What to do about huuuuge spider in car :(

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They can also flatten themselves to fit under doors, ffs. They aren't dangerous but they look hideous. I'm giving myself the heebie-jeebies and it's not even spider season.
Honestly as long as I don’t see them, I’m cool,

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Apparently they don’t like conkers … so when it is the season I’d gather a load and strategically place them round your car to prevent future episodes. Might give you some peace of mind.

Reactions: 2
I'm gonna disown him if he carries on. Ive been in the car with him 3 times now and each time hes made out hes seen it and ive fallen for it.
Gotta Say, I Feel For You, I'm A 6'5 Bloke And Spiders Of ANY Size Cripple Me With Absolute Fear.

• Haha
I'm gonna be that person as well.

Totally get that people are scared of spiders, but please don't kill them.

Sometimes we have to kill spiders. My friend was bitten by a white tail 11 years ago and has recurring nasty skin problems in that area still. Another mate was bitten by a redback and spent 3 weeks in hospital with necrotising fasciitis. Imagine the damage that bite could do to a child? I have black spiders in my roof that are highly toxic to cats and dogs, obviously we do everything we can to stop them getting in the house but you'd better believe I'm squishing one of them before it bites one of my pets.

One type I don't mind in the house is daddy-long-legs. They eat flies and other spiders so they can set up camp wherever they wish.

Sometimes we have to kill spiders. My friend was bitten by a white tail 11 years ago and has recurring nasty skin problems in that area still. Another mate was bitten by a redback and spent 3 weeks in hospital with necrotising fasciitis. Imagine the damage that bite could do to a child? I have black spiders in my roof that are highly toxic to cats and dogs, obviously we do everything we can to stop them getting in the house but you'd better believe I'm squishing one of them before it bites one of my pets.

One type I don't mind in the house is daddy-long-legs. They eat flies and other spiders so they can set up camp wherever they wish.
We're talking UK spiders though. There is not one good reason to kill a spider in this country.

In the UK a Daddy Longlegs isn’t a spider, it’s the common name for a Crane Fly. Just before anyone starts getting freaked out thinking that a UK Daddy Longlegs is a spider here! 😂

• Haha
One that happened to my mum is pretty bad. We moved here from Canada in the early 70s so mum had never seen a truly giant spider before. She was in a phone booth with my brother and he held the apple he was eating up to show her and said "Look, a crab on my apple!" Not a crab, kid. A massive hairy huntsman. Mum said she came close to fainting, haha.

I've walked into huge webs more times than I care to think about! My brother's cat caught a huntsman, ate the body and left the legs. I'll stop now before I traumatise anyone!
Christ, that sounds horrific. I know huntsmans move very very very fast, I saw one on Instagram where it was chasing two men stood in their kitchen and I've never seen a spider move so fast.

Christ, that sounds horrific. I know huntsmans move very very very fast, I saw one on Instagram where it was chasing two men stood in their kitchen and I've never seen a spider move so fast.
My mum always drove a Mini, she was sitting in it and pulled the sun visor down with a huntsman just chilling on it..she moved pretty fast too haha!

• Wow

Not in the UK though.

I have similar problem I have lots of cobwebs hence spiders in my carport. My hub regularly hoovers under there but they come back. Is there anything you can spray to deter spiders? Apart from being frightened of them they don’t half trap a load of butterflies, poor things.

I have similar problem I have lots of cobwebs hence spiders in my carport. My hub regularly hoovers under there but they come back. Is there anything you can spray to deter spiders? Apart from being frightened of them they don’t half trap a load of butterflies, poor things.
Try lemon oil, I use it every spring on doorways and window ledges. It's a natural deterrent as most spiders hate it and it's better for humans than chemicals.

Try lemon oil, I use it every spring on doorways and window ledges. It's a natural deterrent as most spiders hate it and it's better for humans than chemicals.
That makes a lot of sense, the dash cleaner I use in my car is lemon scented and I have a lemongrass wax warmer in my kitchen which has been spider free.