Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

tellinitlikeitis

It’s unbelievable that Olivia actually expects the woman who bore the child that died shouldn’t be allowed to gather with her living children at his grave on his birthday. She’s a piece of work.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Summerdaysx

Just started watching this and the older children annoy me. They talk about their parents like they abused them. In reality they had a ridiculously sheltered childhood and were entrenched in religion. They way then go on about it it’s as if their parents are evil. They have given them a comfortable life and they pay the rent on Micah and Moriahs house. They seem so ungrateful.
This is exactly what I think about it too... Their parents are apparently so "evil" but still ok to pay their rent! 😒

Reactions: 3

Zoombeeni2245

Just started watching this and the older children annoy me. They talk about their parents like they abused them. In reality they had a ridiculously sheltered childhood and were entrenched in religion. They way then go on about it it’s as if their parents are evil. They have given them a comfortable life and they pay the rent on Micah and Moriahs house. They seem so ungrateful.

Reactions: 2

Maid22

VIP Member
I think that with a mother-in-law like Kim, any woman would become manipulative just to protect her marriage. Especially if your husband (Ethan) has been brainwashed his whole life and has no strong sense of identity. A woman should not have to compete with her mother-in-law. Olivia has the upper hand because she gets a lot of therapy and is able to work through some of those issues at least within herself. Her best idea was to move as far away from Kim as possible so she would stop meddling. What do you think?
I agree, Kim has brainwashed her children, I used to love watching Ethan trying new things, so strange to watch for what we all take for granted! But there again, he brought a car and didn't tell Olivia, I'd be pretty pissed if my oh did that! I'm glad Olivia and Ethan moved away especially when Kim moved into the town near them! I've googled what happens to Kim, she's the biggest hypocrite out there!( I hope they show those things!)

• Heart

formerly_sitkx

Chatty Member
Do you think she is those things? Defo Kim is, and the turnaround from Micah and Moriah from Olivia back to Kim is odd too?
I think that with a mother-in-law like Kim, any woman would become manipulative just to protect her marriage. Especially if your husband (Ethan) has been brainwashed his whole life and has no strong sense of identity. A woman should not have to compete with her mother-in-law. Olivia has the upper hand because she gets a lot of therapy and is able to work through some of those issues at least within herself. Her best idea was to move as far away from Kim as possible so she would stop meddling. What do you think?

• Heart

mcgee

VIP Member
Olivia has posted on Insta that her and Ethan have separated. No surprises there. Saw it coming a mile off. They didn’t seem connected for a long time and looked like there was no chemistry between them.

Maid22

VIP Member
I was hoping there might be some active chatter and Internet sleuthing for the recent revelations about Kim and Olivia's disagreement on Kim's unauthorized usage of Ethan's credit card. But it looks like this thread hasn't been too hot. Still, wanted to post to see if there was interest in resurrection.
They're a very odd family. I so reckon that was true about Kim using Ethan's credit card, it was brushed out of the way very quickly! Really not liking Micah, blimey he doesn't half fancy himself, not keen on Moriah either! Olivia has her flaws, but I'm not understanding all the hate on her🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1

WesterunCoaster

Especially if your husband (Ethan) has been brainwashed his whole life and has no strong sense of identity.
While I'm not a huge believer in the word brainwashing, I definitely think Ethan has been conditioned to have little direction of his own. He seems to go with the flow of whomever is around him, then lash out when pushed around one to many times (like when he yelled at Olivia for not going to his brother's grave).
I suspect the truth of the credit card thing is somewhere in the middle. Kim probably bought some MLM (multi-level marketing) shit to sell (like Lularoe) with a credit card in both Ethan's and Kim's name and he didn't object when it was brought up before hand. Olivia is not as naive as Ethan and took issue with a purchase that could hurt his credit score, since their married, it impacts her, too.
Once there was ruffled feathers, Kim probably paid the credit card back down, but Olivia and Kim can both hold a grudge and neither likes to have to say sorry.
I feel like either one could produce receipts that would support their version of events, but neither does... so that makes me think that neither story is 100% true.

• Heart

Maid22

VIP Member
Olivia gets a lot of hate because the show editing makes her look like a master puppeteer and manipulator. Not sure if that is really the case or if that is the objective of the producers.
Do you think she is those things? Defo Kim is, and the turnaround from Micah and Moriah from Olivia back to Kim is odd too?

formerly_sitkx

Chatty Member
They're a very odd family. I so reckon that was true about Kim using Ethan's credit card, it was brushed out of the way very quickly! Really not liking Micah, blimey he doesn't half fancy himself, not keen on Moriah either! Olivia has her flaws, but I'm not understanding all the hate on her🤷‍♀️
Olivia gets a lot of hate because the show editing makes her look like a master puppeteer and manipulator. Not sure if that is really the case or if that is the objective of the producers.

I watched it. Was it only 6 episodes?
Thought it was a very weird family because although they are strict and religious they let the one girl run wild. In trying to protect them they turned these kids into naive idiots that will struggle in real life outside the family bubble.
Also the oldest brothers wife involved herself with things that was none of her business. I would’ve been fuming if she bought my 16 year old daughter a flight to basically runaway from home.

hidethebump

I was hoping there might be some active chatter and Internet sleuthing for the recent revelations about Kim and Olivia's disagreement on Kim's unauthorized usage of Ethan's credit card. But it looks like this thread hasn't been too hot. Still, wanted to post to see if there was interest in resurrection.
try reddit. Thats what brought me here!

• Heart

tellinitlikeitis

Been watching it since day one. I was banned from another forum because of something I never said. I guess I’ll post here now.

Dollenganger

VIP Member
It was odd at the start how awkward they all act especially Ethan and Barry 😲 ahead 2 years the mother who was strict on everything has now decided now she's lost weight she wears short skirts opened a dance studio and goes to gym everyday, is now inviting men she's met home. Bearing in mind her strict rules the kids weren't allowed to even text the opposite sex.watch this space I think she's going to split with her hubby for a new man, Ethan seems less odd and happier in his marriage,Moriah and Micah are spreading their wings I love them both.
Kim is not a reliable parent for any of her children. She holds them to impossibly high standards which she, herself can’t adhere to. In fact, nobody can. Poor Moriah was absolutely broken over what happened with Max cheating on her. And she didn’t even consider going to her parents for support, which really speaks volumes.

I assume Hosanna didn’t want to be in the show?

smg658

My daughter and I watch it and have very differing opinions. i can't stand the parents, they just want to raise little robot versions of themselves with no idea how to function in a normal society. Don't think they like the fact that Moriah has a personality. I was glad she had Olivia and Ethan to help her. Micah also seems to have broken away from the family. The parents didn't like Olivia as she seemed to have an opinion.

ETA My daughter thinks Moriah is a brat and should be towing the party line.