What is the pettiest thing you've ever done?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I moved out of my house & my ex moved back in I switched the boiler off (he never knew how to work the heating) I took the thermostat off the wall as well (battery operated) I also locked the shed & threw the keys away.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
In Tesco a tween was being really pushy and bolshy when I was looking at the sandwiches, she told her friend the only sandwich she likes is chicken and stuffing, on hearing this I spotted that there was only one chicken and stuffing sandwich left, so I grabbed it. Her face was an ABSOLUTE picture I will never forget. I don’t really like chicken and stuffing sandwiches but that one really tasted great that day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
My husband once phoned me at work to ask me how to open the washing machine door 🙄
I hope you said something like "you need to shout abra cadabra while standing on your head, it's the only way. Just do it until it opens, sometimes it takes a while" 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Just remembered something else I do that pretty much routine now 🙈
Everyday my husband tears the top off the cat food pouch and leaves it on the kitchen side...Next to the flaming bin!! I put it in his shoe and he moves it back to the side so I put it back in again until he eventually puts it in the bin. He's never said anything about it and still carries on leaving it on the side grrrrrrr

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I hope you said something like "you need to shout abra cadabra while standing on your head, it's the only way. Just do it until it opens, sometimes it takes a while" 😅
To be fair, it was a weird one, the whole front of the machine opened, not just the glass window bit. Even so, we'd owned the bloody thing for long enough, and I managed to work out how to open it just fine.
🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My partner and I do our own separate washing, but I also do the house stuff like towels, bedding etc. It was his suggestion when we moved in together, and having previously had two manbaby relationships, I was more than happy to agree. Also neither of us wear anything white. Ever.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My husband once asked me where his shoes were. I told him I'd put them in the shoe cupboard. "Where's the shoe cupboard?".

He occasionally does the washing but then leaves it in there to stagnate. If I stopped doing his washing I think he'd just fester in filth. He was also absolutely coddled by his mother.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My husband once asked me where his shoes were. I told him I'd put them in the shoe cupboard. "Where's the shoe cupboard?".

He occasionally does the washing but then leaves it in there to stagnate. If I stopped doing his washing I think he'd just fester in filth. He was also absolutely coddled by his mother.
I couldn’t be in a relationship like this. Just because their mother did it doesn’t mean you have to??

Reactions: 15
When I split up with my ex a few years ago, we’d been living together for 5 years, and the last year of that time he was taking me for an absolute mug - staying out all night, buggering off in the middle of the night, and so on. I finally saw sense and told him the relationship was done and asked him to move out of our flat. He moved back to his Mothers 3 days later, but in the meantime had left half of his clothes at the flat to collect at a later date. He worked for a high end German fashion brand, and there was tons of brand new items of his clothing unopened still in their packaging and I’m talking thousands and thousands of pounds worth. The day before I moved out (he was due to come back to collect the rest of his stuff once I had gone) there were builders working in the property next door to us, so I literally got all these brand new clothes, put them out in the front garden in 3 recycling bins and told the builders to help themselves. Practically everything was gone within an hour.

duck me, it felt good 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
When I split up with my ex a few years ago, we’d been living together for 5 years, and the last year of that time he was taking me for an absolute mug - staying out all night, buggering off in the middle of the night, and so on. I finally saw sense and told him the relationship was done and asked him to move out of our flat. He moved back to his Mothers 3 days later, but in the meantime had left half of his clothes at the flat to collect at a later date. He worked for a high end German fashion brand, and there was tons of brand new items of his clothing unopened still in their packaging and I’m talking thousands and thousands of pounds worth. The day before I moved out (he was due to come back to collect the rest of his stuff once I had gone) there were builders working in the property next door to us, so I literally got all these brand new clothes, put them out in the front garden in 3 recycling bins and told the builders to help themselves. Practically everything was gone within an hour.

duck me, it felt good 😉
You should have sold them and kept the money!!

Reactions: 14
I lived with someone who would never refill the ice cube tray after using the last of the ice and would just leave it on the counter for me to do, so that when I wanted a drink with ice there was none there because it hadn’t been refilled. Really minor but wound me up so much that I made ice from water that I drained out after parboiling some potatoes and they put them in their drink. Magically they started refilling the tray after that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 42
My partners brother was due to stay at ours one night. I find him really really annoying and his personal hygiene is disgusting, he will sit on the sofa next to you and have a good dig up his nose and then eat it. So the day he was due to come and stay (only lives half an hour away so doesn’t need to stay over) I poured water over the spare bed and said the cat had pissed all over the duvet / mattress so he couldn’t stay over

• Haha
Reactions: 47
My mums neighbour is a right cow and is always complaining about leaves on the driveway from the trees in my mums garden (as if my mum controls the wind). Anyway my mum called me this week, proud as punch, because she’d swept up every leaf in sight so her neighbour wouldn’t be able to complain any longer. Bless her, she truly thought she was being petty but I had to explain that she’d done exactly what the neighbour wanted 😅

She later told me that she’d swept up a whole green bin’s worth of leaves…and dumped them all in her neighbours bin 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.