Wedding Planning #3 Guest List Stresses and Unusual Dresses!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you 🥰 Yeah I love it, I think its really good hearing everyone's preferences what they would do differently and that is what makes it all even more unique to you :)

That sounds so good. I would chase them up, I had emailed somewhere for our reception about arranging to come visit and they didn't get back to me for ages. It took another email to finally get them to reply and tbf they have been lovely about it and really apologetic. send that email girl :ROFLMAO:

No young kids at ours 😁

Fair play to anyone that does have kids at their wedding, just my partner and I don't have kids and our immediate family the youngest will be 10 so he wont be screaming murder while we try to do the speeches. I just want everyone to have a good time and not have to worry about leaving at 7pm cause the baby cant settle - god this must make me sound awful 😣
---

This is 100% my thinking. I always want them to look back on especially as my dad isn't very well and my partners family are flying over from Thailand, something they will probably never do again so its going to be so special to us 🥰
We didn’t have kids at ours either, only my 4 year old niece as she was a flower girl! She was good as gold though

yes definitely, we watched my parents wedding video from 25 years ago before we got married, and my late grandad and Nan were both on there doing speeches and it’s so lovely to watch back and listen to their voices! I would always recommend a videographer to anyone if they can budget it because it’s just so much more than photos

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We didn’t have kids at ours either, only my 4 year old niece as she was a flower girl! She was good as gold though

yes definitely, we watched my parents wedding video from 25 years ago before we got married, and my late grandad and Nan were both on there doing speeches and it’s so lovely to watch back and listen to their voices! I would always recommend a videographer to anyone if they can budget it because it’s just so much more than photos
That is so lovely. This is exactly it for me too. I watched my aunt and uncles wedding video and it was brilliant, I was only about 4 or 5 yrs old and I was dancing with my grandad and brother. The style was shocking back then, early 90s so it was such a throwback 😂 My nanny, grandad and sister are all gone now so it was so lovely to just be transported back to a time when they were all here.

Its the one thing I really want and don't want to budge on having, I just know in years to come it will be really precious as its rare you would even get us all in the same place so I just want to have a reminder forever.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@Tinkerbell cat you don’t sound awful at all- it’s your day! As long as you’re upfront with people there’s zero issue in my book. We only had our 5 year old at the ceremony but the reception was available for everyone, as we do have lots of young ones ☺ the toddlers out danced me 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Morning Tattlers - I get married in 3 weeks and I am feeling completely run down! I am not sleeping properly (this mornings grand waking time was 2:30am) This is the second weekend I have woke with a sore throat and snuffly nose - Really would appreciate any hints or tips to perk myself up and ensure I'm feeling my best for the big day! As I feel at this rate, I'll be a swollen, puffy, snotty witch! 😂 x

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Morning Tattlers - I get married in 3 weeks and I am feeling completely run down! I am not sleeping properly (this mornings grand waking time was 2:30am) This is the second weekend I have woke with a sore throat and snuffly nose - Really would appreciate any hints or tips to perk myself up and ensure I'm feeling my best for the big day! As I feel at this rate, I'll be a swollen, puffy, snotty witch! 😂 x
For the sleep have you tried sleep balm - some rubbed on your pulse points really helps me the one I use is by feather and down it’s called sleep butter

For energy/to feel better I don’t know if it’s placebo effect but last autumn winter/this year I drink berocca (well aldi dupe) and it gives me energy and keeps me cold/bug free

I had the same and stuck to eating fresh food, drinking lots, daily vitamins, early nights and outside everyday for a walk/fresh air (even when it was chucking it down!!).

Reactions: 2
I get married in 13 weeks and I’m the same. If I take ill, it’s always when I finish up when for Xmas. The sore throats have started,I’m sure it’s the precursor to to a cold/flu like thing that will floor me. I really need this not to happen😖

• Sad
For the sleep have you tried sleep balm - some rubbed on your pulse points really helps me the one I use is by feather and down it’s called sleep butter

For energy/to feel better I don’t know if it’s placebo effect but last autumn winter/this year I drink berocca (well aldi dupe) and it gives me energy and keeps me cold/bug free
I have some sleep balm hidden away actually, so I will try that tonight! My mind is just in constant overdrive with Wedding, work, kids 🤪

Thanks all for the tips! Will try and get a bit more me time in to de-stress and hopefully sleep! 😂

My Irish grandmother was obsessed with echinea supplements. Anytime I got sick or was a bit run down, she’s bring me a bottle of echinea supplements from H&B.

she was from the country, and was pretty into natural health supplements. She also walked every day and drank a lot of tea/water.

she’d also bring red lentil and carrot soup, or chicken broth.

I still make those things when I’m feeling run down, and take echinea. The broths are easy to make, you can make a big batch, they are so full of goodness and nutrients and if you have made a batch, it gives you a chance to rest a bit more. I’m pretty sure there are studies that have linked chicken broth to quicker recovery from illness. My partner isn’t a fan, but I keep a few frozen containers of chicken soup in the freezer so I can have it when I’m unwell

my grandmother had the most beautiful skin all her life, lived until her late 90s and was completely mobile and mentally fit right until her death. The only hospital stint she had in her elder years was for a broken hip.. which is a very high risk operation for older people, but from which she made a total recovery. In short… I really think she was into something.

I second @coffeemama, a bit of fresh air, fresh vegetables and lots of healthy fluids

• Heart
My Irish grandmother was obsessed with echinea supplements. Anytime I got sick or was a bit run down, she’s bring me a bottle of echinea supplements from H&B.

she was from the country, and was pretty into natural health supplements. She also walked every day and drank a lot of tea/water.

she’d also bring red lentil and carrot soup, or chicken broth.

I still make those things when I’m feeling run down, and take echinea. The broths are easy to make, you can make a big batch, they are so full of goodness and nutrients and if you have made a batch, it gives you a chance to rest a bit more. I’m pretty sure there are studies that have linked chicken broth to quicker recovery from illness. My partner isn’t a fan, but I keep a few frozen containers of chicken soup in the freezer so I can have it when I’m unwell

my grandmother had the most beautiful skin all her life, lived until her late 90s and was completely mobile and mentally fit right until her death. The only hospital stint she had in her elder years was for a broken hip.. which is a very high risk operation for older people, but from which she made a total recovery. In short… I really think she was into something.

I second @coffeemama, a bit of fresh air, fresh vegetables and lots of healthy fluids
Now I really want lentil soup 😍

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.