to have enough so that my family and I would never go without. At the moment I'm on £24.5k and feel like I'm doing alright to be honest!

I work 25 hours per week on 14.5k (21k full time) heavily propped up by hubbys earnings luckily which means we're not struggling, so technically I'm fine on what I'm on, but ideally I'd like to work 20 hours per week for about £20k 😜😂

I think it all depends on where you live, if you own a home and when you bought it. I know people that bought a house in hackney over a decade ago, almost paid off that can now have a great standard of living on an average wage. Whereas someone buying the same house now would need to have to have a huge joint income and work for decades in a stressful job to service the debt.

Reactions: 3
I think 60-70k would be ideal for me. Enough to live to a high standard of living, enjoy nice food, eat meals out, nice car, decent house and holidays :) I am on 30k at the moment in a professional job for the NHS. I get a lot of job-satisfaction from what I do, so it's not always about the monetary rewards!

I wont say what I sell but I have an ebay store. I dont sell tat that mrs hinch buys though lol
What sort of things do you sell?

I work 30hrs a week and get around £21k. I'd maybe like £30k but not if I had to increase my hours. I'm happy to spend less in return for working less.

The salary range for my job is between £72-£115k with an average weekly working hours of 36-38 hours - however pre-children there are times where I have ended up sleeping at work due to case load, but I love my job. Not currently working due to maternity leave, but part of me can’t wait to get back.

My husband is a consultant and the range for him is £79-£107k.

Both of our jobs are high stress, and now with having children part of me does wonder how worth it is in. We are lucky that although we live in Central London we have no mortgage etc. I would consider cutting back but that I think of all the years of study etc and I don’t know if I want to throw that all away.

Wow! I've just been offered a 25k job and I'm over the moon 😂 once I stop paying childcare I will feel rich as 😅
I've had interviews for 30k roles so that is what I'm aiming for in the next year.

I’m on 24k living alone in the south west. I don’t exactly struggle but I don’t have much left over at the end of the month either. I’d ideally love to have about 40k a year for the same 40 hour week but im in the nhs so 🤷🏻‍♀️