What do you wear instead of jeans?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like this too! Because I normally wear jeans, on the rare occasion I do wear a midi skirt I get a lot of “ooh look at you all dressed up where you off to?” 😂

I’m pregnant and just getting to the point now where my jeans are uncomfortable. Been looking at dresses on ASOS as an alternative for when I do have somewhere to go, maybe once we’re out of lockdown people won’t have seen me for so long they’ll forget I lived in jeans and dresses won’t look so dressy!
I’ve been so lucky that the majority of my later pregnancy has been during this lockdown. I am loving dungarees. I swore I wouldn’t wear any jeans this time as they never feel comfy and always seem to slip down, and I got some denim dungarees from m&s (which now look silly as my bump is so massive!) but also super cheap jersey ones from boohoo which have been SOOO comfy. Although neither of those can be considered dressy so maybe no help to you!

Reactions: 2
I’ve been so lucky that the majority of my later pregnancy has been during this lockdown. I am loving dungarees. I swore I wouldn’t wear any jeans this time as they never feel comfy and always seem to slip down, and I got some denim dungarees from m&s (which now look silly as my bump is so massive!) but also super cheap jersey ones from boohoo which have been SOOO comfy. Although neither of those can be considered dressy so maybe no help to you!
I’ve seen some jersey ones on boohoo actually, I might give them a go! To be honest I probably won’t be going out anywhere dressy anyway - the next thing we have planned is going to see my boyfriends family which is always a long day and I can’t bear the thought of having to sit there in tight jeans digging into me all day 😂

Reactions: 1
I’ve since bought some midi dresses and worn them with a chunky cardigan over the top or a denim jacket when going out. Feels so nice to not be relying on jeans.

Reactions: 4
I’ve since bought some midi dresses and worn them with a chunky cardigan over the top or a denim jacket when going out. Feels so nice to not be relying on jeans.
Can I ask what footwear you wear when wearing a midi dress? (That’s a lot of the word wear!) I feel like unless I wear heels with them I look dumpy and a bit odd. I’m not short, and I’m average build, but I just am never sure what footwear goes with them

Can I ask what footwear you wear when wearing a midi dress? (That’s a lot of the word wear!) I feel like unless I wear heels with them I look dumpy and a bit odd. I’m not short, and I’m average build, but I just am never sure what footwear goes with them
Absolutely....I alternate between two pairs of shoes, I wear either a plain white pair of converse or these new Veja trainers I just bought. I try to make sure my dress has an element of white in it, so it matches a bit but I think a white trainer is a really good fit (I may be so wrong) 😂
D7C95756-C63C-433B-9BE9-BB1F96E9442B.png
2CFEAB7C-714F-4363-A7C8-6D2178879ABD.png

I think this is a great look....
0EC7C72E-C456-475D-A144-1FA332442F71.jpeg

Absolutely....I alternate between two pairs of shoes, I wear either a plain white pair of converse or these new Veja trainers I just bought. I try to make sure my dress has an element of white in it, so it matches a bit but I think a white trainer is a really good fit (I may be so wrong) 😂View attachment 492436View attachment 492437

I think this is a great look....
View attachment 492443
Thank you! Love that outfit in the last pic! I have some white converse so will have to give that a go (when I’m not 35 weeks pregnant 🤣- I’m hoping to update my wardrobe for the summer!)

• Heart
Thank you! Love that outfit in the last pic! I have some white converse so will have to give that a go (when I’m not 35 weeks pregnant 🤣- I’m hoping to update my wardrobe for the summer!)
Oooh congratulations! I usually put my white converse in the wash because they get filthy so quick and then clean the rubber on them with jif/cif and then I used to wear with a dress from Oasis. But I find the quality isn’t great since their financial issues last year so I can definitely recommend new look for affordable tea dresses.