What has happened to Instagram?!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nu skin.
Omg I can’t cope - this overpriced shite being peddled at every opportunity by seemingly everyone on instagram! The mud mask looks like it ruins your skin and brings out loads of spots. Do people actually buy this stuff?

Yes x100!

It makes me angry to see "influencers" prompting this tit when they haven't got a clue about the ingredients or science behind it.

Reactions: 1
Well, I went to school with a fair few of the more ‘well known insta mums’ from the south west area, and to be honest... they have come from some serious money! I find it soul destroying to see them get gifted/ Ad all of these household items, furniture, holidays when quite frankly they can afford to buy it themselves!! I just unfollow them all now because I don’t wish to be another follower for their constant product promotion!
While I appreciate Instagram is one of the most modern and well used forms of advertising today, I find it so irritating that women that are often from wealthy backgrounds are being paid to do very little, while there are probably lots of poorer families out there that could benefit massively from the odd freebie!

I agree, it’s gross. Especially hate when wealthy instagrammers post a screenshot of a product and tag the store alongside some comment like “this is so beautiful” or even something I saw the other day - “roll on payday!”. It’s so awkward and embarrassing, like either contact the seller directly and negotiate a #gifted deal or better yet PAY for what you want!

Also I notice a lot of instamums reselling their #gifted baby clothes when they no longer fit... I feel like that should definitely be a case of holding raffles for charity instead of grabbing every last penny you can for yourself
Yes I have also noticed lots of instamums reselling their gifted items, I would assume the products are not worth buying then haha!!

Reactions: 3
Couldn’t agree more. So if you can’t hook a footballer, the goal is to be an “influencer”?! These girls are clones of each other, with their ridiculous eyelashes, contouring, free clothes and their houses all done in 50 shades of grey!

Reactions: 3