Vegetarian Family dinners and Veggie lunch box ideas

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve hit a total brick wall with cooking. Mainly because my youngest two kids can be so fussy, I’ve been left disheartened with cooking for it to be rejected 😭 so we are ending up eating the same dinners and we are all a bit fed up.

Also if anyone has any inspiration for Veggie School packed lunches for kids for school that would be amazing thank you!

Reactions: 1
Will your kids eat vegetables or do you need meat-free substitutes for meat products? What are your current dinners looking like?

My girls like the quorn chicken, Turkey and stuffing or ham slices in their sandwiches/wraps. Sept will be the first time they'll be having packed lunches, not quite sure what to put in as mine are dairy free too.
Dinners they like are chilli, stew and dumplings, vivera kebabs, spaghetti Bolognese, meatballs and pasta, jackets and beans.
What meals do they like?

My girls like the quorn chicken, Turkey and stuffing or ham slices in their sandwiches/wraps. Sept will be the first time they'll be having packed lunches, not quite sure what to put in as mine are dairy free too.
Dinners they like are chilli, stew and dumplings, vivera kebabs, spaghetti Bolognese, meatballs and pasta, jackets and beans.
What meals do they like?
I was gonna say these too! We have the Aldi vegetable pies for Sunday roast dinner Too as my kids were getting fed up of the quorn stuff

I’ve hit a total brick wall with cooking. Mainly because my youngest two kids can be so fussy, I’ve been left disheartened with cooking for it to be rejected 😭 so we are ending up eating the same dinners and we are all a bit fed up.

Also if anyone has any inspiration for Veggie School packed lunches for kids for school that would be amazing thank you!
Chillis, pasta bakes, pasta bol, spaghetti, shepherds pie, lasagna with quorn, fajitas, enchiladas

I'm a veggie, do they like falafels? I use them in salads, hummus and different veggies to dip in, different pastas, egg Mayo, savoury cheese, I'm not a fan of the Quorn cold cuts, make potato salad and coleslaw to fill things out. I add cous cous to salads too. Dinner wise I make risottos, pastas, Bolognese, chilli, halloumi and veg skewers, potato and Leek pie, veggie Sausages, baked potatoes, chow mein, satay, curries, veggie burgers, veggie meatballs

Reactions: 3
I am allergic to dairy and veggie (also trying to avoid tomatoes due to it upsetting my stomach big time). I often use the BBC Goodfood website for ideas. https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/red-lentil-sweet-potato-pate is a good alternative to hummus, I also like sweet potato or spinach falafel, or a big bowl of soup (sweet potato, coconut and chilli was a fav for ages). Dinner - sweet potato pancakes, vegetable bakes (any veg in with mashed potatoes and then cooked like a fishcake), stir fries, veggie chilli, chickpea or aubergine curries. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/veggie-chilli/ - good chilli I make for when going to friends.

Reactions: 2

I became veggie as a teen and drove my mum up the wall! (Still veggie now actually). I loved hummus on a nice seeded brown with tomato and rocket, brie and cranberry, also love quorn or Cauldron sausage bap with some paxo stuffing on! Pitta filled with Greek salad and tzatziki, falafel also with lettuce and tzatziki. Oh goats cheese too (not feta but uk or Spanish goats cheese) with caramelised onion chutney on a nice granary roll.

I am allergic to dairy and veggie (also trying to avoid tomatoes due to it upsetting my stomach big time). I often use the BBC Goodfood website for ideas. https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/red-lentil-sweet-potato-pate is a good alternative to hummus, I also like sweet potato or spinach falafel, or a big bowl of soup (sweet potato, coconut and chilli was a fav for ages). Dinner - sweet potato pancakes, vegetable bakes (any veg in with mashed potatoes and then cooked like a fishcake), stir fries, veggie chilli, chickpea or aubergine curries. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/veggie-chilli/ - good chilli I make for when going to friends.
That sweet potato pate looks great - my daughter is allergic to chickpea and I've been trying to find an alternative so will give that a try!

That sweet potato pate looks great - my daughter is allergic to chickpea and I've been trying to find an alternative so will give that a try!
No problem :) sweet potato falafel are fab, can also use beetroot or spinach rather than chickpeas.

Last night we had a bean chilli I threw in the slow cooker in 5 minutes before I went to work, our favourites are green lentil lasagne, mushroom stroganoff, red lentil coconut dhal, mac and cheese :love::ROFLMAO:, black bean quesadillas.... also love the vegetarian butcher range, often use their products especially the chicken chunks to do a curry with. The co op GRO burgers are fab served with cheese on portobello mushrooms! Anyway I'm starving now off to get my tea on the go, freezer diving tonight need to do a shop!

My girls just had the birds eye vegetarian chicken pie and really liked them