What is your biggest regret?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish I had gone to uni and got a job I love doing. But even to this day at nearly 30 theres nothing I really want to do.
I'm in my thirties and wish I'd have gone to uni, but I had no idea what career path or course to choose then and I'm still not sure now! I have felt for years that I wasted my a levels and always feel embarrassed when I see a good friend of mine, she was not as bright as me but knew what she wanted to do and worked really hard, she now has an amazing career and I know she thinks I could have gone somewhere if I had put my mind to it! I have a beautiful family and a wonderful life but I often think about this

Reactions: 4
I wish I'd done the usual tried harder at school, been better with money, not wasted ed time on a dick ex.
But, I wish I hadn't have had a child just because it was the 'next step' expected of me... She's 15 now and I am a truly crap mother. If I knew then what I know now I would have stayed childless..
I bet that’s not true. There are no perfect mothers, we’re all just trying our best, it’s not like they give out instruction manuals when you have your kids (I wish they did 🙄).❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Not standing up for myself sooner. I’m too much of a pushover, some “family” members have treated me appallingly, I’ve cut them out of my life now but I wish I had done it sooner

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I bet that’s not true. There are no perfect mothers, we’re all just trying our best, it’s not like they give out instruction manuals when you have your kids (I wish they did 🙄).❤
Ah, thank you. It wasn't a pity post, I just genuinely don't think I am cut out for motherhood. 😐

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Ah, thank you. It wasn't a pity post, I just genuinely don't think I am cut out for motherhood. 😐
Is anybody really? Most days I feel the same, it’s so bleeping hard now, I’m actually dreading the teenage years. I have two children with additional needs, I blame myself every day for their struggles even though I know deep down that I couldn’t have done a thing to prevent them.

• Heart
I wish I’d been content on my own, I was so keen to meet someone I met right doofus men.
However when I met my husband I had given up and he just appeared.

Reactions: 6
I wish I’d been content on my own, I was so keen to meet someone I met right doofus men.
However when I met my husband I had given up and he just appeared.
See this gives me hope. I am content on my own these days, after far too many idiots.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Is anybody really? Most days I feel the same, it’s so bleeping hard now, I’m actually dreading the teenage years. I have two children with additional needs, I blame myself every day for their struggles even though I know deep down that I couldn’t have done a thing to prevent them.
Maybe not. You're right, it is really hard. She's fed / happy / loved etc, she'd never know how I feel.
You are definitely not to blame, I'm glad you know that.
I worry constantly about the future!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Sometimes i regret cutting people out of my life when i was younger for stupid reasons, and now thinking of what ifs..

Being too kind, being too soft..letting so many people walk all over me. Not sticking up for myself and learning how to say NO! Sticking in a job way longer than I should have which almost destroyed me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I regret not living at home longer and saving money and going not going to uni sooner. I'd be much better off rn.

Reactions: 1
Aww it's an incredible city. I knew it was the place for me immediately after arriving. Never had that feeling anywhere else before or since. I would feel weird even visiting there now. I miss it so much. I was Google-mapping some of the sites and showing my kids only yesterday, but my life is so different now, husband, kids etc that I think being there wouldn't be the same as it was when I was young, free and single.
Wow reading your post is like reading about my life! Haha. I have been back since, just once, it was like going back home. All the same smells sights some of the same people I hung around with. So bitter sweet. Such a special place. 💜

• Heart
Not having driving lessons when I was younger. I was so much more confident then. I'm almost 47 and in i couldn't even think about having lessons now. No confidence at all :(
Do it! A friend of mine learnt and passed at 50 and wishes she did it sooner!

It's so easy to regret alot of things. Look forward things happen or happened for a reason xx

Nor do i. I thought id be a natural, but im not. I cant really explore those feelings or ill crumble.
I’ve got 3, and every day I feel like I’m failing at motherhood. I wish I had more patience. I have one with ASD and she drains the life out of me. I love them all fiercely. But I am exhausted by them. I wish I was better.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Maybe not. You're right, it is really hard. She's fed / happy / loved etc, she'd never know how I feel.
You are definitely not to blame, I'm glad you know that.
I worry constantly about the future!
I think the mum guilt is very real. You have the basics covered and she’s happy and not being harmed, that’s all you can do. Don’t be so hard on yourself. The fact that you worry about these things at all means you’re a good mother. I doubt a bad mother would even bother, they’re usually selfish/narcissistic anyway.

What sort of things worry you about the future?

It's so easy to regret alot of things. Look forward things happen or happened for a reason xx
I really wish I could believe that, but sometimes crappy things in life just happen. No reason at all.

• Heart
Do you know I think this of myself. I’ve just had my 3rd child, he was a little surprise but I don’t see myself as a natural mum. I love them, they’re well cared for but I get bored hiding in cupboards playing hide and seek 😂
In terms of regrets I don’t regret Anything because I believe it’s led me to here which is where I’m supposed to be. I do have an ex I wish I hadn’t allowed to walk all over me but then I think it kept me busy for a while so I could be in the right place at th right time to meet my husband. I did what I wanted career wise, it’s not amazing, I’m a teacher but it’s what I wanted to do.

• Heart