West End Gossip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi! New to this thread.
Has anyone heard any whispers of Starlight Express casting? I’m itching to know!
Not yet, I'm also itching as I have tickets for November. Just find it strange that the show is opening in 2-3 months and nothing has been announced.

Reactions: 1
According to reliable Theatreboard source Greaseball is a woman in this production, no hints on actual casting though
Yes I saw this.
I think to fully appreciate the new production, I will have to erase any of the Apollo Victoria production from my mind.
Surely we are due a sneak peak of something soon.

Reactions: 2
To be fair, going by the German production there will be quite a few gender swaps (e.g. I believe Poppa becomes Momma as Reva Rice played the role for a long time, one of the Rockies is female in that production and a couple of Electra's entourage).

So I wouldn't be surprised if they did a couple of gender swaps for a few of the other roles as well.

Saw Jason Robert Brown with Cynthia Erivo last night. And Alfie Boe, but only for one song (mercifully) and felt like even Alfie and JRB weren’t that keen on him being there…? Weird choice!

Reactions: 1
Saw Jason Robert Brown with Cynthia Erivo last night. And Alfie Boe, but only for one song (mercifully) and felt like even Alfie and JRB weren’t that keen on him being there…? Weird choice!
Yeah it was a bit of an odd concert overall to be honest (apart from allll the glorious Cynthia bits!)

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.