What do you want to rant about today?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I live near a centre for children needing respite care / disability day care, the communal garden backs out onto my garden. I work from home most of the time and never usually have an issue, but sometimes when they’re out in the garden they’re really really loud- like screaming, waiting, yelling things really loud. There’s literally nowhere in my house I can go to escape it- I just have to work through it/be on mute as much as possible when it happens. I feel like a complete an utter nob saying anything/ moaning about it but I just really wanted to get it off my chest.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I live near a centre for children needing respite care / disability day care, the communal garden backs out onto my garden. I work from home most of the time and never usually have an issue, but sometimes when they’re out in the garden they’re really really loud- like screaming, waiting, yelling things really loud. There’s literally nowhere in my house I can go to escape it- I just have to work through it/be on mute as much as possible when it happens. I feel like a complete an utter nob saying anything/ moaning about it but I just really wanted to get it off my chest.
Noise cancelling headphones??

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Noise cancelling headphones??
Genius! Thank you. Can’t believe I didn’t think of that, I wear them all the time in the office 😂
Think I just need a word with myself today. You know when other things just make a bit of an inconvenience seem way more than it is?

Genius! Thank you. Can’t believe I didn’t think of that, I wear them all the time in the office 😂
Think I just need a word with myself today. You know when other things just make a bit of an inconvenience seem way more than it is?
Sometimes the stress of a ongoing situation stops you seeing a way out. Its only after they you think Why the hell didn't I do this or that. 😂 Fingers crossed it works

Went to pay for an item with PayPal, asked me to type in the security code they sent. A 4 digit number to go in a 6 digit box WTF :mad:

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Went to pay for an item with PayPal, asked me to type in the security code they sent. A 4 digit number to go in a 6 digit box WTF :mad:
Just a thought but are you sure it wasn’t a six digit number sent from a 4 digit one ? I ask because I’ve received texts while using PayPal and I’ve got the number they send from and the security number confused before

Reactions: 2
Working my absolute tits off for 8 hours, 5 days a week. Incompetent piece of tit boss. And the part timer Princess who shows up when it suits, because she has a child! Seriously....duck off ...Her own words, not there for the money, there to pass time, something different. duck OFF.......anyway count to 10, deep breaths...sleep, wake and repeat 🤪🤪😄

Reactions: 5
Booked time off over a month ago for today and tomorrow only to be called at 8:30 this morning for my boss to ask where I am and the reports haven't been done.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Me and my partner of 10 years have quite an unconventional relationship, living 90 miles apart and only seeing each other every couple of weeks. It's not ideal but it works. We do want to live together but there are barriers preventing it at the moment. I'm sick of people though who barely know us giving their opinion about how we *should* be living, how we won't be compatible when we move in as we've hardly spent any time together etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Me and my partner of 10 years have quite an unconventional relationship, living 90 miles apart and only seeing each other every couple of weeks. It's not ideal but it works. We do want to live together but there are barriers preventing it at the moment. I'm sick of people though who barely know us giving their opinion about how we *should* be living, how we won't be compatible when we move in as we've hardly spent any time together etc.
I know a couple who lived apart all during the working week because of his job. Now that they are retired, they live perfectly happily in two different parts of the country a lot of the time.

Sounds ideal to me, tbh. Ignore anyone who is trying to force their opinion on you, say something meaningless in return. I have a few friends whose partners live a distance away, in one case, overseas. They are happy as can be.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This sounds perfect!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I know a couple who lived apart all during the working week because of his job. Now that they are retired, they live perfectly happily in two different parts of the country a lot of the time.

Sounds ideal to me, tbh. Ignore anyone who is trying to force their opinion on you, say something meaningless in return. I have a few friends whose partners live a distance away, in one case, overseas. They are happy as can be.
I don't really see it as being any different to couples where one half works away, at least we get to see each other regularly. People say "oh but when you're together you go for weekends away or you go on holiday, you won't get on if you're living together all the time." I've lost count of the number of times people have said to me they went on holiday with their other halves and fell out because they were drinving each other mad!

Reactions: 4
New thread

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.