Visiting a chapel of rest, should I?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sending love to you all ❤ it’s definitely a personal decision to make.

I lost my nan last November after a 6 week hospital stay and was quite unexpected and we never thought this would’ve been the outcome. When we were called to the hospital it’s one thing that hasn’t left me as she didn’t really look like her bless her. Having helped choose her clothes I decided to go and see her and I definitely don’t regret it. She was very peaceful and it literally looked as though she had drifted off to sleep after a few too many sherry’s at Christmas. A very peaceful place too. I would say just to make sure you have some support around you as everyone reacts differently.

Hugs to everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm so sorry for your loss.
From my experience, when I lost my nan I went to see her to say goodbye, and I was upset because she didn't look like how she was in life, however it also brought me comfort because for me, it made me realise we are all just a shell here on earth. And I felt that the love we had was stronger and longer lasting than our earthly bodies. It made me realise that she wasn't there anymore and in that moment it gave me peace. Sending love. As The Queen said 'grief is the price we pay for love' and its so true. Lots of love to you xxxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m so sorry for your loss ❤
I had the same dilemma when my Nan passed away I went to see her just before the funeral which was a couple of weeks after she passed and naively I thought she would like exactly like she did on the day she passed away. When I got there and saw her I couldn’t look at her she looked so different but I sat in a chair next to her so I couldn’t see in the coffin and just had some time with her. Even though I couldn’t bring myself to look at her I am glad I went I think I would have regretted it if I didn’t. However like everyone else says it’s personal choice

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It's such a personal decision - I did see him in the Chapel of rest and he looked beautiful like one of the carved tombstone figures you see in churches.

But then I kissed him goodbye on the forehead and felt confused he was so cold.

And walked out and some teenage girl started screaming 'haha, she's got knobbly knees' at me but I didn't retaliate.

Hope whatever anyone chooses helps them ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1