What are the worst presents you've received?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My birthday coming up soon. Let's see what my fella pulls out the bag for this. 😳😳😳😳

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Many years ago when I was pregnant, my ex's mum bought me a cold water bottle sterilising kit plus a pack of baby bottles...as my Xmas present. To make it worse, we had to spend Xmas day with them so I pretended to be happy with the gifts while secretly fuming on the inside. When it was time for Xmas dinner she revealed it was prawn cocktail for starter (knowing full well I wouldn't eat it) and Xmas pud for dessert, also knowing I wouldn't eat that. I'm not usually a fussy eater, but she was clearly annoyed at me providing her first grandchild without marrying her darling son. I can laugh about it now, but at the time was quite hurt!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My best presents have always been the ones I’ve bought myself!
Update: nothing nice received over Christmas; saw a fitted sporty running, cycling or whatever jacket in Matalan (honestly, I’m impressed with it) so that’s my present to me!

Reactions: 7
2 from my mother in law
1. Makeup, but not just any makeup.. it was USED makeup, clearly from the bottom of her makeup bag that she didn't want anymore. There was powder all over it and some writing had come off one of the eye pencils. Like seriously??
2. A makeup bag.. but it was the one I gifted HER the year before!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
2 from my mother in law
1. Makeup, but not just any makeup.. it was USED makeup, clearly from the bottom of her makeup bag that she didn't want anymore. There was powder all over it and some writing had come off one of the eye pencils. Like seriously??
2. A makeup bag.. but it was the one I gifted HER the year before!!
Give it back to her for her birthday
I dare you 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Give it back to her for her birthday
I dare you 🤣
I don't have it anymore unfortunately but if I get ANYTHING like that again, I will send it right back! ☠
She did well this year though, some hair bleach as I said I needed to re do my hair (clearly been sat in her bathroom cupboard) but oh well at least it was actually something I needed ☠

• Wow
Reactions: 4
A second hand hand drill from my gran when I was 10 or 11. (Power drill would've been more considerare IMO)
An Emmerdale farm book from my parents. (I've never watched Emmerdale farm or evinced any interest in it)
A glossy coffee table book of grotesque LAPD crime scene photos from the 1940's/50's.
How are you meant to act grateful for that stuff?
Part of the reason I never bother with Xmas tbf.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I received a book about make up from my uncle when I was about 12. It was quite big with shiny, brightly coloured pages - but half of them were upside down.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
My in laws bought me Christmas pyjamas as a Christmas gift 4 sizes too big 🙄

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
The mind boggles at the absolute shite people pick up! I'd rather they didn't bother 🫠

Reactions: 6