VE Day confusion - is history now “dead”?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m shocked by this 😂
not just on here but across social media in general!?

it makes me wonder, do kids not study history anymore!?
Did anyone here actually enjoy history?

Reactions: 7
I am at a loss as to how people have never heard of it! I genuinely am!

Reactions: 3
I’ve heard of it and knew it was the end of the war, but little else. Always hated history at school. Gave it up as soon as I could and we had only studied WW1 🤣

I knew what it was, but I don't remember it ever being a big celebration. To be fair I'm under 30 so that's probably why. I assumed it was a bigger deal this year as we're in lockdown so street parties were to 'lift our spirits'. No street party here lol. My grandad was also a soldier in the war but he was german so 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I love the celebrations and what it stands for. My grandma and grandpa used to tell me some wonderful story's. I hope it's sparked people's intrest in learning about it.

Reactions: 1
I don’t think anyone on twitter under the age of 30 even knows what it stands for....

people were never this dumb before 🤣
They were never this dumb before!!

is it the ‘rona??? 😮

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don’t think anyone on twitter under the age of 30 even knows what it stands for....

is it the ‘rona??? 😮
Oh god 🙈 I’m 30 and have never heard of it until yesterday and I’ve spent all day wondering why I didn’t know about it 😩

• Sad

is it the ‘rona??? 😮
Of course they were didn't you read the article where they asked kids who Jesus was and they said Simon Cowell🤦‍♀️:giggle:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
All I've seen is "today marks the end of the second world war" 🙄 anyone who actually knows anything knows ve day doesn't mark the end of the war and that it actually ended it September, it's infuriated me all day.

Reactions: 3
I'm under 24 and had heard of it but no idea what it meant/commemorated! Turns out the area I currently live has a huge history behind it during WW2, spent my evening researching and trying not to come across ignorant when discussing with my parens :ROFLMAO:

I’m under 30 & pleased to report I have heard of it & understand it! 😂 I love history though & my dad does too so I suppose I’ve grown up learning these things & I'm so glad I have.

I can't believe that people think the street parties that were planned were purely because of Corona. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Events, parties and celebrations have been planned for months and months.
A lot of national trusts had events in place when they released their season schedule last year.
Saddens me that some parts of our history will eventually not be taught.

Reactions: 4
I can't believe that people think the street parties that were planned were purely because of Corona. 🤦🏻‍♀️
A lot of national trusts had events in place when they released their season schedule last year.
Saddens me that some parts of our history will eventually not be taught.
I quite like street parties. :giggle: 🥳

Controversial and kinda bitchy....

why do people find it funny that they don’t know basic history.

this “lol lol lol I didn’t know” 😂🤣😂🤣
attitude is so frustrating,

the one thing I liked in school (and continued to university level) was history so maybe a feel personally targeted 🤣
I loved hearing my grandad speak about his childhood.
we don’t know we’re born do we,
even in the middle of a pandemic we have it easy

• Heart
Reactions: 8
All the plans made went down the toilet but people adapted and made do with the limitations and still
managed to have some sort of celebration. Just like the end of the war if you think about it.