What do you feed your cats?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random I know... but since I had my cats two years (Had them from kittens) I’ve wondered if I am feeding them right .. the guidelines are so confusing and everyone says different!
They have a daily bowl of dry food (whiskas) which is there 24/7 and filled up when it’s looking a bit low... Maizie has three pouches a day of gourmet as she’s food driven and will beg where as Casper likes to pretend to be a stray he goes out 6am and wonders back around 8/9 only once I call him so I give him two pouches at once and he gobbles that up then has a good go on the dry food before going to bed!! Does this sound about right sometimes I get worried about it :-/ I know it sounds stupid ... what do you guys feed yours?

My 8 year old cat has a pouch in the morning and one in the evening. She pretty hefty so I don’t give her more even though she would want it. She only eats meat in gravy pouches and turns her nose up at anything else! I do spoil her though and it’s her birthday tomorrow so she’ll get a tin of tuna for a treat haha 😻

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I give my two cats three pouches between them over the course of the day, plus dry food which I top up as needed. They are outside a lot of the day and only come back to eat.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I have stopped leaving biscuits out all the time as I find it made my cat too fussy. Never really got hungry enough maybe.
I buy the gravy pouches - one a day but he mainly licks off the gravy and wastes the "meat"
I also buy supermarket value frozen fish (pollock - not Basa he refuses to touch Basa and so do I) -
£2 per bag it works out cheaper than cat food.
I cook it from frozen - cover with water and takes around 15 mins. he absoutely loves it and waits for it every teatime. As soon as hears the oven going on he is there like a shot waiting patiently. Precious boy as you see 😻

• Heart
My cat, who is nearly 13, used to have 3 pouches of wet food a day plus biscuits if she wanted them (they are always available but she doesn't eat them every day) and occasional extras like a small amount of tuna. However, at the moment we are feeding her on demand as she has suspected hyperthyroidism and has lost a lot of weight over the last year, despite having a very good appetite. The vet is keeping an eye on her and will start treatment once her blood tests come back at the point where treatment is indicated. Anyway, I've gone off at a tangent - what you are feeding your cats sounds perfectly fine to me. Your Casper could be a Six Dinners Sid on the sly .... 😁

• Heart
Wow now I feel mean. Our cat gets one pouch a day plus unlimited access to his dryed food (which he doesnt seem fussed with) I always thought it was meant to be one pouch a day. He would gobble more if I gave him I'm sure

Wow now I feel mean. Our cat gets one pouch a day plus unlimited access to his dryed food (which he doesnt seem fussed with) I always thought it was meant to be one pouch a day. He would gobble more if I gave him I'm sure
our cat gets the same. We give her biscuits which we soak in water cos she has no teeth...and then split one pouch across the day for her. sometimes they’ll just Eat for the sake of it - ours definitely would!!

My cat is 10 and she gets about half a dish of dry food in the morning, the same for lunch and then wet pouch for dinner. I’ll give her a few little dreamies before I go to bed. She’s quite a little thing, but a perfect weight according to the vet. It’s so easy to overfeed cats but they don’t really need THAT much.

• Heart
We used to feed 2 pouches per cat per day plus biscuits (one bowl for multiple cats) . Plus an occasional John West Tuna in spring water or some turkey /chicken breast as a treat. And occasional Dreamies.

Our cats like felix the most, but Covid forced us to get whatever so they eat sainsburys flakes now.

Anyway, we reduced the pouches to about a pouch per day per cat, because they kept leaving food behind.

We try to stick to the same brand of wet food, but we give them various brands of biscuits.

My cat is 10 and she gets about half a dish of dry food in the morning, the same for lunch and then wet pouch for dinner. I’ll give her a few little dreamies before I go to bed. She’s quite a little thing, but a perfect weight according to the vet. It’s so easy to overfeed cats but they don’t really need THAT much.
One of my cats mastered begging. She meows and looks us deep into the eyes. Bloody heartbreaking. She's petite and fussy though.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have 2 cats they are fed wet morning and tea time on gourmet cat meat so 2 packets a day each. They also have 2 bowls of dried left out one with go cat the other with perfect fit. I have tried them on different meat and biscuits but they are fussy little gits 😁 female is 4 and male is 10 and they also hate Each other 😂😂

• Heart
Mine (he’s 8 months) has half a pouch in the morning and a full pouch at night. He’s got a bowl of dry food always out and he gets treats throughout the day too

• Heart
We have 2 cats (2&4) one will only eat dry food and the other will only eat wet 😂
We use Nature's Menu, 2 pouches a day and just leave dry food out all the time

• Heart
My cat is 17 and she gets a bowl of biscuits & a tin of the pate type food per day plus cat treats.

• Heart
We have 3 cats who have dry food left for them 24/7 but they eat barely any wet food. It’s a miracle if we can get them to each one pouch between them a day. That’s mostly the reason we free feed the wet food. I’m not that concerned though. We’ve had them since the day they were born and they just prefer the dry biscuits. They are also incredibly fussy with wet foot. They will eat just about any dry biscuits we buy (they love Hills Science Plan) but despite us trying some extremely expensive wet foods they will only eat Sheba.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
i feel even meaner! My cat has hypoallergenic dry food as he has stomach issues and I have to go by what’s on the back of the packet so he gets 35g twice a day! And that’s it!

Half a pouch at breakfast
Half the rest at lunch
A full pouch in the evening

We use Felix and initially were giving 3 full pouches a day because that's what it said in the box but when we went to the vets, the cats were over weight so I have reduced to 2 pouches a day as above.

But the MITHERING for food is incessant 😫 I don't want to do dry as well because that's a meal in itself? And I'm so worried about over feeding now.

One cat is a house cat and never goes out (her choice) and the other does go out but not far.

• Heart
I feel mean too my baby gets even less than yours! He has unlimited dried kibble and 1/2 of a wet pouch a day
1/4 early morning and 1/4 evening. He gets raw chicken or a bit of ham when I’m cooking but will sit by his cupboard if he wants more

he is usually fussy but I’ve given him about a table spoon of whatever wet I managed to get before lockdown and that’s all, sorry! There’s a crisis babe
He’s 12 and the vet said his teeth are perfect

• Heart
Thanks for all your replies guys that’s reassured me :) and for the people saying they feel mean.... don’t :) at least your cat is fed, loved and has a home! I know lots of people who do just the dry food which is partly why I wondered if I was spoiling them & I wish I started mine on less wet food tbh! But there used of it now 😂 expensive! Have to get a box every three days or so! much love all xx

Hills urinary food for my two ragdolls as they have both had blockages due a to build up of crystals in their urine. I offer royal canin persian pouches once a day as they are a pâté consistency.

• Heart