Vlogmas!!! Who Do You Watch? (Rave Or Rant!)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s that wonderful time of year!!

When all basic bish YouTube accounts upload daily to cash in on that extra Adsense and try to sell you rubbish you don’t need!
Daily.
well mostly daily. ?
20 minutes of your fav influencer telling you how fabulous their lives are
(63 minutes if you’re Zoe or Lydia Ellise Millen)

Who will you be watching or hate watching? ?
I feel both festive and tit about my own life choices and Christmas plans already ?
It’s the social media way!!!!!

Merry 1st of December kids!

Reactions: 4
I have so many I’m subbed to it’s overwhelming ??
Lydia Ellise Millen is doing her version of Vlogmas...
“Christmas with the MG’s” ??
Herself and closet gay hubby uploading vlogs of about 40 min a day. It’s painful but it’s playing in the background and encourages my eye rolling cardio.
Alfie and Zoe. The OG vlogmas sods.
The kiddy crew Saffron and Ana. Although I skip most of them and don’t go anywhere near that brother or the Nasey family ?

I’ve started to watch a lot of flight attendants who are uploading daily while working over December and I’m finding that enjoyable! Well it’s day 2 but their weekly vlogs are usually worth a watch.

Naomi (as dull as dish water) Smart.

It’s all so repetitive.

Oh for scummy families ???
The Rees family and their lives are the stuff of nightmares.
And the wonderful R Fam

Here’s a sneak peek at his wonderful, heartfelt content when doing elf on the shelf with the kids.
More elves and kids need to learn the word “bleeping
35 seconds to get you in the festive mood!!

Reactions: 2

Yel

I can't face watching any of them! December is super busy at work and can't be dealing with seeing any of the gleam lot taking boring videos of decorating a tree, or going for lunch or sorting out a wardrobe in between them moaning about how much "work" they have on.

Edit I do love the recaps though so I can scan back and see the bitchy parts left in. All this long content to fill and get the watch time up every day means clangers galore!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I always wondered why vlogmas was a thing. Now i get it lol the extra adsense XD ofc.

for some really weird reason some have been doing vlogmas since about mid november.

I've been watching Emma Drew. I don't know why, really. She's all about passive income and flipping stuff on eBay and all the affiliate links. I started watching her channel then looked at her blog, which is very poor imo. She's claiming to earn six figures a year and employs her husband. I've been watching and reading, trying to work out where the money comes from!

I take issue with these financial bloggers - they tell everyone that they can have the same lifestyle but, really, it's a pyramid scheme. They are famous enough that they can earn money through affiliate links, referrals etc. So they encourage people to join the many schemes of which they are a part, but without several thousand followers on YT, insta, Twitter and FB, you'll get little to nothing in the way of income.

Emma is very childish in some respects and a couple of people left mean comments on her vlog yesterday so she might not continue vlogmas. Funny thing is: she has a course on how to become a successful blogger like her and there's a section on dealing with trolls.

Reactions: 3
I've been watching Emma Drew. I don't know why, really. She's all about passive income and flipping stuff on eBay and all the affiliate links. I started watching her channel then looked at her blog, which is very poor imo. She's claiming to earn six figures a year and employs her husband. I've been watching and reading, trying to work out where the money comes from!

I take issue with these financial bloggers - they tell everyone that they can have the same lifestyle but, really, it's a pyramid scheme. They are famous enough that they can earn money through affiliate links, referrals etc. So they encourage people to join the many schemes of which they are a part, but without several thousand followers on YT, insta, Twitter and FB, you'll get little to nothing in the way of income.

Emma is very childish in some respects and a couple of people left mean comments on her vlog yesterday so she might not continue vlogmas. Funny thing is: she has a course on how to become a successful blogger like her and there's a section on dealing with trolls.
I dealt she will quite vlogmas, all about the hustle ?

I have a confession, I’ve kept watching Ana and Saffron Barker who are now off to New York.
They just did their “gift swap” with a 250 quid budget and Ana has just died her hair bleach blonde (low key think saffron convinced her to do this because it looks so awful!)
Saffron is the type of friend you don’t want in your life.
I really like Ana, it’s hard not to like her but around saffron I can’t stand either!
Hence I’m excited to see them both in NY working that stripper look for the gram spending thousands on stuff they don’t need but have “wanted all my life”

But damn ana’s hair.... ??‍♀??‍♀

I don't get Emma Drew at all.
I don't understand how they make money either. I actually do not understand why people watch her either unless you love Poundland hauls.

Haven't watched vlogmas but from some nasty comments to quit sounds silly.

I don't get Emma Drew at all.
I don't understand how they make money either. I actually do not understand why people watch her either unless you love Poundland hauls.

Haven't watched vlogmas but from some nasty comments to quit sounds silly.
I don't get it either but she apparently keeps winning awards. The comments I saw weren't nasty, really. One was on a video about giving to a food bank and said that encouraging people to use her affiliate links in a blog about charity was a bit tasteless. Emma then got quite nasty in response, which I feel was completely out of order.

I'm honestly intrigued by her income claims. I'm a healthcare professional married to a senior software engineer and our combined (full time, competitive) income is supposedly less than what someone with 11k subscribers makes on YT?!

