What temp do you set your thermostat on in winter?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
mines on 16 on the thermo timer but we do live in a new build in England it's cold outside but warm in our house...saying that my stepdad did ask when the heating would come on when he popped for a coffee today 🤣🙈
we have blankets on the sofa and the kids get there dressing gowns on in the evening.
when kids are at school I dont tend to put it on much as I'm always busy in the house

Reactions: 1
This time of year it's set for 19 c when we're in during the day or evening. At night we have it set at 17 and have a small bedroom window open every night unless we have an icy wind, I struggle to sleep without fresh air 😊
I air out the house every morning while I vacuum and make the beds etc. I hate stuffiness too in the winter but luckily our central air has a humidifier built in so when the heat is on constantly it doesn’t dry out. That’s very nice and makes a big difference.
By good god 19° That’s 66!? Way too cold for me lol
In 60° weather I’m wearing jackets 😂

I put mine to come on for a few hours in the morning between 6.30-8.30am and a few hours in the evening between 5-9.30pm, it’s set at about 21, I keep meaning to research this, is what I’m doing dumb and should it be on at a lower constant to keep the heat?

mines on 16 on the thermo timer but we do live in a new build in England it's cold outside but warm in our house...saying that my stepdad did ask when the heating would come on when he popped for a coffee today 🤣🙈
we have blankets on the sofa and the kids get there dressing gowns on in the evening.
when kids are at school I dont tend to put it on much as I'm always busy in the house
Good god!! 16?! Wth I’d be walking around w gloves, scarf, mittens, long johns .. 🤣🤣🥶

I put mine to come on for a few hours in the morning between 6.30-8.30am and a few hours in the evening between 5-9.30pm, it’s set at about 21, I keep meaning to research this, is what I’m doing dumb and should it be on at a lower constant to keep the heat?
I wonder too but when we go on vacation and the house is empty I only put it down to 70 (21) but that’s because it’s so cold outside (in my thinking) don’t want the difference to be too big. So when we get home it doesn’t have to work overtime to warm back up to my 75 🤣🙈

Mine is set to 18°C in the day and off and 10 °C at night. I'm in a new build and rarely have to put the heating on which is alien to me as pur last house was awful at keeping in heat so I always had the heating on.

Reactions: 3
Mine is set to 18°C in the day and put it at around 16°C at night at the moment. I turn it up to 20°C if I'm cold.

Reactions: 4
Same as above. I’m in the UK and am home most of the time with my baby. We have it on all the time. 17c during the day, 15 at night. We light the fire in the evenings if we get cold. I can’t stand being cold but this temp is perfect for me. My best friend is really stingy with her heating and hardly ever has it on, wears jumpers on top of jumpers. I couldn’t stand to live like that, I’d rather pay an extra £20 a month to have a warm and comfortable house. She’s really spendy with other things, I don’t understand it!

Reactions: 3
At present the temp is sitting highs of 9 and lows of 1 here in Scotland so personally we don't put the heating on until about 5pm when I'm in from work unless someone is home during the day which is rare. But after 5 we put it up to the highest heat and it stays like that until about 11pm. Sometimes if I've been cooking for ages and the house is hot I'll turn it down before then. We always turn the heating off during the night otherwise we end up waking up roasted during the night. I'm a very cold person. My office heating is set at around 26 degrees - I know this is a sauna to most but it's what is comfortable for me. I've had thyroid etc all checked, all healthy, just a really cold person. I live in an 85 year old house, so it takes ages to heat, stone walls etc.

Reactions: 2
I put it onto 25.c when I get in after work for half hour then turn it down to around 10/15.c depending on how cold it is for the rest of the evening. Turn it off to go to bed unless it’s very cold.

Mine is set to 18°C in the day and off and 10 °C at night. I'm in a new build and rarely have to put the heating on which is alien to me as pur last house was awful at keeping in heat so I always had the heating on.
Same. We live in a newbuilt and don’t even need to put the heating on upstairs. It’s set at 19 downstairs and rarely comes on, especially not now given how mild it is. It’s not on at all during the night. We hesitated a long time on whether we should go for a new built. I prefer older houses but I appreciate having such low energy usage. Silver lining and all that 😊

12 at night and my bedroom has window slightly open,
15 of a day depending if I have the tumble on then i turn it off or we turn into a sauna.

😂 I just don't see the point in keeping it on, I'd get too hot under the duvet.
Definitely this is me.. Heating off at midnight until 6 a. M This time of year..Liveing on North English coast but windy a lot. Not healthy to be hot at night in my opinion.

I find my skin dry and lips dry if i have heating on too much

(UK)
Usually have it on 22 all day and then off at night, at the moment it's on 27 as we have newborn puppies.

69*/70* F, allowing it to dip down at night. Because of the direction our house faces and our big picture windows, we get plenty of sunlight through the day and it creates a greenhouse effect in the main parts of the home, so we don't have to rely on the heater too much to get the house warm in the winter.

I just put it on if we get cold (18c). Then turn it off again when it’s warmed up. I feel like it would cost too much to run it all day long. Definitely nothing at night, we’re all cosy in our beds.

Edit to add I’m in UK

I just put it on if we get cold (18c). Then turn it off again when it’s warmed up. I feel like it would cost too much to run it all day long. Definitely nothing at night, we’re all cosy in our beds.

Edit to add I’m in UK
Wouldn't it cost more to keep turning it on and off?

Definitely this is me.. Heating off at midnight until 6 a. M This time of year..Liveing on North English coast but windy a lot. Not healthy to be hot at night in my opinion.

I find my skin dry and lips dry if i have heating on too much
It irritates my nose, goes dry and sore.i agree, it's not healthy to be hot at night.