Weight Loss and Healthy Living #7 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Went for a pub lunch today and looking at the calorie info now I managed to consume my entire calorie intake in that one meal! Won't be going back though as my partner didn't like it there so there's that hahaha. On the plus side, I'd fallen off the wagon to the point of not recording anything til today, so that's progress, and had a fifteen min cycle too.

Reactions: 5
Guys, some advice please?
I've lost nearly 4kg so far and so proud of the progress I'm making. I don't want to mess it up, my boyfriend wants to go out tomorrow to eat at a pub. I've checked out the menu, no calories are displayed. I just don't want to ruin my progress and consume more calories that I should be having. I want to tell my boyfriend I don't want to go anymore. What would you do in this situation?

I've lost nearly 4kg so far and so proud of the progress I'm making. I don't want to mess it up, my boyfriend wants to go out tomorrow to eat at a pub. I've checked out the menu, no calories are displayed. I just don't want to ruin my progress and consume more calories that I should be having. I want to tell my boyfriend I don't want to go anymore. What would you do in this situation?
Is there nothing on there that looks a safe bet? I'd probably go, and opt for the best options I could. You won't ruin your hard work in one evening, as long as you make sensible choices and don't go all out on a 3 courser with gallons of booze! Feel free to pop up a pic of the menu options if you need help deciding what might work 🙂

Reactions: 4
Is there nothing on there that looks a safe bet? I'd probably go, and opt for the best options I could. You won't ruin your hard work in one evening, as long as you make sensible choices and don't go all out on a 3 courser with gallons of booze! Feel free to pop up a pic of the menu options if you need help deciding what might work 🙂
Looking at the menu again , I'm leaning towards ordering two starters which is a butternut squash risotto and then mussels. And a side of veg. Ive stopped drinking so will order water or a non alcoholic beer. What do you think?

Reactions: 2
Looking at the menu again , I'm leaning towards ordering two starters which is a butternut squash risotto and then mussels. And a side of veg. Ive stopped drinking so will order water or a non alcoholic beer. What do you think?
That sounds good to me! Chicken is another good option, or pasta in a tomatoey sauce. I know it can be tricky going out sometimes if you’re feeling really motivated and seeing results, but don’t worry about one meal, just enjoy it ☺

Reactions: 2
That sounds good to me! Chicken is another good option, or pasta in a tomatoey sauce. I know it can be tricky going out sometimes if you’re feeling really motivated and seeing results, but don’t worry about one meal, just enjoy it ☺
Thank you!! Makes me feel much better. Any idea how I log my choices on my app? as I've been counting calories religiously 😂

Reactions: 1
You’re not going to mess up your progress with one meal. You should also still go, because if you have to miss things for your plan to be sustainable you’re not going to stick to it long term. This might be an unpopular opinion but if I know I’m going out for a big meal I tend to not eat much during the day before I go. Just stuff like coffee and fruit. Unless you have a huge blowout you’re unlikely to eat massively over your maintenance calories.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
You’re not going to mess up your progress with one meal. You should also still go, because if you have to miss things for your plan to be sustainable you’re not going to stick to it long term. This might be an unpopular opinion but if I know I’m going out for a big meal I tend to not eat much during the day before I go. Just stuff like coffee and fruit. Unless you have a huge blowout you’re unlikely to eat massively over your maintenance calories.
Thank you!! You're right, if I restrict myself too much, I will end up failing. Its happened to me in the past. So two small starters and my favourite sticky toffee pudding FTW 🤪 also decided to not track any calories tomorrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
That sounds fine to me, mussels in particular are low in calories with good amounts of protein. What app are you using to log your calories? If it's a MFP type thing I'd probably do a search and pick something that sounds similar, e.g. search 'risotto starter', then you'll have a good idea where you're at calorie wise.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.