Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'll check me cupboard, we're well stocked on Hot chocs and teas in this house!
Right, so the ones that we have "out" at the moment are;
Options vegan instant,
Sainsbury's Mint Hot Choc
Lidl Deluxe Salted Caramel
Green and Black's
Galaxy Instant vegan

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Right, so the ones that we have "out" at the moment are;
Options vegan instant,
Sainsbury's Mint Hot Choc
Lidl Deluxe Salted Caramel
Green and Black's
Galaxy Instant vegan
We had an orange one from sainsburys
Costa hot choc I believe is vegan

We had an orange one from sainsburys
Costa hot choc I believe is vegan
Yes I love festive season, all the flavours come out 😂

The Costa original hot choc is vegan (not the pink!) But I don't go in places that charge for non dairy. Starbucks one is also vegan, no extra charge for non dairy swaps and they have vegan whipped cream!
I loved the after 8s Costa hot chocs but it is just mint syrup so what we do at Xmas time is I'll just serve the kids hot choc with a mini candy cane in the bottom. And a big one hooked on to the side. I remember applauding myself for my inventiveness and then seeing online that everyone's been doing it for years😭😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yes I love festive season, all the flavours come out 😂

The Costa original hot choc is vegan (not the pink!) But I don't go in places that charge for non dairy. Starbucks one is also vegan, no extra charge for non dairy swaps and they have vegan whipped cream!
I loved the after 8s Costa hot chocs but it is just mint syrup so what we do at Xmas time is I'll just serve the kids hot choc with a mini candy cane in the bottom. And a big one hooked on to the side. I remember applauding myself for my inventiveness and then seeing online that everyone's been doing it for years😭😂
Oooh that sounds really good!!
You can buy it in tesco, similar to Cadbury where you add your own milk I think

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Can't get over how good the new Cathedral City cheese is. Texture and flavour are spot on. Not tried to melt it yet.

Can't get over how good the new Cathedral City cheese is. Texture and flavour are spot on. Not tried to melt it yet.
Melting it is the big test for me! Craving a cheese that melts properly like dairy cheese. Have felt to find it! Have found ones that come close but not properly

Reactions: 1
New to this thread, hello 😊 I have recently discovered Lindt's vegan chocolate and it's absolutely delicious! Also love that fruit pastilles are vegan

Reactions: 3
Melting it is the big test for me! Craving a cheese that melts properly like dairy cheese. Have felt to find it! Have found ones that come close but not properly
Sheese is the closest I've found. It ends up a bit like a sauce though!

I love the Applewood smoked one, it melts really well. Probably not the same as dairy cheese, but the best I’ve found.

Costa hot chocolate isn’t vegan anymore. They changed powders. Cafe Nero’s is though!

• Sad
Ginsters do a vegan Bombay Spinach pastie. Not a fan of vegan / vegetarian pasties but this one was rather tasty.

I feel left out of the slowcooker joy and I fuckin love a kitchen gadget (rice cooker, George Foreman, airfryer, bread machine, wee deep fat fryer, Kenwood Chef with all the doodahs....). I can't think of anything much plant based that wouldn't just bubble away to a mush. Curry mush, tomato mush, stew mush...

Have I at last met a kitchen gadget that I can't justify giving up space in my kitchen for??
Do you have one? What do you do in it? Do I need one?

I use mine for curries, chillies, stews and crumbles. I also have a triple slow cooker for when I need to tweak a recipe for my partner. Only the fruit for crumble goes mushy but that's the way i like it.

What is going on with Costa?
They seem determined to be as vegan unfriendly as possible!
My local store refuses to make a flat white with oat milk. Only place I've ever really had an issue with that request. Their loss as I go to the Starbucks up the road. Take that capitalism!

I feel left out of the slowcooker joy and I fuckin love a kitchen gadget (rice cooker, George Foreman, airfryer, bread machine, wee deep fat fryer, Kenwood Chef with all the doodahs....). I can't think of anything much plant based that wouldn't just bubble away to a mush. Curry mush, tomato mush, stew mush...

Have I at last met a kitchen gadget that I can't justify giving up space in my kitchen for??
I love making a butternut squash curry in the slow cooker. And it's one of the few meals my fussy kids Hoover up without too much question!

Google the Tinned Tomato blog. She's veggie but does lots of recipes suitable for vegans. There's a fairly decent slow cooking section that includes that butternut squash recipe I mentioned above :)

• Heart
Reactions: 4

My kids love a stew, I don't find it goes mushy. https://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-recipe/slow-cooker-vegetable-stew-and-dumplings-vegan/

• Heart