Wedding invite- should I go?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband and I were invited to a wedding,I have known the bride and groom since school and I was friends with both for a long time (especially the bride) but we drifted apart. My husband is now really good friends with the groom (they first met through me although that’s not why they are friends, it is because of football), and their friendship is the reason why we are invited to their wedding.
Because of Covid, they have postponed their date and my husband can’t attend on the new date. We were going to rsvp no, but because I have known the couple for so long, I have a lot of friends going, and my two best friends (who are also going) have told me I should still go. I have no problem with going to a wedding on my own, but I know that really I was invited as a plus one and wouldn’t have been invited if my husband wasn’t friends with the groom, so I feel it wouldn’t be acceptable for me to go on my own.
I do want to go, it would be an amazing day full of celebration and happiness as they have been together for so long and have had so many problems with planning their wedding because of Covid.
Would appreciate anyone’s opinion on this!
thanks

Reactions: 1
I think that you’re overthinking the situation. Unfortunately your husband can’t attend, but you should to represent you both kind of thing. Hope that makes sense 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Agree - you're overthinking. Just go! You want to be there, they'll love seeing someone genuinely invested in their happiness, it's a win-win.

Reactions: 2
Yes definitely go! You knew them for a long time and it’s good that you attend to support your husbands friend too! :)

Reactions: 2
My husband and I were invited to a wedding,I have known the bride and groom since school and I was friends with both for a long time (especially the bride) but we drifted apart. My husband is now really good friends with the groom (they first met through me although that’s not why they are friends, it is because of football), and their friendship is the reason why we are invited to their wedding.
Because of Covid, they have postponed their date and my husband can’t attend on the new date. We were going to rsvp no, but because I have known the couple for so long, I have a lot of friends going, and my two best friends (who are also going) have told me I should still go. I have no problem with going to a wedding on my own, but I know that really I was invited as a plus one and wouldn’t have been invited if my husband wasn’t friends with the groom, so I feel it wouldn’t be acceptable for me to go on my own.
I do want to go, it would be an amazing day full of celebration and happiness as they have been together for so long and have had so many problems with planning their wedding because of Covid.
Would appreciate anyone’s opinion on this!
thanks
I would 100% go.

if it’s a ‘covid’ wedding and you’re part of their restricted invite list, then they want you there so you should go.
If it’s after the restrictions, then you should also go - you’ve got best friends going, and you’ve known them for years. Go on behalf of you both

If your name is on the invite, you are not a plus one, you are a guest! If you want to go, go!