What are the worst presents you've received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's that time of year when I have to face the fact that I am another year older. Postman delivers a parcel, I open it up excitedly and it's from my mother (and father but she does the shopping).....

It's a pair of f*cking gardening gloves. I don't have a garden, I don't own a blade of grass! She gave birth to me, she has visited this house countless times and she thinks "what would my daughter like most on her birthday, I know, a pair of gardening gloves for the garden that she doesn't have!" I do love my parents, they are good people, but really.... I am now going to do something ridiculous to them involving a pair of scissors to at least get some amusement and value out of them.

What are the worst, most useless present you have received?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
A dressing gown from my mother-in-law one Christmas. In a size 20-22. I'm a size 6-8. Interestingly enough SHE'S a size 20-22 though.
Moral of the story, if you're going to regift, at least have the decency to pretend to give a tit :mad:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 136
My mother in law (who is a massive witch) gave me a scarf for Christmas, telling me she got it in a craft fair, hand knitted. She didn't remove the little sticky Primark label. It was a nice scarf, no need to lie. My ex also got me a set of chopsticks and some burned cds for Christmas. I was mortified. I got him a new phone

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Last Christmas I got Biscuits from my MIL which would have been nice had they not been opened and the packaging stuck back down with sellotape. I swear one was actually missing. 😳🤣. And they were soft!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 83
The worst one was a flake one Christmas from my step sister together with a note that they are thinking of donating money to build toilets in some country 🤬🤬🤬
I sound ungrateful but really come on

• Haha
Reactions: 41
The worst one was a flake one Christmas from my step sister together with a note that they are thinking of donating money to build toilets in some country 🤬🤬🤬
A flake! 😳🤣
That story beats my soft biscuits hands down.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Last Christmas I got Biscuits from my MIL which would have been nice had they not been opened and the packaging stuck back down with sellotape. I swear one was actually missing. 😳🤣. And they were soft!
Reminds me of one Christmas present from my Granny - half a bag of peanuts (big bag but none the less). Though to be fair to her she was old and didn't get out much and just looked for gifts lying around the house []

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
A dressing gown from my mother-in-law one Christmas. In a size 20-22. I'm a size 6-8. Interestingly enough SHE'S a size 20-22 though.
Moral of the story, if you're going to regift, at least have the decency to pretend to give a tit :mad:
Similar happened to me I got some large RI leather gloves that had clearly been shoved in the MIL cupboard as an unwanted gift - my hands are small & leather gloves are so not my thing, why even bother 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Reminds me of one Christmas present from my Granny - half a bag of peanuts (big bag but none the less). Though to be fair to her she was old and didn't get out much and just looked for gifts lying around the house []
Aww that's kinda cute but in my case my MIL is always out and about.

Reactions: 4
A pink blanket with sleeves
a picture of 3 cats I’d made my dad a year earlier-but it was now framed
snowball shaped candles
a photo of me holding my newborn baby-taken at a bad angle and I had pnd at the time-I’m that white I look see through
A house coat-with a pattern you don’t see outside the 60’s (a housecoat-I was 22!)
cook books from the 80’s
shoes that where second hand-had clearly been worn and where 3 sizes too small
3 plates that were chipped to hell-just the plates-I had 4 kids at the time
a nightie that was that short I’ve worn longer crop tops-in a size 4-6 I’m a 14-clear dig at my weight
a Janet Jackson cd-I don’t have a CD player and have never listened to her music
a box of strawberry chocs-with 4 missing-I hate strawberries
5 sticks of Blackpool rock-that has been doing the rounds in raffles for at least 15 years
a broken DVD player
a child’s colouring book that had been coloured in-I was 30

im not a greedy person (if you can’t afford something don’t buy me it) but my mother is a (Millionaire) narcissist who used to take great delight in giving me tat while buying my siblings lovely stuff

we don’t speak anymore which saves me from having to hang onto this crap just in case she found out and beat me with that guilt stick narcs love to use

I did buy my dad 50 condoms and a goat for a 3rd world country) but he asked us to do this
the following year we did the same but with mango trees
the year after we bought him a toilet
he’s very easy to please…

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
The sentiment is there but my husband had my first post csection photo printed onto canvas.... he thought he had ordered it in 30cm but it was in fact in inches 😂😂😷. Like its huge and the ugliest i have ever looked in my life

• Haha
Reactions: 83
a knitted hat and scarf, in a sort of spam pink and off cream colour, with fake gems glued on (you could see the lines of glue running down it) and massive woolly flowers (two on the edge of the scarf and a massive pink one on the hat) no label or tags so I think it came from one of the 'handmade' stalls at the christmas market a few weeks prior. it was the only present my dad bought me for christmas 2019 - my stepmum bought other things (that I liked) - so had to fake a smile and wear them all christmas morning :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
A used plastic picnic wine cup thing with flamingos on, just the one as well from the mother in law 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
An aloe Vera bubble bath set from my aunt. Not necessarily a bad gift but I’m highly allergic to aloe vera and my whole family know.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
My SIL got us birdseed for Christmas...along with other stuff that was quite nice. But we were quite perplexed by that gift.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I asked my ex for a foot massager, I got a dancing flower in a pot also he told me he was taking me out for an anniversary meal so I got all dressed up with heels etc, we ended up on the A road in a muddy lay by at a burger van.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24