Virgin River

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s the other way round - the series isn’t very true to the book. Jack is very similar in the books actually and is actually a very decent male lead. You also don’t have all this charmine crap in the books either.
I meant if you watch the series first then the book doesn’t follow the same storylines eg. Charmaine getting pregnant!

I might buy it on kindle as it’s on offer for 99p.

Reactions: 1
Ahh love this thread! 👏
I love Virgin River and once I discovered it binged it as well over a long weekend after a horrible break up - total comfort watch! It's one of those I wish was a soap cos it's just "sweet" but you could so tell that S3 was recorded in lockdown couldn't you? I agree with who said Mel didn't seem as well done and I think the camera angles were a bit different filming wise? Didn't seem as smooth.
Definitely agree on the last ep being so rushed! A total cliffhanger that wasn't cut in the right place.. and so many unanswered questions. I hope S4 isn't too far away as not to lose momentum!

Reactions: 4
Ahh love this thread! 👏
I love Virgin River and once I discovered it binged it as well over a long weekend after a horrible break up - total comfort watch! It's one of those I wish was a soap cos it's just "sweet" but you could so tell that S3 was recorded in lockdown couldn't you? I agree with who said Mel didn't seem as well done and I think the camera angles were a bit different filming wise? Didn't seem as smooth.
Definitely agree on the last ep being so rushed! A total cliffhanger that wasn't cut in the right place.. and so many unanswered questions. I hope S4 isn't too far away as not to lose momentum!
Apparently they will start recording later this month and probably start of 2022 for it to be on Netflix

• Heart
Reactions: 3
One of the things I’ve found odd is that Doc and Mel wear masks when they see their patients but never use to. And that random massive hand sanitizer thing next to Mel in the medics station at the games. Clearly COVID doesn’t exist in that world but then why have these odd subtle hints?

Reactions: 2
I was annoyed at the lack of research regarding fertility treatment. Are we meant to believe Mels sister suggests she uses her frozen embryos then happens to have them transferred the next day. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
I was annoyed at the lack of research regarding fertility treatment. Are we meant to believe Mels sister suggests she uses her frozen embryos then happens to have them transferred the next day. 🤷‍♀️
I agree. This was so far fetched as she would also have needed to be ovulating at that time too.

Reactions: 7
I didn't like the ending of S3 so here's hoping S4 is much better.

Reactions: 3
Think the hairdressing and make up staff kicked in for the funeral, they all look good and Mel's hair is lush

Reactions: 1
I just finished the 3rd season and I did still enjoy it for a nice, easy watch but agree with most people saying it wasn't as good and felt like this series was rushed through.

I know it's a fictional tv show but for such a small town an awful lot of drama/tragedy seems to happen:

Jack getting shot (I know that was the end of S2)
Doc getting diagnosed with whatever it was (can't remember the name)
Lilly dying - also what was with that? I know she had terminal cancer but she seemed fine that day, went for a nap and never woke up
Brie's miscarriage
Hope's accident
Preacher getting drugged
Mel's ongoing trauma/sadness from her husband dying and losing her baby and then the storyline with her getting pregnant at the end, how did that happen so quickly

Also as other's have said - what is up with Charmaine's non existent bump, she just looked like me after eating dinner. She must surely be ready to give birth anytime now. I'm kind of confused about the timeline for this series as a lot of big events happened but the twin baby bump hasn't grown :unsure:

And one last comment - Jack & Mel both just seemed so miserable the whole series. I know they had a lot going on but for a newish couple supposedly in love you would think they would at least smile or laugh every so often.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The Charmaine story line just bothers me so much. I don’t believe it’s a 2021 take on things. Who would accept that? Is it an American thing? To marry a rich man and have him adopt the babies so the real dad had no say? It just irritates me so much because it seems so unrealistic and unbelievable. I don’t like how Jack isn’t rolling his eyes at Charmaine rather than pandering to her. (I know it’s a show 🤣)
Other than that I am obsessed with it, I love it, I’m so sad about Lily, and I didn’t like the ending but I’m leaving it a week before watching the whole 3 series again…
I didn’t know they were books- off to check that out!

Reactions: 11
This series has been underwhelming, but the scenery is nice 😂

What always amuses / niggles me is how on earth just Preacher and that tiny kitchen can make enough food for the amount of orders it seems to cater for. Along the same lines of the smallish kitchen in Gilmore Girls but at least Sookie had a team of cooks - in Jack’s Bar, there’s just Preacher.

• Haha
The highlight for me has been Brady. I need to google who plays him as he became 3000% more attractive this season

• Heart
Reactions: 12

How was Mel able to afford to put money into a trust so that Tara could keep the farm?

Reactions: 6
I don't understand how Jack's bar makes any money, there's never any staff there!

Plus a whole week of no Dr or nurse in the surgery, how did that work out?!

Havent finished it yet, getting through it slowly.

disappointing season so far.

Glad there is less of hope, Doc is much better without her.

To make up for hope, jacks annoying sister 🙄

Reactions: 2
Havent finished it yet, getting through it slowly.

disappointing season so far.

Glad there is less of hope, Doc is much better without her.

To make up for hope, jacks annoying sister 🙄
I don't mind hope, I'm just finding the whole preacher/paige story an absolute ball ache.

• Haha
Reactions: 10