I don't get it either but she apparently keeps winning awards. The comments I saw weren't nasty, really. One was on a video about giving to a food bank and said that encouraging people to use her affiliate links in a blog about charity was a bit tasteless. Emma then got quite nasty in response, which I feel was completely out of order.

I'm honestly intrigued by her income claims. I'm a healthcare professional married to a senior software engineer and our combined (full time, competitive) income is supposedly less than what someone with 11k subscribers makes on YT?!
I don't even find Emma Drew likable to be honest.

I just find her banging on about what's in Poundland and not really doing much else.Apart from jumping on bandwagons such as Zoflora hacks...which I cringed at when she cleaned the floor or side with it and the cat walked straight over it. It's not safe to do so...says on the packet

I don't even find Emma Drew likable to be honest.

I just find her banging on about what's in Poundland and not really doing much else.Apart from jumping on bandwagons such as Zoflora hacks...which I cringed at when she cleaned the floor or side with it and the cat walked straight over it. It's not safe to do so...says on the packet
She's having a bit of a breakdown just now because of a troll. Her insta story is a rant about it and she keeps mentioning it in her videos. There are lots of supportive comments on her social media and her vlogmas videos talking about how anyone disagreeing with her is a troll, a negative person, jealous etc. This is something I really hate about YT - that, and people who call me "hun" in the comments... so ridiculously patronising.

I unsubbed but I'm still watching it all with a kind of morbid fascination. She's handled this "troll" in the worst way possible, by going on the attack straight away. I haven't seen the messages so I'm not even convinced that it was a troll, probably just some poor person who pointed out a truth a bit too close to home. Her comment to the girl who pointed out the affiliate links on the food bank video came across as really nasty. Have a look at the comment from Amber and her response:

Also, forgot to mention, some of her affiliates are super dodgy. On her website she has a little ad for those services who write essays and dissertations for students, to allow them to pass college or uni without doing the work (i.e. cheating).

She's having a bit of a breakdown just now because of a troll. Her insta story is a rant about it and she keeps mentioning it in her videos. There are lots of supportive comments on her social media and her vlogmas videos talking about how anyone disagreeing with her is a troll, a negative person, jealous etc. This is something I really hate about YT - that, and people who call me "hun" in the comments... so ridiculously patronising.

I unsubbed but I'm still watching it all with a kind of morbid fascination. She's handled this "troll" in the worst way possible, by going on the attack straight away. I haven't seen the messages so I'm not even convinced that it was a troll, probably just some poor person who pointed out a truth a bit too close to home. Her comment to the girl who pointed out the affiliate links on the food bank video came across as really nasty. Have a look at the comment from Amber and her response:

Also, forgot to mention, some of her affiliates are super dodgy. On her website she has a little ad for those services who write essays and dissertations for students, to allow them to pass college or uni without doing the work (i.e. cheating).
Yeah I read that Amber comment and if she thinks that's a troll she's very lucky not to have more hate to be honest.

It's crazy that they make out that they give to these charities but have to do a massive talk on it...always makes it look cynical in my opinion.

To be honest a lot of those doing the reverse advent calendar have lost my respect. They talk about these vulnerable people like they are giving to an animal charity. Not talking about people at all. Just oh they are those 'things' we need to buy or give extra too. They are people at the end of the day, people.

There's also something weirdly selfish about giving in this way. You are deciding what people deserve to have or to eat. I also suspect Emma is a bit of a shopaholic and that this was more about having a video to post rather than about the charity itself.

I work for a company who give their employees a bottle of good champagne at Christmas. I don't drink so my boss gives me the equivalent value in sweets. Last year, I got giant tubs of Quality Street, Roses, Celebrations, Heroes and Jelly Babies. I took them to my local food bank and the volunteers were over the moon. That little bit of luxury, especially at Christmas, can have a big psychological impact on a struggling family, they said. Now I always donate something a bit more thoughtful when I'm shopping, some nice biscuits or good tea and coffee. Basically, I'll donate the stuff I'm happy to eat and drink because if I was in the situation where I had to use a food bank, that little bit of luxury would mean a lot.

Also, as someone who regularly donates goods to charity shops, it pisses me off no end when these eBay or Amazon resellers swoop in and buy stuff at rock bottom prices to then sell fora big profit online. There's one woman who does this at my local Barnardo's and she arrives in her massive Range Rover and designer clothes to pick through the shop and haggle with them over pennies.

Last edited:
Dramatic Mac: i have a love/hate relationship with Aisling. However I like her as she shops in places I can actually afford to go to, she doesn't seem up herself, loving the change in her since meeting John and she is Irish so reminds me of my family. I also like that she wears some ropey make-up but doesnt claim to be a MUA, and is happy to look rough. She is a bit rubbish with consistency but on the whole she is worth a watch and doesn't constantly try and sell me crap.

Just an update on Emma Drew: she's now employed someone to approve her comments so she doesn't need to see anything negative. Honestly, these YouTubers really need to grow up! She's ranted about negative comments in a couple of videos now and on her insta. Any respect I had for her is now completely gone.