What do you wear instead of jeans?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
During the last year I have come to the realisation that I hate jeans. They’re uncomfortable to wear and don’t particularly suit my figure - they make my bum look even flatter than it is (not blessed in that dept 😂) and enhance the look of my ‘gunt’ (sadly blessed there, wish I could move it to the back!)

I call them ‘leg prisons’ now!

As a substitute I’ve been wearing:

- Plain or patterned trousers either with elasticated waists, or at least 5% elastane in the material
- Leggings or tights with dresses/long tops
- Midi skirts with simple tops/T-shirts/jumpers and causal shoes or boots

Hope this helps a little! Jeans can get in the bin as far as I’m concerned 🗑

Reactions: 4
During the last year I have come to the realisation that I hate jeans. They’re uncomfortable to wear and don’t particularly suit my figure - they make my bum look even flatter than it is (not blessed in that dept 😂) and enhance the look of my ‘gunt’ (sadly blessed there, wish I could move it to the back!)

I call them ‘leg prisons’ now!

As a substitute I’ve been wearing:

- Plain or patterned trousers either with elasticated waists, or at least 5% elastane in the material
- Leggings or tights with dresses/long tops
- Midi skirts with simple tops/T-shirts/jumpers and causal shoes or boots

Hope this helps a little! Jeans can get in the bin as far as I’m concerned 🗑
This is a huge help, I just need inspiration! I think midi skirts with a plain top may well be the way to go, can’t hurt to get a bit of air to my legs either 😂

Pre-covid, I mostly wore jeans, or dresses with tights occasional. Skirts and jumpers for work... now, I’m wfh and I wear leggings. If I’m exercising that evening I’ll wear gym leggings if not, just normal ones.

yes, I have become a slob 😂

Pre-covid, I mostly wore jeans, or dresses with tights occasional. Skirts and jumpers for work... now, I’m wfh and I wear leggings. If I’m exercising that evening I’ll wear gym leggings if not, just normal ones.

yes, I have become a slob 😂
No judgement, me too 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
In the words of Regina George “sweatpants are all that fit me right now” 😢

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I tend to wear dresses with tights and boots. Some of my summer dresses I can get away with in winter with tights and boots if I stick a chunky cardigan over the top.
I'll sometimes wear leggings, but only if I'm wearing a long top that covers my bum.
Like somebody else suggested I also love a midi skirt/dress with tights and boots.

I think ASOS would be a good bet for you because they stock all the usuals like river island ect and they have such a huge range of brands you can browse it all in the one place and get some ideas too. I’m in Ireland and having no problems with ASOS due to brexit because they ship from a warehouse in the EU. The Netherlands I think my last parcel came from! Hope that helps ☺

I think ASOS would be a good bet for you because they stock all the usuals like river island ect and they have such a huge range of brands you can browse it all in the one place and get some ideas too. I’m in Ireland and having no problems with ASOS due to brexit because they ship from a warehouse in the EU. The Netherlands I think my last parcel came from! Hope that helps ☺
Oh thank you for the tip, I didn’t even think of ASOS, of course 🙌🏻 Now this could be dangerous 😂

I never, ever wear jeans.. I live in dresses/skirts and tights... I feel really self conscious in jeans. Would love to wear jeans though and feel nice in them. Just I always feel like a flump. haha

• Heart
This is such good inspo to wear dresses / skirts and tights! I just wear jeans and a jumper all the time now and am so sick of it. Pre Covid I wore skirts to work all the time - sounds silly but it never occurred to me to wear them in the house, which is mad! Thank you all xx

ETA another pancake ass over here 🙋‍♀️😂

This is such good inspo to wear dresses / skirts and tights! I just wear jeans and a jumper all the time now and am so sick of it. Pre Covid I wore skirts to work all the time - sounds silly but it never occurred to me to wear them in the house, which is mad! Thank you all xx

ETA another pancake ass over here 🙋‍♀️😂
Me too! It’s nice to see so many people simply where dresses and skirts rather than relying on jeans, made me realise I’m really stuck in a rut.

I live in my skinnies but I’ve branched out to straight leg jeans - they’re a bit comfier. I like skirts/dresses but just haven’t felt the need to wear them.

Reactions: 2
Those of you who do wear jeans, where do you get your skinnies from? I recently bought some contour jeans from Tesco which so far I'm really loving but I wondered if there was any others you could recommend?

Those of you who do wear jeans, where do you get your skinnies from? I recently bought some contour jeans from Tesco which so far I'm really loving but I wondered if there was any others you could recommend?
I get mine from Next, I really like them and they’re long lasting too. Also not expensive.

• Heart
I like Next ones which have no zip and are high waisted. I suppose a bit thinner than normal jeans, maybe more like a jegging, but very comfy.

I wish I was cool enough to wear skirts around the house. I like midi skirts for work, but I feel like I look an idiot wearing them normally 🙈i have no idea why!

I like Next ones which have no zip and are high waisted. I suppose a bit thinner than normal jeans, maybe more like a jegging, but very comfy.

I wish I was cool enough to wear skirts around the house. I like midi skirts for work, but I feel like I look an idiot wearing them normally 🙈i have no idea why!
I'll definitely take a look at Next, I've heard good things, not only on this thread! Thanks!

I'm with you on feeling a bit of an idiot, I still do feel a bit silly when I wear a midi skirt or midi dress sometimes. I don't know why either, I just do! However, I'm learning to ignore it as they're really comfortable to wear and don't push on the tummy etc like jeans sometimes can.

I wear pencil skirts, black, beige and leather effect. I like to team them up with a shirt, heels and a necklace.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
When I lived in Spain I got a lot of clothes from h&m and Zara. I’m similar age and same size. I’m a Jean hater. I tend to wear dresses/skirts with tights & boots in winter. Then I have some nice culotte style trousers from Zara in a few neutral colours (which go with everything) and can be dressed up or down. I also love a jumpsuit 😄

When I lived in Spain I got a lot of clothes from h&m and Zara. I’m similar age and same size. I’m a Jean hater. I tend to wear dresses/skirts with tights & boots in winter. Then I have some nice culotte style trousers from Zara in a few neutral colours (which go with everything) and can be dressed up or down. I also love a jumpsuit 😄
I love Zara but again I never feel cool enough to wear their clothes, maybe I just need to bite the bullet and get on with it 😂

I feel like this too! Because I normally wear jeans, on the rare occasion I do wear a midi skirt I get a lot of “ooh look at you all dressed up where you off to?” 😂

I’m pregnant and just getting to the point now where my jeans are uncomfortable. Been looking at dresses on ASOS as an alternative for when I do have somewhere to go, maybe once we’re out of lockdown people won’t have seen me for so long they’ll forget I lived in jeans and dresses won’t look so dressy!

• Haha