What do you want to rant about today? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like I haven't really achieved anything over 2022 🙇🏽‍♀️ I got a promotion but that's it. Now seeing everyone post about getting engaged and having babies and buying houses I feel a bit flat. Fully aware comparison is the thief of joy
Ah I feel you. I feel like my life is at a standstill at the moment and 2022 was such a meh year for me. I struggled to think of anything I’ve “achieved”, meanwhile everyone around me seems to have done amazing things all year. By the way, I would say a promotion is a pretty big achievement, so congrats to that 🥂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thing is it’s already a 1hr 20 min drive I’m having to add an extra 20 mins on to pick them up, I’m 37 weeks pregnant my backs breaking so it’s the last thing I need. And his brother lives closer so would make more sense for him to pick them up, I said this and my other half is like oh but she wants to come with us! WTAF? I get they’ve got no other way of getting there if one of us doesn’t drive them but at the same time they’ve taken the piss that much now I’m of the mindset it’s not my problem, one of them should get off their arse and learn to drive!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I feel like I haven't really achieved anything over 2022 🙇🏽‍♀️ I got a promotion but that's it. Now seeing everyone post about getting engaged and having babies and buying houses I feel a bit flat. Fully aware comparison is the thief of joy
Who gives a shiny about other people's braggy posts. The reality is probably not quite so enviable.
You survived 2022, that's an achievement to celebrate 🥳and onwards and upwards to a positive ,successful ,healthy and fulfilling 2023 x

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve always found that people who don’t drive are completely oblivious to how much of an inconvenience it is to have to pick them up and drop them off every time you go anywhere. They’ve never had to do it, so they can’t relate. One of my friends is the same. We’re in our 30s and he has never so much as looked into learning to drive, but if we’re going somewhere as a group, he’ll happily let me drive 30 minutes out of my way to pick him up from his front door (and he’s NEVER ready at the time I tell him I’ll be there either 🙄) and doesn’t offer a penny for fuel or parking, whereas my driver friends always do. It’s an ongoing nuisance.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thing is it’s already a 1hr 20 min drive I’m having to add an extra 20 mins on to pick them up, I’m 37 weeks pregnant my backs breaking so it’s the last thing I need. And his brother lives closer so would make more sense for him to pick them up, I said this and my other half is like oh but she wants to come with us! WTAF? I get they’ve got no other way of getting there if one of us doesn’t drive them but at the same time they’ve taken the piss that much now I’m of the mindset it’s not my problem, one of them should get off their arse and learn to drive!
Wow they need to sort themselves out then! Sounds like you live furthest away.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.