What temp do you set your thermostat on in winter?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just curious what temp others keep their heating on. Mine is on 75° (so that’s 24°C). I’m always cold and with that temp still have cozy socks on, and a hoodie too. I don’t put it lower at night either, though I know most set it to go down when they’re sleeping. Mine stays steady.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
50 (10) at night, 60 in the day but override it to 65 (18?) if someone is home. We live in a very cold climate (regularly -20c overnight and day high of -15c in Jan) and anything warmer just gets stuffy and overbearing because of not being able to open windows.

Have you had your thyroid thoroughly checked? I am always the cold one in the house with thyroid disease...

It’s set at 17.5°C and on timer so it’s not on all the time. We’re all out all day and then get home to have a hot dinner and we stay wrapped up. I can’t imagine being comfortable any warmer.
It’s been between 4-7°C outside today.

Reactions: 3
Where we live it is -36°C outside currently. Our heat is set to 19/66...we typically keep it at that all winter.

I have to say, the houses here are much better insulated than back home in the UK. When I went to visit my family this summer, I was freezing in their house.

In summer, we have it set to about 15/59 or 16/60 with air-con on.

50 (10) at night, 60 in the day but override it to 65 (18?) if someone is home. We live in a very cold climate (regularly -20c overnight and day high of -15c in Jan) and anything warmer just gets stuffy and overbearing because of not being able to open windows.

Have you had your thyroid thoroughly checked? I am always the cold one in the house with thyroid disease...
Omg! I’d be an icicle 😩😂 it’s cold where I live too. We are in the low 20’s to teens so (-6 to -9C) or so.. last night was 16° (-9)
to be fair I keep the air conditioning at the exact temp in the summer too..
Yeah my thyroid is fine. Always just been a chilly person.

It’s set at 17.5°C and on timer so it’s not on all the time. We’re all out all day and then get home to have a hot dinner and we stay wrapped up. I can’t imagine being comfortable any warmer.
It’s been between 4-7°C outside today.
Ok so about 64.. wow! That seems so cold to me! Yeah I’ve noticed a lot of people turn theirs off too. Mine from October through March is on all the time

Where we live it is -36°C outside currently. Our heat is set to 19/66...we typically keep it at that all winter.

I have to say, the houses here are much better insulated than back home in the UK. When I went to visit my family this summer, I was freezing in their house.

In summer, we have it set to about 15/59 or 16/60 with air-con on.
-31°F?!? Jesus are you up in northern Canada?! Wowza that’s cold af! Houses are definitely better insulated than in the U.K. Ok see 66 at home I’d have my hat and coat on 🤣 and 60 w the air conditioning?! Oh hell no haha 🙈 Steady 75 for me lol

Last edited:
😲 Where the heck are you? The coldest I've experienced is -30c but that was a one off bad night for here. (New England) It's been a much warmer winter so far but the usual Jan cold is hitting us this week.

Reactions: 2
😲 Where the heck are you? The coldest I've experienced is -30c but that was a one off bad night for here. (New England) It's been a much warmer winter so far but the usual Jan cold is hitting us this week.
Right?! I’m thinking northern Canada?... hell I thought when I lived in Ann Arbor was bad but the worst we got was maybe -20F (-26C) but that was with wind chill!
Ohh New England is gorgeous btw !

Western Canada. Meant to get -41 tonight. It is awful.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Right?! I’m thinking northern Canada?... hell I thought when I lived in Ann Arbor was bad but the worst we got was maybe -20F (-26C) but that was with wind chill!
Ohh New England is gorgeous btw !
That is so weird. I briefly lived in Brighton, MI before moving here. Yeh, it's friggin colder here. 😬 If you want to know where in NE, message me. :)

We have ours on 21°c. We have the heating on during the day until about 10pm and then it's off until we get up in the morning.

Reactions: 4
Mines on 73 but I don't have it on when I'm out or at night unless its snowing. :LOL:
Ok 73 I could live with haha. But not at night?! Oh no!! Hell I have to keep myself from turning it up when I go to bed! I have a pittie and a doggo Argentine mix and they get cold easily🙈🤣 so don’t turn it off when not home lol

That is so weird. I briefly lived in Brighton, MI before moving here. Yeh, it's friggin colder here. 😬 If you want to know where in NE, message me. :)
Did you?! Haha have friends still there! Will message you :)

Western Canada. Meant to get -41 tonight. It is awful.
Omfg you have my sympathy. That is horrible!

Ok 73 I could live with haha. But not at night?! Oh no!! Hell I have to keep myself from turning it up when I go to bed! I have a pittie and a doggo Argentine mix and they get cold easily🙈🤣 so don’t turn it off when not home lol

Did you?! Haha have friends still there! Will message you :)

Omfg you have my sympathy. That is horrible!
Well I have a winter duvet on my bed and blankets so I'm warm. :giggle:

We have ours set to 18.c and don't really have it on. Maybe an hour at bed time but that's it.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
This time of year it's set for 19 c when we're in during the day or evening. At night we have it set at 17 and have a small bedroom window open every night unless we have an icy wind, I struggle to sleep without fresh air 😊

Reactions: 2
19c. I hate hot homes and during the winter don't like a huge disparity between outside and inside.

So many people walk around in shorts during the winter, id rather wear a jumper and blankets. Can't be good for you.

Reactions: 5
19c. I hate hot homes and during the winter don't like a huge disparity between outside and inside.

So many people walk around in shorts during the winter, id rather wear a jumper and blankets. Can't be good for you.
Wow! But here it’s below zero (F) constantly.. that’s wayyyy too cold! Here you might wear shorts in the fall but definitely not winter. In Texas my parents run the heat maybe a couple weeks when they get a cold spurt but that’s because “winter” in TX is like 60’s lol