What is the worst 'healthy' food you've ever made or tried?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anything ww ready meal-just tasted of salt-and about 3 mouthfuls thankfully
my mother got some cup-a-soups that where 10cals per packet-you needed 20 packets just for colour-god knows how many youโ€™d need for flavour!
my daughter brought home slim fast-tasted of tears and cement
low fat cheese-rubber tyres would have had less chew and more flavour
kale is the devils food
diet biscuits-just like rock hard cardboard

Reactions: 1
We've probably all been there, you're trying to lose weight so you try something new hoping it will replace the bad stuff but it tastes like tit....

My bad experiences:
Iceland slimming world sausages: taste like gristle and sawdust wrapped in clingfilm.

Fopperholics wheatbran mugcakes: like chewing on a brillo pad sprinkled with sweetener.

And the worst was pu erh tea, an ancient chinese tea that apparently increases weightloss if drank after every meal.
It tastes like you went down the canal fished out a cup of water, chucked in a mouldy tea bag and let it stew in your wheelie bin for a week.

Feel free to add your experiences so we can laugh....and know what to avoid! :)
I love red tea / pu erh but people don't know how to brew it ๐Ÿ˜‚

Crispy kale can duck right off.
Kale, a bit of olive oil, salt and a hot oven. Yummy.

I made some brownies from sweet potatoe and cocoa....absolutely disgusting!!

• Sick
another one here ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธthat tried overnight oaks...seriously dont understand how people can eat that rubbish I dont know if I made it wrong or what but it was vile ๐Ÿ˜‚

Reactions: 3
Herbalife shakes - I lost weight because I was starving myself instead of forcing them down. Same for Juice Plus shakes. I think it might be the whey in them as even when a friend has made me a healthy smoothie with it I canโ€™t force it down, it makes me gag. Itโ€™s a powdery synthetic taste, so vile.

Banana pancakes .... I love bananas so thought ooh I'm going to be so healthy ๐Ÿคฎ just tastes like egg theyre gross

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Jack fruit as a replacement for pork in a pulled pork recipe. Recipe by The Happy Pear, normally I love everything they make but I couldnโ€™t eat it.

Agreed with the fishy konjac noodles they are horrendous.

Quark is the devil - I once made a (sort of) carbonara and it was delicious, but I was on SW so I added quark to make it creamy, whole dinner ruined and in the bin.

Protein World slender blend in vanilla flavour.. mixed with coconut milk (WTF was I thinking) it made me gag I think I lasted a week on them.

Reactions: 3
I agree with cauliflower rice - tastes like the devil's dandruff. Tofu is rank too.

I've tried quark carbonara too and it was rank.

Going against the grain but I do like overnight oats, I do a later of Greek yogurt, layer of oats and frozen blueberry. I really like it!

Also agree on banana pancakes, literally tasted like scrambled mushy banana egg.

The Deliciously Ella brownies made from sweet potatoes and dates.

I love sweet potatoes but in brownies... just no.

Haha, I said the same afew posts back ๐Ÿ˜‚
And you just know we are far from the only two :ROFLMAO:

Apart from the weird, bland taste and fibrous texture it was the fact that it cost it small fortune what with the medjool dates, maple syrup and cacao AND took bloody ages to make with a mountain of washing up to boot. Never again.