Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This sounds absolutely incredible! Tuna and salmon were the only fish I ate before and I assumed it’d be too tricky to mimic the taste and texture. I’ll have to give these a try if I can find them in my Sainsbury’s 😊

Lidl has some very cute Christmas themed bao buns! I’m sure I bought the reindeer ones from M&S last year (and they were probably twice the price too) 😅 Hopefully my Lidl has them!

View attachment 2639119
View attachment 2639120
I'm going to Lidl this week, hopefully they'll have some left too 😊 Both look yummy

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Morrisons have got their frozen Christmas items reduced, I bought a vegan turkey roast this morning reduced from £5 to 1.90. They had other things reduced too like the stuffing balls but none left 😕

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
1704807719344.png

Found all three of these new Walkers flavours in various shops now and can give an opinion!

Firstly, the rebrand to 'unbelievable' is maybe a bit of a reach for the meat flavoured ones as lots of the meat flavoured Walkers were accidentally vegan anyway. I understand why they've done a cheese one as loads of those contained milk.

BBQ Pork Ribs- mainly tastes of beans, which I'm not angry about. 7/10.
Grilled Cheese Toastie- weird synthetic taste and smell. They may have overdone one of the seasonings. 3/10.
Flame Grilled Steak- best of the bunch and reminds me of other steak/beef flavoured crisps. 9/10.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Has anyone else tried the Rubies steaks yet? I got them on offer in Tesco at the start of the month and they went off yesterday so I had to cook them. They would be amazing in a minted gravy as they’re the closest thing I’ve had to lamb since going plant based, they weren’t beefy at all to me.

I don't know when Linda McCartney reformulated the sausages, but these ones are like a stick of sawdust.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Not sure if this is the right forum but thought it was worth a try. I'm looking for a bar soap as I'm finding body washes are really drying my skin out. I used to use an oat based bar before but think it's been discontinued. I know Lush had a decent creamy one but wondered if there were better out there for the money.

Not sure if this is the right forum but thought it was worth a try. I'm looking for a bar soap as I'm finding body washes are really drying my skin out. I used to use an oat based bar before but think it's been discontinued. I know Lush had a decent creamy one but wondered if there were better out there for the money.
Faith in Nature cream bars like Hemp are nice but don’t last long. I love Nesti Dante. You used to be able to get it off Amazon but I can’t find as many ☹ it comes in really chintzy packaging and they smell gorgeous

Can anyone recommend a vanilla flavoured protein powder please?
Vegan wondershake from the protein works. It's the only one I can stand as so many others seem gritty or powdery. Hideously expensive though so I only buy it when it's on 50% off. The vanilla creme one is my favourite.

Reactions: 2
Have you tried Huel? I used to drink vanila or cinnamon swirl, both from Black Edition. I actually stopped drinking protein shakes 1,5 years ago- since I discovered huel meals. I much prefer savoury to sweet things, so to get more proteins I have carbonara, bolognese, tomato pasta etc.

Have you tried Huel? I used to drink vanila or cinnamon swirl, both from Black Edition. I actually stopped drinking protein shakes 1,5 years ago- since I discovered huel meals. I much prefer savoury to sweet things, so to get more proteins I have carbonara, bolognese, tomato pasta etc.
I've not tried Huel. A former colleague used to have their shakes for lunch and I was put off as he always held his nose to drink it 🤣 I'm mostly looking for something to add to silken tofu pudding and smoothies for breakfast and to make some high protein sweet treats. Hoping to up my protein intake to help with postpartum recovery.

Vegan wondershake from the protein works. It's the only one I can stand as so many others seem gritty or powdery. Hideously expensive though so I only buy it when it's on 50% off. The vanilla creme one is my favourite.
The vegan performance protein from Form is also delicious, and very smooth without that artificial chalky or overly sweet quality. The vanilla superblend is pretty nasty though - could be all the added 'earthiness' from the superfoods in this range.

I use Raw Sport Protein or Vivo Life. Both very smooth with fermented pea as the main source of protein. I have tried a lot of flavours although not the vanilla!

I love any of the almond protein based powders from Macro Mike. They’re an Australian based but I usually spend enough to get free international shipping. No chalkiness, super smooth and the best flavours!
They also have amazing protein snacks and protein water

I love any of the almond protein based powders from Macro Mike. They’re an Australian based but I usually spend enough to get free international shipping. No chalkiness, super smooth and the best flavours!
They also have amazing protein snacks and protein water
I think Macro Mike are now available here in the UK. Have a Google x

• Heart
OMG the Squeaky Bean Tuna is incredible. £3 so not cheap, but so much better than any of the other alternatives i've tried. I haven't had a miss from Squeaky Bean yet. In Sainsburys.