What helps you have a positive mindset?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find that it is all too easy to get caught up in negative thoughts. Is there anything you do that you find helps you have more of a positive mindset?

Here are some of mine:
* I deleted Instagram from my phone, my screentime on my phone is down a lot and I find that not looking at it makes me feel better.
* I love exercising and the endorphins it gives.
* Going outside clears my mind, especially going for walks

Reactions: 3
Yoga,Walks,Journals
Eating healthier, Herbal tea & Candles (Aromatherapy ones).
Most importantly...Meditation!

These are things that help me :)
Have a v v stressful life, plus depression and anxiety so I struggle a lot.. feel like a mouse on a wheel to try and get the balance right x

Reactions: 3
Yoga,Walks,Journals
Eating healthier, Herbal tea & Candles (Aromatherapy ones).
Most importantly...Meditation!

These are things that help me :)
Have a v v stressful life, plus depression and anxiety so I struggle a lot.. feel like a mouse on a wheel to try and get the balance right x
Ooh, I used to bullet journal and I found that it really helped. I should start it up again.

I also suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and have since I was a teen. I find it so much worse in winter. I think it is the dark days.

Do you use an app for meditation?

Reactions: 2
I’ve taken off my emails, Instagram on my phone. I would find myself not only scrolling through IG like a maniac but also checking work emails way too much. I made it a point when off work, I’m done. It’s me time.
I walk the dogs good long walks (well my pittie is 12 so he can’t walk far but I bought him a wagon so he can come with us) so we walk for at least an hour twice a day. In the morning before work and in the evening.
The fresh air is amazing. We live 20mins from the mountains so going there every week helps me a lot too. The mountains are my calm place.
I made time to read again, I’m an avid reader but let that go for too long.
And I knit, somehow keeping my hands busy helps keep my mind calm.

Reactions: 5
I find that sticking to a daily routine helps. If I can stick to my schedule and be productive, especially if I had a good day of writing, I feel much better by the end of the day. I don’t do all these religiously, but my positivity go-tos are meditation (Oprah and Deepak Chopra have quite a few good ones, and also every few months they do a free 21 meditations, worth a try), qigong or yoga, playing/walking my dog, being organised (I use Todoist) and having a clean, clutter-free environment. I also like gardening and indoor plants, walks on the beach and reading fiction. And singing, if my voice is up to it.

Reactions: 1
For me it's
1. Going for walks, even if I don't feel like it I feel better for doing so.
2. Having something to look forward to even if it's just looking forward to watching tv with my husband tonight.
3. Going to bed and getting up at the same time every day, I have struggled a lot with insomnia in the past and this helps me get enough sleep.
4. Writing things down, I do need lists otherwise I can get overwhelmed and stressed.
5. Chatting to a friend, even if it's just messaging someone over facebook messenger.
6. Going for a drive, not environmentally friendly but really lifts my mood!
7. Listening to music can sometimes work but not always.

Reactions: 1
I find getting up early and making my bed as soon as I wake up sets my mind right for the day, make you feel like you’ve achieved something right away lol. Getting my clothes and bag ready the night before makes such a difference to the morning as well. Writing down goal and positive messages in my notebook. Exercise is an obvious one. Going for a long walk on my own with my headphones on and my favourite music really helps. And I try to direct my thoughts throughout the day to gratitude.

Ooh, I used to bullet journal and I found that it really helped. I should start it up again.

I also suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and have since I was a teen. I find it so much worse in winter. I think it is the dark days.

Do you use an app for meditation?
Yes the Dark doesn’t help, make sure you’re getting a Vit D supplement I found that I feel better when I do.
I use Calm, I think it’s like £40 a year for the premium but I use it everyday and it’s a god send for me. I prefer it over Headspace.

Good question. Mine are....

The countryside I love being outdoors and getting some fresh air
Reminding myself of the phrase 'count your blessings'.
Making time for myself.
Reading a cosy novel.