Watches

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello!

I've really gotten interested in watches over the last year or two. It's such a male heavy community on most forums that end up in arguments over what brand is best (hello Reddit, looking at you!) or insta pages where it's full of rich girls with Cartier Panthieres given to them for graduation! So wanted to start my own thread here.

I've just splashed out on my first automatic watch, a Tag Heuer Carrera with a beautiful sage green dial 😍

What watches is everyone else into? Doesn't have to be luxe - one of my faves is my £30 Casio! 😄

Reactions: 2
I love watched too, but I hardly ever wear one these days.

I've got a Gucci one with a good coloured bracelet and found gave that's about 24 years old now.

An Emporio Armani one that's silver with silver bracelet with a square face about 30 years old.

Two Michael Kors - one has a burgundy face and burgundy leather strap with rose gold numbers, hands and gave surround; the other has a navy round face with a gold and silver colour bracelet. Both of these are about 8 years old.

My favourite watch is an old wrist watch that was my dad's. It's got a battered old tan leather strap, and it's a kinetic self-winding watch. He wore it for years, and it worked perfectly up until about 8 weeks before he died of cancer when it just stopped; the weird thing is that when I took it to try and get it repaired for him, it worked perfectly just from being in my bag, but stopped again when he wore it. Eight years on from his death, it still works immediately if I put it on my wrist.

Reactions: 3
Nice thread idea, especially as like you say many forums are mostly men, WatchUseek is good, with members all over the globe but can get snobby in certain sub-forums.
I *gulp* fell down the AliExpress hole, I bought a lot of watches from there in the past 3 years, my wife also likes to wear some of them.
Wearing this one today, a homage to a vintage Daytona.
20230613_100929.jpg

I love watched too, but I hardly ever wear one these days.

I've got a Gucci one with a good coloured bracelet and found gave that's about 24 years old now.

An Emporio Armani one that's silver with silver bracelet with a square face about 30 years old.

Two Michael Kors - one has a burgundy face and burgundy leather strap with rose gold numbers, hands and gave surround; the other has a navy round face with a gold and silver colour bracelet. Both of these are about 8 years old.

My favourite watch is an old wrist watch that was my dad's. It's got a battered old tan leather strap, and it's a kinetic self-winding watch. He wore it for years, and it worked perfectly up until about 8 weeks before he died of cancer when it just stopped; the weird thing is that when I took it to try and get it repaired for him, it worked perfectly just from being in my bag, but stopped again when he wore it. Eight years on from his death, it still works immediately if I put it on my wrist.
I love a burgundy face watch, I just find them so rich!

That's a beautiful story about your dad's watch, it's almost like it knew it was his time ❤
---
Nice thread idea, especially as like you say many forums are mostly men, WatchUseek is good, with members all over the globe but can get snobby in certain sub-forums.
I *gulp* fell down the AliExpress hole, I bought a lot of watches from there in the past 3 years, my wife also likes to wear some of them.
Wearing this one today, a homage to a vintage Daytona.
View attachment 2863155
Funny you mention AliExpress holes! I bought an AliExpress moonswatch because I refused to pay the outrageous eBay pricing for the real thing after they were cleared off the shelves at Swatch. I think they are a cool design and my partner has a legitimate SwatchxOmega Moonswatch (he got it free as part of a product review from Swatch Group!) and you honestly need to look very closely for the differences. At the end of the day, it's a plastic watch 😂

Reactions: 1
I have a Fitbit, got one almost at the beginning when they first started coming out then moved onto the versa when it come out, I had originally loved it because of the community an the little competitions you could have with people as it helped to get me moving but now they have done away with it all an to me it's just a regular smart watch now which honestly am bored with

I'd love to get another smart watch but am lost as to what to get, I've no interest in Fitbit now that the community is gone

I do have my great grandmother's watch with it's original receipt dated 1912 but am far too nervous to wear it incase I break it 😅

I've got a Baby G . I love it , and I get so many compliments on it . I don't wear a watch all the time now.

I have a Fitbit, got one almost at the beginning when they first started coming out then moved onto the versa when it come out, I had originally loved it because of the community an the little competitions you could have with people as it helped to get me moving but now they have done away with it all an to me it's just a regular smart watch now which honestly am bored with

I'd love to get another smart watch but am lost as to what to get, I've no interest in Fitbit now that the community is gone

I do have my great grandmother's watch with it's original receipt dated 1912 but am far too nervous to wear it incase I break it 😅
I used to have a Fitbit but have a Garmin now. It's not really the same as in there's no leaderboards but you can still add your friends and see their activities and you can sign up to challenges (like to do X amount of steps in a month) and earn badges for your efforts.

I used to have a Fitbit but have a Garmin now. It's not really the same as in there's no leaderboards but you can still add your friends and see their activities and you can sign up to challenges (like to do X amount of steps in a month) and earn badges for your efforts.
Thanks, I might look into that

I have a little Sekona, white dial, black numerals, a second hand, I fitted it with a red strap - it’s simple and I love it.

I love a burgundy face watch, I just find them so rich!

That's a beautiful story about your dad's watch, it's almost like it knew it was his time ❤
---

Funny you mention AliExpress holes! I bought an AliExpress moonswatch because I refused to pay the outrageous eBay pricing for the real thing after they were cleared off the shelves at Swatch. I think they are a cool design and my partner has a legitimate SwatchxOmega Moonswatch (he got it free as part of a product review from Swatch Group!) and you honestly need to look very closely for the differences. At the end of the day, it's a plastic watch 😂
Was that the Pagani Design "moonswatch"?
If it is, it's far better quality & spec than the overpriced Swatch/Omega plastic one.
All sorts of reports about that Swatch/Omega one having pushers fall out, the case dyeing folks' wrists etc. 😬

It doesn't say Pagani on it but it could be. It's got an actual sapphire for the dial instead of plastic like the real thing so yeah, actually better quality in that sense 😂 my partner finds it hilarious!

Yeah my other halfs real one is fine for now but he did change the strap on it (nato straps really annoy him!) and doesn't wear it often as he got a Longines Zulu Time very soon after