What is the worst 'healthy' food you've ever made or tried?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We've probably all been there, you're trying to lose weight so you try something new hoping it will replace the bad stuff but it tastes like tit....

My bad experiences:
Iceland slimming world sausages: taste like gristle and sawdust wrapped in clingfilm.

Fopperholics wheatbran mugcakes: like chewing on a brillo pad sprinkled with sweetener.

And the worst was pu erh tea, an ancient chinese tea that apparently increases weightloss if drank after every meal.
It tastes like you went down the canal fished out a cup of water, chucked in a mouldy tea bag and let it stew in your wheelie bin for a week.

Feel free to add your experiences so we can laugh....and know what to avoid! :)

Reactions: 3
Ugh, cauliflower rice 🤢 it stank out the kitchen and tastes absolutely revolting. Not worth the calories you might save from white or brown rice to have that instead 😂 there are probably other things, but that's the one that I remember as being the worst.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Ugh, cauliflower rice 🤢 it stank out the kitchen and tastes absolutely revolting. Not worth the calories you might save from white or brown rice to have that instead 😂 there are probably other things, but that's the one that I remember as being the worst.
Roasted cauliflower is tasty. You need to put some olive oil on it though.

Reactions: 7
I agree! Cauliflower stinks. I had a real phase of making cauliflower base pizzas at one point, my food processor ended up being permanantly tainted with the odour lol
Not worth it.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Roasted cauliflower is tasty. You need to put some olive oil on it though.
I will try that once I've gotten over the horror of the cauliflower rice 🤣 I had it with a really spicy hot curry and yet it STILL managed to overpower it somehow 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I will try that once I've gotten over the horror of the cauliflower rice 🤣 I had it with a really spicy hot curry and yet it STILL managed to overpower it somehow 🤔
I also recommend roasted broccoli, and roasted brussel sprouts. I make a curried cauliflower and carrot soup from the Weelicious website which is nice and not smelly.

Reactions: 3
Those pasta/noodles made with konjac flour which are like 1 calorie each pack - the smell is like fish, seriously, don't even go there.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

Yel

Any of those sugar free sweets at the checkouts of M&S or Aldi. They play havoc with your internal organs if you eat two of them. Maltitol and sorbitol are to be avoided!

Sanpellegrino lemonade is now unpleasant since the sugar tax and they've added stevia. Anything with stevia is horrible like shloer light.

Those pasta/noodles made with konjac flour which are like 1 calorie each pack - the smell is like fish, seriously, don't even go there.
They're horrible. On of the apprentice people based her whole company around them, she didn't win, still released them and it failed.

Reactions: 5
Weight watchers... it was some sort of chicken chow mien... tasted like cardboard shavings flavoured with lemon pledge

• Haha
Baked oats. Tried a few different recipes thinking I might have done something wrong, but every one of them was the most disgusting thing I’ve ever tasted. Flat rubbery porridge omelette 🤢 - looked like it too which is why I don’t believe for a second that the ‘baked oat’ profiteroles that Claire and Amanda are always making are not real choux ones.

Konjac noodles. The ones I had had a warning on the packet that they are a choking hazard and with good reason. My ability to chew is OK but not the best in the world and they were so unyielding I felt in real danger with them. Tasteless too.

I love cauliflower though, especially curried. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I tried the SW sausages and it was just how you described it. Urgh never again!

To add: Those naked zero calories noodles - tasted so plastic and rubbery that I couldn't finish it.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
I must be mad as I love the SW sausages, but I haven't tried them recently. Only the meatballs and burgers. I must admit, they have changed the recipe/flavour and the meatballs are a little overpowering with flavourings now so maybe they changed the sausage recipe.

Crispy kale can duck right off.

And Scan Bran cake when I was part of the Slimming World cult.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Haha I've fallen for the 'bake crispy kale with salt and vinegar and they taste just like crisps' lie before..
It tasted like burnt cabbage and hate :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 17

I tried kale at a place I use to work at. It tasted so horrible I couldn't spit out or rinse my mouth with water, so I had to pretend I liked it with this horrible disgusting taste in my mouth.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I love crispy kale 😋 I think diet chef milkshakes and one or two of their meals were the worst thing I’ve tasted

Reactions: 2
I’ve tried so hard to like over night oats! I’d rather make porridge in the morning!