What would you consider a "red flag" in a partner?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"You're not like other girls,"
Talking about their ex on a first date (most often in a derogatory way)
Rudeness to waiters/waitresses
Mansplaining my own field of expertise to me
Anyone using tricks and methods from The Game [yes, we're aware of it you negging prick]
Lovebombing

Much as my husband pisses me off at times, I'm glad I don't have to endure the dating field nowadays, before I met my husband I'd given myself permission to stop dating as it was so miserable at times.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
"You're not like other girls,"
Talking about their ex on a first date (most often in a derogatory way)
Rudeness to waiters/waitresses
Mansplaining my own field of expertise to me
Anyone using tricks and methods from The Game [yes, we're aware of it you negging prick]
Lovebombing

Much as my husband pisses me off at times, I'm glad I don't have to endure the dating field nowadays, before I met my husband I'd given myself permission to stop dating as it was so miserable at times.
YES!!! The all my exs are psychos speech made me run for the hills every time. Just makes me think NOPE ITS DEFO YOU
And yes to everything else you said. I have endometriosis and it somehow got brought up on a 1st date once and a guy mansplained periods to me ("you know it's not actual blood right😏")

I'm the same as you happily left the dating life behind (the last experience sent me swiftly back to my ex and were engaged and happier than ever) sometimes we need to experience these things eh, just interested to hear other peoples stories

Reactions: 5
Agree with talking about the ex, both in a bad way (if the ex is ‘crazy’, there’s a good chance your date was the reason why) and simply too much (they’re not over it)

Generally being secretive/evasive about odd things

Being too reliant on parents. I understand living at home as an adult due to high rent prices/personal circumstances but living at home with your mum doing all the housework and cooking... at best you’re useless around the house, at worst you‘re lazy and entitled

Not taking contraception seriously / “I hate condoms and you’re on the pill anyway” - self explanatory!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Agree with talking about the ex, both in a bad way (if the ex is ‘crazy’, there’s a good chance your date was the reason why) and simply too much (they’re not over it)

Generally being secretive/evasive about odd things

Being too reliant on parents. I understand living at home as an adult due to high rent prices/personal circumstances but living at home with your mum doing all the housework and cooking... at best you’re useless around the house, at worst you‘re lazy and entitled

Not taking contraception seriously / “I hate condoms and you’re on the pill anyway” - self explanatory!
Urh my eyes rolled into the back of my head so hard reading all of those. I have unfortunately had experiences with all these guys

Reactions: 3
If they're self-absorbed/make every conversation about them and don't show any interest in getting to know you.
If they keep bragging about how great and experienced they are in bed (yeah right!)
Also agree with mansplaining, negging and mention of "crazy" exes.

Reactions: 3
I think as a single parent, wanting to meet your child or get involved in that way too quickly. Someone I’d been speaking to on Tinder mentioned that he was missing being a hands on Dad (his son is 19 - my child is nearly 3) and just a few other comments made me feel a bit uncomfortable. We’re no longer talking 😂

Yes to the lovebombing and the nutty exes too.

Completely agree about love bombing and ‘my ex is a psycho’

How I wish so much that I knew these were red flags a few years ago, before I was in a controlling and coercive relationship for years.

We live and learn...

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I think as a single parent, wanting to meet your child or get involved in that way too quickly. Someone I’d been speaking to on Tinder mentioned that he was missing being a hands on Dad (his son is 19 - my child is nearly 3) and just a few other comments made me feel a bit uncomfortable. We’re no longer talking 😂

Yes to the lovebombing and the nutty exes too.
This is such a red flag! Even if they have the best of intentions it just sets off alarm bells that they want to rush things and be part of the family from day one

Dating as a parent (of young children) is a minefield

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Yes, Instabums. It’s why I don’t really date tbh. It’s not just me I have to think about anymore.

Saying ‘love you’ a few weeks in
blowing hot and cold
only wanting to know you when he wants to
his ex is a ‘nutter’
all his ex’s are ‘nutters’
he openly gawps at other women
rushing everything-I.e wants to meet the kids a few weeks in or talking about marriage after a month
gaslighting

ive dated them all!

Reactions: 6
Saying ‘love you’ a few weeks in
blowing hot and cold
only wanting to know you when he wants to
his ex is a ‘nutter’
all his ex’s are ‘nutters’
he openly gawps at other women
rushing everything-I.e wants to meet the kids a few weeks in or talking about marriage after a month
gaslighting

ive dated them all!
Me too! And it was all one man! 😂
Like @LondoncailĂŹn said, if only we knew...

Me too! And it was all one man! 😂
Haha two in my case
both tossers but I’ll leave that there
i have one amazing girl four amazing boys and another daughter who’s just so lovely,cute and bloody stubborn!
dunno where she gets it from-I blame her granddad…

Sorry, I don't know why the picture has posted twice. Have tried to edit it and remove one shot, but it won't let me.

How long have you got 💀

Alcoholic, would rather go out than spend time with his child from a previous relationship.

"All my exes are pyschos"

Extremely close to their mother to the point where theres 3 in the relationship.

Peacocking in front of other girls for attention then call you jealous.

Gas lighting you for a reaction and then buying you gifts to make it "better" - anyone else ever been presented with a Michael Kors watch in Burger King?

Lying and then no remorse when they're rumbled "big deal I lied"

Only wants to spend time with you at your home and not take you out/mix with his friends.

Horrible to parents.

Openly slept with female friends.

These are spread across 4 people, I've kissed a few frogs to say the least 😂