What has happened to Instagram?!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is any body else unfollowing accounts every day because of the greed of some instagramers accounts ? Wouldn’t it be nice instead of them keeping items all the time they gave away to some other accounts , or held a £1 raffle with the proceeds going to a charity , or gave them away in a competition ?
The only time they hold competitions is when the company’s they are gifted from give them items for a competition , it’s just take ,take ,take .

Reactions: 15
Definitely! Seems like big accounts can't possibly spend their own money on days out or new things so they hint or beg for it.

Reactions: 3
Is any body else unfollowing accounts every day because of the greed of some instagramers accounts ? Wouldn’t it be nice instead of them keeping items all the time they gave away to some other accounts , or held a £1 raffle with the proceeds going to a charity , or gave them away in a competition ?
The only time they hold competitions is when the company’s they are gifted from give them items for a competition , it’s just take ,take ,take .
Spot on! Love your name 😂👌🏻

Reactions: 4
Housebuild & Berkshire.build are the biggest beggars ( no surprise they have threads)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I agree, it’s gross. Especially hate when wealthy instagrammers post a screenshot of a product and tag the store alongside some comment like “this is so beautiful” or even something I saw the other day - “roll on payday!”. It’s so awkward and embarrassing, like either contact the seller directly and negotiate a #gifted deal or better yet PAY for what you want!

Also I notice a lot of instamums reselling their #gifted baby clothes when they no longer fit... I feel like that should definitely be a case of holding raffles for charity instead of grabbing every last penny you can for yourself

Reactions: 6
I can’t stand the begging on stories 😳🙄 embarrassing but I’d love to be in their position because no one would turn down gifted items of their choice... I know I wouldn’t! Unfortunately I’ll never be in that position but it’s nice to dream!

I completely agree with the sentiment of this. The OTT big-ticket items which are gifted have quite the opposite effect on me, and make me actively avoid the brand. I’d much rather see some lovely garden furniture go to a family with a nice garden who could never in a million years afford to just splash out £2k on it, rather than it going to someone who could clearly more easily afford it. I get that brands want to be associated with ‘aspirational’ instagrammers who clearly have nice houses and spaces to showcase the product, but at what cost to their brand?

Reactions: 7
I completely agree with the sentiment of this. The OTT big-ticket items which are gifted have quite the opposite effect on me, and make me actively avoid the brand. I’d much rather see some lovely garden furniture go to a family with a nice garden who could never in a million years afford to just splash out £2k on it, rather than it going to someone who could clearly more easily afford it. I get that brands want to be associated with ‘aspirational’ instagrammers who clearly have nice houses and spaces to showcase the product, but at what cost to their brand?
Wish I could give this a thousand likes 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍. Wouldn’t it be great to see a struggling family with hardly any money being gifted items ❤

Reactions: 8
I’ve been really put off recently - the #ads/#gifted stuff that seems to be on so many posts, the conspicuous consumption of some people, the ‘in going to be really into the environment from now on’ that you know means a collaboration with some eco brand 🙄🙄

I’m following the PTWM thread and that’s really opened my eyes to how easy it is to mislead people on insta (and other social media) - I’ve been deleting the people who just get on my (.)(.)’s tooooo much and starting to be way more selective about who I follow/allow to follow me 😕

Oh, and these 19yr olds who are contoured/coloured/fake as duck setting themselves up as having perfect lives 😂 Chlos_world for example; fake hair, eyelashes, tons of make up and every picture is an affiliate to another mini shirt dress, intermingled with ‘off plan’ and ‘I’m so fat’ videos - plus another ‘ask me anything’ - tempting to write ‘why are such a twit?’ 😂
Hahaha I made a thread on that chav

I am on the same page as you all. Infuriating. Instagram has been full on ruined by this. You actually never know if you’re being coaxed or not cos half of the “INFLUENCERS” don’t declare a bleeping thing. “Celeb” accounts are the worst for flogging bullshit like those carfumes.
Carfume is actually really good 🙈

Reactions: 1
I just unfollowed all the big accounts that were bugging me. Suddenly my feed is full of smaller accounts I’d been overlooking 🙌

I can’t believe I’d been sucked into thinking that £90+ dresses on maternity leave, Ercol furniture, 3 holidays a year and designer kids clothes were the norm 🤦‍♀️.

Reactions: 6
I just unfollowed all the big accounts that were bugging me. Suddenly my feed is full of smaller accounts I’d been overlooking 🙌

I can’t believe I’d been sucked into thinking that £90+ dresses on maternity leave, Ercol furniture, 3 holidays a year and designer kids clothes were the norm 🤦‍♀️.
Don't feel bad its easily done.
I have to admit i havent been sucked into buying things they suggest as im not a nww mum.
However rewind to having 1st born which was pre insta and postnatal depression i realise i may well have been.
I have cut following in half and now see more interesting feed.
No holiday this year for us and 2nd hand or primark clothes.

Reactions: 2
I am part of a plus size clothes selling group on FB and there was an ‘influencer’ selling all the gifted items from big brands saying only worn once for picture. I’ve been so naive in the past thinking people actually use the stuff their given. Such a waste!

Reactions: 4
Don't feel bad its easily done.
I have to admit i havent been sucked into buying things they suggest as im not a nww mum.
However rewind to having 1st born which was pre insta and postnatal depression i realise i may well have been.
I have cut following in half and now see more interesting feed.
No holiday this year for us and 2nd hand or primark clothes.

I haven’t been sucked into buying anything, just been sucked into the feeling that what I have isn’t enough. Luckily I was prob just shattered that day, and my 4 kids (and no nanny) brought me back down to earth 😂

Oh my word, nothing winds me up more on Instagram than seeing those girls on their stories doing a ‘chemical peel’ or making themselves look like Shrek putting that mask on? It’s really toxic stuff for skin, HOW is this company getting away with it? I’ve even seen some of the women promoting it develop worse skin than before they trialled the products. I’m really fed up of it! It makes me cringe so much. What’s even worse is the ones who post about being a ‘gold representative’ or they’ve made a bonus overnight?! What is this?! Get a proper job and work like the rest of us! I’ve unfollowed so many people who I used to love following because of this stupid fad!

Ugh, ugh, ugh.

“wow I’ve just seen my pay check for this month and I’ve been able to buy a Land Rover, pay off my mortgage and book 3 holidays” when in reality they’re still living at home with their parents driving a Renault Clio, hilarious 🤣🤣🤣