Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChilliBean

VIP Member
I don't watch much netflix to have a top 3 but I absolutely adore The Haunting of Hill House.. can't wait for the next series!

Reactions: 5

Veronica

Chatty Member
Don't watch a lot on Netflix to be honest - it's more my OH's thing as I have so much real life crime stuff to occupy my time and there are just not enough hours in the day for everything - but I loved....

Unbelievable
Black Spot (I can't get enough French crime drama)

There's a new Belgian drama called Into The Night coming soon that I definitely want to watch.

I have also been meaning to start Ozark as I've fancied Jason Bateman since 1987 😂

I also want to see When They See Us to see if it really is that good (annoyed me that it seemed steal Chernobyl's thunder which was one of the most engrossing things I've ever watched) and not just 'woke'.
You need to see when they see us. Unbelievable given that it is a true story! It's compelling.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
The Good Witch,
Jane the virgin,
Shitts Creek

oh and the Gilmore Girls, minus that tragic reboot they came back with.

• Heart

Horatio

VIP Member
Ozarks, Stranger things, Top of the Lake
Ozark is so underrated! The first series is brilliant though I was disappointed with the second. I’m hoping the third that just came out will be better, have you started it yet?
I need to think a bit about my top 3...

Reactions: 4

Horatio

VIP Member
I’m still not over the ending! So, so good. Season 4 has been confirmed but no idea when filming will commence 😭 It’s also been confirmed that it’s the last season! 💔
Yes and did you see it’s going to be 14 episodes? which will be great when we get it but means an even longer wait, alongside standard virus delays. The fact that Netflix didn’t even offer anything vague like ‘autumn 2021’ with the S4 announcement (or it wasn’t included in the article I read anyway) doesn’t make me feel too optimistic we’ll be seeing it in less than a year and a half ... maybe two ? Thoughts ?

I’ll miss it but I think its time for it to end too. Lesser series would have continued to milk it - considering the show is the most popular it’s ever been right now - it really benefited from lockdown. But those with creative integrity know to quit when ahead. The way they learnt from the mistakes of series 2 to give us a series as brilliant as 3 has given me so much respect for the creators.

the best part of the ending was that you knew it was coming but it was still a shock when it happened! It makes you realise how formulaic tv and films are when something goes off-beat like that . It reminded me of the ending of s1 , and the redneck/ hillbilly ‘issue’ - that was a shock because you thought all the action was over, lulling you into a false sense of security , a much more common technique (Tho still done really well). This was similarly jarring but done the other way round - the shock came when it happened so suddenly. You expect a bit more back and forth dialogue, slowly building tension, maybe the Byrd’s held at gunpoint first to raise the stakes before Helen gets it just as she’s thinking she won. All that would’ve been fine , but you’ve seen it a million times. It’s exciting to think of all the shocking twists and turns that are hopefully to come.

Yes I know this isn’t the ozark thread...I have a lot to say !

Reactions: 3

IndigoViolet

American horror story
Ozark
Mindhunter
It was the OA too until they decided to not make a 3rd series 😭
Forgot Mindhunter- love that. Read the non-fictional book it’s based on by John Douglas. Dark stuff!
Also discovered some more during lockdown:
Dead to Me
&
The Politician

Reactions: 2

namenotavailable

Chatty Member
So many good shows mentioned here by others. There's no way I could narrow it down but I'd say some of my own highlights from the last 3 years or so include:
F1: Drive to Survive (odd one, I know, but you don't even have to like F1 to enjoy this!)
The Sinner
Unabomber
True Detective (possibly NowTV actually?)
Narcos (first 2 series were the best)
Dark
Stranger Things
Ozark
The Last Dance
Money Heist (although somethings ridiculous and OTT in parts!)
Queer Eye
Selling Sunsets
Consumed (good lazy TV)
The Marie Kondo one

Some other shows that we watched on iPlayer/All 4 which we really enjoyed:
Line of Duty (probs one of my favourite ever shows)
This Is England
Peaky Blinders

Older favourites are Breaking Bad and Shameless!

• Haha

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Is orphan black any good? I’ve been recommended it by someone at work but I feel like it seems scary. I am a big wuss and hate jumpy things. I don’t even know what it’s about.
It's not scary but does have a suicide scene early on.

A woman finds out that she's got a twin, takes over her life. Then finds even more copies of her.

The OA is loved.
Season 2 of Star trek discovery.
Dark season 1.

User_name_100

Money Heist (La casa de papel)
Grand hotel (Gran hotel)
High seas or Charité. Can't decide between those two. Money heist, grand hotel and high seas are all Spanish and Charité is German. They're all amazing and I rewatch a lot.