Venetia Falconer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m just watching a vlog of hers from last week, it surprises me how she talks about “investing “ in a coffee machine, I imagine they’re both really well off (she would have to be to own that flat tbh)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Yeah something about him really creeps me out....I wonder how they met if he was living in the US...
his comment about coffee was weird "but wr should only have onee a day" he seems like he might be quite controlling, she seems really overly focused on health now since him, i get she always was but its like now they don't do absolutely anythkng unhealthy. they were introduced by a mutual friend apparently

Reactions: 3
I’m just watching a vlog of hers from last week, it surprises me how she talks about “investing “ in a coffee machine, I imagine they’re both really well off (she would have to be to own that flat tbh)
I do like that they don't go buying unnecessary things though, a lot of influencers wouldn't have thought twice about buying a coffee machine.

his comment about coffee was weird "but wr should only have onee a day" he seems like he might be quite controlling, she seems really overly focused on health now since him, i get she always was but its like now they don't do absolutely anythkng unhealthy. they were introduced by a mutual friend apparently
I've watched her for a few years and definitely think she's changed in the last year or so when they started spending significantly more time together. He gives off quite a 'holier than thou' preachy vibe. I think Zanna introduced them - I remember her commenting on a photo of them about being a matchmaker, but they seem to have fallen out and she didn't go to the wedding.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I do like that they don't go buying unnecessary things though, a lot of influencers wouldn't have thought twice about buying a coffee machine.

I've watched her for a few years and definitely think she's changed in the last year or so when they started spending significantly more time together. He gives off quite a 'holier than thou' preachy vibe. I think Zanna introduced them - I remember her commenting on a photo of them about being a matchmaker, but they seem to have fallen out and she didn't go to the wedding.
Yeah I remember something on the Zanna thread about them falling out but I can’t remember why now...it must have been bad though as they seemed really close.

Reactions: 1

True, I do appreciate how they are both very principled and don’t just take any brand deals, they’re the only influencers (I am aware of ) that do. That’s so strange, wasn’t she at the wedding shower thought?

One thing about Max that sounds a bit odd but it really stuck with me - in a video they’d been to a restaurant and taken home some cheesecake in a tub to share and he starts licking the inside of the lid...I was thinking ‘mate, you’re not the only one who’s eating that...!’ Sounds silly but it really grossed me out - if my bf did that I’d be fuming! 😂

• Sick
Yeah I remember something on the Zanna thread about them falling out but I can’t remember why now...it must have been bad though as they seemed really close.
Considering Zanna has become such a hypocrite with preaching sustainability whilst constantly flying around the world (amongst a lot of other things.. her thread moves fast these days!) it doesn't really surprise me.

Considering Zanna has become such a hypocrite with preaching sustainability whilst constantly flying around the world (amongst a lot of other things.. her thread moves fast these days!) it doesn't really surprise me.
Yeah that's the impression I got from their distancing. Zanna seems unbearable to me so I'm not surprised

Did anyone else see her story about using plastic in tetra packs? I get her point but I swear at some points her husband has claimed to use 0 plastic ever? Also her claim about time to make oat milk implying she doesn’t have any free time?

Did anyone else see her story about using plastic in tetra packs? I get her point but I swear at some points her husband has claimed to use 0 plastic ever? Also her claim about time to make oat milk implying she doesn’t have any free time?
Yeah saw her story and thought the same. Her husband’s entire business is based around being zero waste?! And yeah it’s fairly laughable for her to imply she doesn’t have the time to make her own plant milk... if anyone has the time it’s her!!! Literally this is what her and Max’s brand is based on?! Very bizarre that she got so defensive.

Yeah just watched it. Venetia seems to be back peddling a little on some of her beliefs and choices. Good that she’s acknowledged her past fast fashion addition and that she uses tetra packs, no one is perfect. But it does come across as hypocritical! Can’t stand her husband, he’s way too preachy.

