Weather; Storm Barra. A destructive Mini break from Covid.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gosh it’s blowing a fierce wind out there….

1B10BB20-3C34-4660-B33B-BFD6742E534C.jpeg

get the essentials ready….
Bí slán!
EAED1B25-AC9B-4210-8F42-BEF4900E7C26.jpeg

Reactions: 3
Schools closed, Lidl and Aldi closed,
And we thought the pandemic was bad…..

#Barravirus #FyouCovid

Reactions: 1
It's so cold here today. We're expecting snow later on and then Barra is due to join us. Oh joy!

After a big storm does anyone feel relieved that their roof is still on, the boiler still heats the home, and they've not been flooded? I don't care if a few trees are uprooted or fence panels blown over, as long as nobody is hurt.

Reactions: 4
It's so cold here today. We're expecting snow later on and then Barra is due to join us. Oh joy!

After a big storm does anyone feel relieved that their roof is still on, the boiler still heats the home, and they've not been flooded? I don't care if a few trees are uprooted or fence panels blown over, as long as nobody is hurt.
Yes last week I looked at the roof with relief. I hate wind, I'd much rather have prolonged snowfall than a day of high winds.

Last edited:

im more pleased that the wifi managed to stay on :LOL:

Yel

It feels like they massively over exaggerate it to go on the side of caution. It's supposed to be 50-60 mph winds and wet all day. In reality here in the south east the storm hit for 15 minutes and then was all over. It's still and sunny now.

It hasn’t been bad in the north east. You would just think it was another windy and wet winter day if they hadn’t went on about it.

Has been dark outside pretty much all day here in NI, wind sounds dreadful (I haven't been outside!) Heres a wee illustration for wind gust speeds around Ireland and the UK for 3pm today - for people who like this sort of thing I use ventusky.com
1638891424799.png

Its bloody freezing here. Not windy just bitterly cold.
Same here in thr Midlands, bloomin' cold today. Even my thermals aren't doing much but then again I am sat still at the computer working rather than moving my body to keep warm. Heating is on but I think the cold air is just getting in anyway.

It's not that windy here but the air has that weird vibe you get where you can feel something changing/brewing in the distance.

I'm in Dublin, and I'm looking out my window here.. it's not even windy! It was blustery enough this morning, but it just seems cold and rainy now.

Met Eireann were telling me to expect 50km winds all this evening. I swear I think sometimes they pick the weather out of a hat.

Reactions: 2
I'm in East Anglia and it's really quite windy and rainy here now. I don't think it's as bad as they said it would be though mind

One of my garden chairs took off this morning, smashed against the door and bits of it came flying through the cat flap 😂

• Wow
  • Haha