Welcome to the Tiktok forum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bored in da house and I’m in the house bored......

I’m far too old for TikTok,

yet I’ve wasted at least 6-38 hours watching kids who are Classy....
some may say bougie,
and obviously...ratchet 😬
shake their ass on my screen 😐

so glad we have a new section for them!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Shiiitt I'm gonna be here a lot! Love Tiktok but I cant be dealing with the gifting. Teenage girls must spend £££ just to get a shout out or a follow back

Reactions: 9
I'm 35 downloaded to see what the fuss was when we first went on lockdown, didnt appreciate the people doing tiktoks about lockdown like it was a joke so deleted it and wont be downloading again

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm way too old for tiktok too but somehow have lost hours, possibly days on it. A particularly low point was when an ex pupil of mine was on my for you page

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

Yel

What I think is fascinating about Tiktok is how it's mostly machine based who you see. It's so much quicker also which means people that are big on it are way less able to monitise it compared to Instagram. Of course the big accounts are still able to, but Tiktok followers are way less valuable.

It's embarrassing all the oap infuencers on the wrong side of 25 jumping on it 😂

Still it's nice to see Instagram's market share being eaten away. Facebook did launch a Tiktok clone but it never really took off.

Has Tiktok overtook Instagram yet?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don’t get what is so interesting about all these people doing the same dance to the same music..... boring!!
I do like funny tik toks tho so I do have a look every so often!

Reactions: 10
It's embarrassing all the oap infuencers on the wrong side of 25 jumping on it 😂
I enjoy seeing THEM being embarrassed that they’re on it 🤣😆
Lydia Millen is the perfect example,
she doesn’t want to be on there, she’s made it so obvious she doesn’t feel comfortable there, she knows it doesn’t “fit her brand”

BUT she’s prepared to embarrass herself by trying to fit in with the teenagers and their routines/skits because she’s scared it will overtake Instagram and she’ll miss out,

she’s the poster girl for influencer FOMO 😆
and the fear of being irrelevant on a popular platform is so obvious.

• Haha

some may say bougie,
and obviously ratchet, shake their ass on my screen 😐

Yep I just wasted half a day... Wtf?

Yel

Lydia is amazing for all the wrong reasons, if your going to try Tiktok at least put some effort into it. Reusing bikini thirst traps for teenage boys has little longevity

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Young teenage boys grinding and doing 'duck me eyes' to Tory Lanez is so wrong, on so many levels.

The face 😆😆😆 the “sexy” face 😆😆😆 #Millendoestiktok #badly

the best thing about her TikTok is how embarrassed she is by her tiktok on Instagram stories, she’s almost apologising for being such a tragic tit like she’s being forced to do it....

because she is 😂🤣😂 #FearOfIrrelevancy

• Haha
Reactions: 6

some may say bougie,
and obviously ratchet, shake their ass on my screen 😐

I went to bed before my boyfriend last night and was still awake when he came up about 1am.

Him: Why are you still awake - it's 1am!"
Me: I'm on TikTok" 🙈 😂

I slagged it off at first, but if you avoid the z lister muppets dancing and singing, I think it's really funny! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I went to bed before my boyfriend last night and was still awake when he came up about 1am.

Him: Why are you still awake - it's 1am!"
Me: I'm on TikTok" 🙈 😂

I slagged it off at first, but if you avoid the z lister muppets dancing and singing, I think it's really funny! 😂
Me. This is me In a comment 😐

• Haha
Me. This is me In a comment 😐
I'm just sat there laughing away at the sillyness, it's a helpful distraction. 😊 Even did the "you're doing the snoozy time" and "social distancing, self isolation" scottish one on my boyfriend's dogs, ffs! 😂 🙈

Reactions: 2
I'm here for this !! I downloaded it to spy on my children ha ha .. but I can't stop watching!!

• Haha
I'm too old for tiktok, I can't believe that there is such a thing as a ''tiktok celebrity'' now, kinda lame. People doing the same dance over and over again or the same skit with the voice over, I just don't get it why they are so popular?? I feel like you have to reach a very high level of boredom to find those videos entertaining. It's not original when hundreds of people have done it. But there are a few funny gems and I like the pet ones.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.