Yeah just watched it. Venetia seems to be back peddling a little on some of her beliefs and choices. Good that she’s acknowledged her past fast fashion addition and that she uses tetra packs, no one is perfect. But it does come across as hypocritical! Can’t stand her husband, he’s way too preachy.
Her husband really reminds me of a cult leader. Her saying she loves oat milk... that is lit the easiest thing to make. Her reply video was so pass agh it seemed really unlike how she usually is?

Her husband really reminds me of a cult leader. Her saying she loves oat milk... that is lit the easiest thing to make. Her reply video was so pass agh it seemed really unlike how she usually is?
Yeah I get strange vibes from him as well. And yep it was so incredibly defensive/passive aggressive... just like all influencers she can’t seem to take any criticism. You’re intentionally putting your life out there for everyone to see, does she actually expect she’ll only get constant adoration from her fans?! 🙄

This annoyed me too!

Ok so first full disclosure that I am not 100% plastic free or zero waste. And i don't expect anyone to be. Most of the responsibility lies with big companies, and as long as individuals do their bit and try and make changes where that can (time and personal finances allowing) then good on them.

But for Venetia this is literally her career. She makes money and has a following based on advising people to do better. Yet all she can say is "I know there are easy ways to make it but I'm just not interested" in a patronising insta story ... sorry what lol. I mean I wouldn't even expect her to be 100% zero waste and plastic free but if her husband says he is to support his brand then her comments are a bit odd.

She also said the refillable glass option isnt accessible to many - yes true, but surely she can afford a more sustainable option especially if she makes a living on being ethical and sustainable.

Reactions: 6
Yeh
This annoyed me too!

Ok so first full disclosure that I am not 100% plastic free or zero waste. And i don't expect anyone to be. Most of the responsibility lies with big companies, and as long as individuals do their bit and try and make changes where that can (time and personal finances allowing) then good on them.

But for Venetia this is literally her career. She makes money and has a following based on advising people to do better. Yet all she can say is "I know there are easy ways to make it but I'm just not interested" in a patronising insta story ... sorry what lol. I mean I wouldn't even expect her to be 100% zero waste and plastic free but if her husband says he is to support his brand then her comments are a bit odd.

She also said the refillable glass option isnt accessible to many - yes true, but surely she can afford a more sustainable option especially if she makes a living on being ethical and sustainable.
100% this. The thing about time = privilege is true. But she has both of those ? Made no sense to me. Side note, but anyone else think she seems to be losing weight recently? And she’s always been slim so it seems she is going a bit far?

This annoyed me too!

Couldn't agree with you more! Like if anyone can afford the glass bottle milk delivery option or making your own or looking into other sustainable options, it's her. This is her ENTIRE brand, which she is monetising. Surely she owes her followers more than a dismissive "I'm not interested". Also I never understand why influencers don't see it just makes them look so incredibly bitchy/passive aggressive when they go on these rants on their stories... the vast majority of your followers haven't DM'd you something about your plant mylk so why do the rest of us have to be subjected to her egotistical rant?

It’s Oatly, I’m sure she’s done ads with them before. Plastic is ok then as long as she gets paid

Reactions: 6
Couldn't agree with you more! Like if anyone can afford the glass bottle milk delivery option or making your own or looking into other sustainable options, it's her. This is her ENTIRE brand, which she is monetising. Surely she owes her followers more than a dismissive "I'm not interested". Also I never understand why influencers don't see it just makes them look so incredibly bitchy/passive aggressive when they go on these rants on their stories... the vast majority of your followers haven't DM'd you something about your plant mylk so why do the rest of us have to be subjected to her egotistical rant?
Exactly! It could even give her some good content showing how to make different milks and which she recommends etc.

Reactions: 1
Did anyone notice her husbands most recent story he refers to a “low waste “ cooking hack as opposed to zero waste as he did before ? (Unless I’m misremembering)